Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
That’s what a franchise goalie looks like Edmonton. Maybe try getting one.

It's more than just the goaltending - we all got to witness McDavid's leadership tonight when his team desperately needed a win against a divisional rival by the way he was acting regarding the extracurriculars. The team left Skinner out to dry in the second period after they got it to within 1.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Never forget
o8ukI2S.jpg

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Oilers need to improve defensively but if Skinner or Campbell was the Canucks goalie the Oilers likely would have scored 3 or 4 goals in the 1st period. The Oilers goalies are definitely deflating the team. Certainly there are other issues but goaltending is a big one right now.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Experienced guys haven't gotten it done either. They need to trade Draisitl and take the C away from McDavid. Babcock is probably the only coach capable of forcing this team to at least attempt to play like NHLers in their own zone.
I don't think Babcock is going to get past the "Lets look at pictures on your phone" phase of any coaching job.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
last year the 2nd wildcard in the West had 95 points

they need 90 points in their remaining 71 games to hit that now which is a 104 point pace

still doable but they do need to turn it around pretty soon

Well they're almost done with the "easy" part of their schedule.

Reactions: Szechwan

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think they're more at risk of losing McDavid/Draisaitl if anything and going back to either being last place or led by a future Shawn Horcoff-esque player.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The fact that ultimately it's up to the guy who was Connor McDavid's agent up until this summers job to fix all of this is just... wild.

Like is that real? Is that a real hire Darryl Katz, Kevin Lowe et all? President of Hockey Ops Jeff Jackson.

As a Sharks fan, it would make our horrific start to the season all worth it if we beat the Oilers next

san-jose-sharks-sharks.gif

Last edited:

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Can someone explain what Woodcroft new defence system is? Like is it just a bad system or are his own players just not following it and tuning him out? Or is just a system that doesn’t suit the players he has? I get their defence has always been an issue but teams are going through their defence this season like it’s pond hockey.

After the Oilers' D got horribly exposed in the playoffs last season, Woodcroft decided that the Oilers needed to move to the Boston/Vegas zone. Which, in the abstract was probably a good idea, except that under the circumstances the Oilers just don't have anything like the players to run it effectively. The end result is what you see: The Oilers have gone from playing a really bad man defense, to a really horrible zone defense.

The real problem, however, is the Oilers' lack of scoring for which there is no good explanation. In previous seasons, the Oilers were able to mask their terrible defense by simply outscoring their opponents, but that's not happening this year.

Reactions: The Management

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Woodcroft will be fired first(never thought he was the right coach to begin with) and then a trade might happen. By the seasons end, Oilers will miss the playoffs(they are 6 regulations game under .500, which is already a lot of ground to make up consider how much parity there is nowadays). And it doesn't help that you have two overpaid goalies in Campbell/Skinner. If I were a GM I would have never given Campbell more than $3.5 million per with 3 years max. Skinner is a $1.5 million per year goalie. As a GM I would also try to bring in a better goalie coach.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
One thing that never gets brought up, and the absolute irony of it because Oilers fan trolled Flames fans for the same thing the offseason prior, is that the Oilers rode ridiculous career years to have the season they accomplished last year, which was honestly a rather mundane season until a hot finish. Going player by player. It’s rather extraordinary:
•McDavid beat his next best year by 20 goals and 30 points
•Draisaitl by 18 points
•RNH by 9 goals and 35 points
•Hyman by 9 goals and 29 points
•Ekholm even produced well above career averages when he joined.
All that, and they were still only playing at a 94 point pace until a remarkable 18-2-1 run to finish the season. Now their top players are struggling instead of going supernova to cover for their flaws, and the results are laid out for everyone.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Like how every oiler fans knows exactly how big a shitbag Kane is and yet the first response is to call the lady a psycho. I think I might give her the benefit of the doubt here.
Without going into the sordid details of some of her actions over the past 2-3 years, I'll say this -- Judges in the US are traditionally biased in favor of mothers when it comes to custody disputes. The fact that a judge considered the facts and decided to award SOLE custody of their child to Evander Kane of all people, should tell you that his ex-wife is a person who is dealing with some serious issues.

Hope this young woman is able to get her life back on track, for her own sake, and for the sake of her daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad