Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Oilers are currently on pace for 82 points this year and will need to play at a .600 pace to qualify.

I know that sounds like a big number to you, but the Oilers will probably be at more like a .660 pace or better in the final 60 games of the year. As they've done outside of their yearly bed wetting in each of the last three non-North division years.

Learn from history dude.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
If you shut down Mcjesus or injure him with a big clean hit, then they would be done. Oilers go as far as Mcjesus takes them. Prime example is how when McDavid went cold the whole Oilers team went cold and were piling up losses. Now McDavid and Drai are putting up points and all of a sudden Oilers are winning.
"If the best player in the world goes down, your team won't be as good". Genius take. Tell us another bud.

The Canucks rely on Demko just as much as the Oilers rely on McDavid. Only difference is that Demko is showing his human side as of late which was expected while McDavid is coming off an injury. I would say do the math but I know that and stats and math aren't your strong suite.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
I know that sounds like a big number to you, but the Oilers will probably be at more like a .660 pace or better in the final 60 games of the year. As they've done outside of their yearly bed wetting in each of the last three non-North division years.

Learn from history dude.
Right….history and learning. Got it. So status quo should suffice then? No need to upgrade anything at all? Given that goaltending bites the Oil every year….perhaps a playoff calibre goalie? Just a thought.

"If the best player in the world goes down, your team won't be as good". Genius take. Tell us another bud.

The Canucks rely on Demko just as much as the Oilers rely on McDavid. Only difference is that Demko is showing his human side as of late which was expected while McDavid is coming off an injury. I would say do the math but I know that and stats and math aren't your strong suite.
Huh? Shitty take alert!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Right….history and learning. Got it. So status quo should suffice then? No need to upgrade anything at all? Given that goaltending bites the Oil every year….perhaps a playoff calibre goalie? Just a thought.

Huh? Shitty take alert!
If they want to win a cup they need to upgrade their goaltending.

They'll likely make the playoffs either way.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

There are things they can upgrade to get better than they are. Goaltender top of the list.

It's just not going to stop them from finishing the year with over a 100 points, well inside a playoff spot. Like last year with functionally the same team, or the year before with a worse team, or two years before that with a substantially worse team.

Stop digging. You're gonna regret these posts in a couple months.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
They did it the year before too.

Keep writing them off, so far it's not going well for you.
lol, how’s that now? I said they wouldn’t be in the playoffs due to their slow start. What they did last year and previous years is literally irrelevant to the conversation and adds zippo.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
lol, how’s that now? I said they wouldn’t be in the playoffs due to their slow start. What they did last year and previous years is literally irrelevant to the conversation and adds zippo.
They had slow starts the last two years also, which was the original point.

I feel you're trolling, you can't be spewing this nonsense with no research.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
There are things they can upgrade to get better than they are. Goaltender top of the list.

It's just not going to stop them from finishing the year with over a 100 points, well inside a playoff spot. Like last year with functionally the same team, or the year before with a worse team, or two years before that with a substantially worse team.

Stop digging. You're gonna regret these posts in a couple months.
Oooooo…now I’m digging! Cool.
So if the same team last year is good to go this year, then why was there a need to change the coach? I mean, if the blueprint is the same as previous years with the same team…why did they make such rapid changes?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
88xegg.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
But you don't understand that your team is still a joke. You guys have one NHL defenceman and no NHL goalies.
How can anybody take this nonsense seriously? Too much of this garbage on the main board and it should be called out for trolling to be honest.

Yes the Oilers defense has holes but one NHL defenseman? That's just stupid.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Oooooo…now I’m digging! Cool.
So if the same team last year is good to go this year, then why was there a need to change the coach? I mean, if the blueprint is the same as previous years with the same team…why did they make such rapid changes?

The Oilers yearly winter of discontent got Tippett fired before it got Woodcroft fired, but it would have turned for either of them.

I don't know what to tell you to educate you any further. The Oilers have been a pretty good team for half a decade now. If you don't want to acknowledge it because you were hoping this was the new normal, that's fine. You'll realize soon enough. And then probably forget it when the Oilers win like 5 of 14 games next winter.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
All this reaffirms to me that McDavid is probably the best athlete in pro team sports, not just the best hockey player. Yes Jokic is amazing, but I think the Nuggets are still a .500 team without him. Mahomes has a great team around him.

Lets just look at what we're seeing here, he suffers a hip (hip flexor tear looks like) injury in game 4 of the regular season and the team falls apart and is near the bottom of the league.

Hip flexor tears take what? 6 weeks to fully heal? What happens at week 5? He starts scoring again at a Gretzky rate, team instantly goes from one of the worst teams in the league to the hottest team in the league the last 12-13 games.

Other players have miracle/stars aligning for them perfectly years, like Gaudreau a couple of years ago when he was an amazing +64 or something crazy ... but McDavid still beat him in the scoring race and then dominated him head to head in the playoffs.

This year? You got guys in the top 10 scoring having dream seasons, everything that can possibly go right for them is going right and then some ... and McDavid? Playing injured for half the season thus far (4-5 weeks/9-10 weeks in), couldn't even shoot with any velocity it looked like for a good stretch there ... and he's just going to casually overtake a lot of these guys before the week before Christmas arrives.

Other players' "dream season" production wise is just nothing to this guy, he just yawns and overtakes them. Oh and he's making another very green rookie head coach with zero experience look like a genius again.

This dude is just an alien, lol. What else can you even say.

Last edited:

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
The Oilers yearly winter of discontent got Tippett fired before it got Woodcroft fired, but it would have turned for either of them.

I don't know what to tell you to educate you any further. The Oilers have been a pretty good team for half a decade now. If you don't want to acknowledge it because you were hoping this was the new normal, that's fine. You'll realize soon enough. And then probably forget it when the Oilers win like 5 of 14 games next winter.
I have no trouble if Oilers win, they are fun to watch. Constantly rotating coaches at the same time telling everyone things are fine is a hypocritical take.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Then why bother responding? If you can’t understand just move on.
Oilers are 6th in GF and fourth in PP 17th in PK 3rd in shots per game 5th best in shots against per 6 players in the top 60 in scoring game none of that spells bottom feeder maybe you should sit this one out

Love

Feb 29, 2012
All this reaffirms to me that McDavid is probably the best athlete in pro team sports, not just the best hockey player. Yes Jokic is amazing, but I think the Nuggets are still a .500 team without him. Mahomes has a great team around him.

Lets just look at what we're seeing here, he suffers a hip (hip flexor tear looks like) injury in game 4 of the regular season and the team falls apart and is near the bottom of the league.

Hip flexor tears take what? 6 weeks to fully heal? What happens at week 5? He starts scoring again at a Gretzky rate, team instantly goes from one of the worst teams in the league to the hottest team in the league the last 12-13 games.

Other players have miracle/stars aligning for them perfectly years, like Gaudreau a couple of years ago when he was an amazing +64 or something crazy ... but McDavid still beat him in the scoring race and then dominated him head to head in the playoffs.

This year? You got guys in the top 10 scoring having dream seasons, everything that can possibly go right for them is going right and then some ... and McDavid? Playing injured for half the season thus far (4-5 weeks/9-10 weeks in), couldn't even shoot with any velocity it looked like for a good stretch there ... and he's just going to casually overtake a lot of these guys before the week before Christmas arrives.

Other players' "dream season" production wise is just nothing to this guy, he just yawns and overtakes them. Oh and he's making another very green rookie head coach with zero experience look like a genius again.

This dude is just an alien, lol. What else can you even say.
You can’t compare an elite basketball player’s impact to that of an elite hockey player. The basketball player simply impacts the game much more. They’re on the court greater than 75% of the game while the best hockey players are on the ice just over a third of the game. Also the Nuggets have a 15-25 record without Jokic over the last 6 seasons.

An NFL quarterback is an entirely different level of influence to that of even an elite NBA player. No team sport athlete can compare to the level influence an NFL quarterback has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad