Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Maybe it has something to do with Cup or Bust! and How all the Oiler fans think their team is a top 3 team in the league. And the only reason you didn't win the cup last few years is cuz Bettman and the Refs hate the Oilers.
Sounds about right……

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
They still are. That’s why all 5 Canuck fans are in an Oilers thread trolling instead of elsewhere. Not to mention Rogers Arena has to be one of the quietest places to watch a hockey game.
That many of us? I would have said 3 tops……

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Read it again…..and don’t put words in my mouth. Never said anything about quality.

What makes you think the Oilers can still be cup contenders and not bust? What changes were made? What changes do they need to make?
I don't have to put words in your mouth. Your logic suggests that you believe the team is closer to the product that started the year 5-12 and not the one that wrapped up the previous year 18-2. You're suggesting that they'll 'bust'. There's no reason to mention it otherwise.

I believe that the team is closer to the latter and that they'll have very little problem getting ahead of the teams you've mentioned in previous posts. I'm not suggesting that they're 'Cup Contenders'. But it wouldn't shock me to see the team find success in the playoffs as they have in the past.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
How many games do you think they will lose? Losing more than 30 games all year is around the bottom cut line for WC spots. They already have 12 and another 18 puts them at 30 for the year.

With 58 games remaining, losing 18 would mean 40 games with at least one point. If they win all 40 it’s simple math - 80 points plus 24 would be 104 points. No problem. But some of the hose games will be OT.

So the question is how many of those 40 are wins? And how many OTLs? And who are you giving up points too with an OT win?

This team will cross 100 points again. Let’s leave it at that.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I miss being a kid in ‘94 and actually cheering for them cause they were Canadian.

Then I became an adult and got into toxic fandom. Oh how I yearn for simpler times.
I remember that series. My mom got mad at us b/c we were cheering for NY. They had so many Oilers on it, so we cheered for them. Did't even have anything to do with Vancouver. 2011...That was an easy cheer for Boston lol

Reactions: Coffey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad