Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I just realized every Oiler fan will instantly
become a fan of whatever team McDavid signs with when his contract is over

Please be the Leafs, please be the leafs, please be the leafs!

You jest, but I think people would genuinely stick it to the management and ownership by doing so. The only thing that seems to get Katz moving is by directly threatening his wallet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just a brutal start. But honestly, there was a year or two, can't remember the exact years but I'll say it was when the rebuild was still in swing, Penner was on the team and they had a hot start before lottery diving again.

I think they'll right the ship and make the playoffs but I'm still not sold that they're a serious cup contender.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I feel bad for McDavid and Draisaitl.

They have been carrying a team like this for years making them look good. Just brutal management from Chiarelli and Holland not to have built a dynasty around superstars like these two.

Reactions: Duke74

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What a waste the the mcdavid and drais contracts have been... Complete steals for what they bring and this is how they surround them with talent. Pathetic. I honestly can't see a world in which they want to stick around. Such a mess. Might actually feel a bit bad for oiler fans...

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
What a waste the the mcdavid and drais contracts have been... Complete steals for what they bring and this is how they surround them with talent. Pathetic. I honestly can't see a world in which they want to stick around. Such a mess. Might actually feel a bit bad for oiler fans...
their 9th and 10th seasons respectively, and the oilers still do not have a legit number 1 goalie. The Defense is two top pairing guys and the rest third pairing at best. The bottom six can't score and doesn't bring it physically either. One would have thought they would have figured things out by rebuild 3.0, but alas, here we are.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
In the span of 2 weeks HFboads went from are the Oilers winning the SC thread to are the Oilers making the PO's. thread.
While I have zero idea what the Oiler team will do going forward I am not willing to make some crazy prediction one way or the other before game 30 at lease. As for McD being out it is time for this Oiler team to prove to themselves that they are more then a stat point making machine for McD.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
In the span of 2 weeks HFboads went from are the Oilers winning the SC thread to are the Oilers making the PO's. thread.
While I have zero idea what the Oiler team will do going forward I am not willing to make some crazy prediction one way or the other before game 30 at lease. As for McD being out it is time for this Oiler team to prove to themselves that they are more then a stat point making machine for McD.
I think they still make the playoffs, unless they continue to flounder. But ya, I wasn't too sure why they were anointed as the cup winners before the season began considering they got dismantled by vegas in the playoffs, and the only significant off season move was to sign an injury prone middle six winger.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
I think they still make the playoffs, unless they continue to flounder. But ya, I wasn't too sure why they were anointed as the cup winners before the season began considering they got dismantled by vegas in the playoffs, and the only significant off season move was to sign an injury prone middle six winger.

It's a simple formula

Canadian media + desperation for a Canadian team to win + Edmonton having McDavid = Edmonton will win the cup!

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It’s only one game into McDavid’s convalescence so there’s still time for other forwards to take this opportunity to step up. The D struggling with this transition is an added layer complicating this though.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It’s only one game into McDavid’s convalescence so there’s still time for other forwards to take this opportunity to step up. The D struggling with this transition is an added layer complicating this though.
19-24-9 all time without McDavid

The D has always been struggling. Draisaitl currently sitting at 124th overall in even strength scoring. Can't just be dependent on McDavid carrying the PP, to rack up points. Gotta be able to create and convert chances even strength and without the worlds greatest player.

Bad team getting exposed, they need to string a few wins in a row here if they wanna make playoffs. With 3 point games it gets very difficult to play catch up as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad