Confirmed with Link: Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & Executive VP- press conference at 10:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IDGAF what kinda spin out media puts on this. It was a stupid decision and it will cost the team many supporters. I will most likely still watch but I have made a decision that this team will not see one dollar of my money while this POS is employed by them. Glad I got my WC champs hat last week because it’s the last thing I will get for a long time.

It’s not spin. There are two reports by two organizations Bowman worked with, one led by Sheldon Kennedy who is not media but a victim.

If he endorses Bowman then far be it from me to pass judgement on him from any perceived moral high ground I feel I might be standing on.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
might as well repost this here

This is such an idiotic hire.

He participated in hiding sexual abuse, which meant the perpetrator was able to reoffend at a school.

He made shit trades, signed players to garbage contracts and drafted terribly. Taking a juggernaut Blackhawks team and turning into into complete trash.

Not only are the optics horrendous, but he's terrible at the job he was hired for.

oh and announcing it 3 days before McDavid's wedding, a special level of idiocy there, ensuring he's going to be hounded for comments on this directly before one of the most important days of his life.

He didn't 'participate'. He was told his superiors would take care of it, which they didn't. He was left out of the loop. How was that participating?

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
the press conference is behind a paywall? haha

1721837448567.png

EDIT: I guess not but we'll see. I just saw the "OilersPlus.com" link

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s not spin. There are two reports by two organizations Bowman worked with, one led by Sheldon Kennedy who is not media but a victim.

If he endorses Bowman then far be it from me to pass judgement on him from any perceived moral high ground I feel I might be standing on.
Beach is really the guy that needs to endorse him

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So you’re just fine with this? Jackson and Katz have an entire world of hockey execs to choose from. Good people with sharp minds. And they immediately choose,by far and away, THE MOST controversial choice they could’ve made. WHY?? He comes with a metric tonne of bad baggage and an extremely spotty record of managerial incompetence. It boggles the mind. You’re forcing everyone in the Oilers organization to answer awkward questions. The players have to answer awkward questions from reporters, their family, and their friends. We are at a critical junction with Drai right now and McDavid next year. In a a world full of smarter and far safer, classier choices. Katz and Jackson went with the worst. f*** them both.
I’m not seeing the logic here myself. Bowman wasn’t so good at his job that hiring him is worth the pr that’s going to go with it. Not saying I’d endorse this move if it was a star player we were bringing in but I’d understand the upside in taking the risk. There is no upside with bringing in Bowman, all there is, is negativity.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
A lot of this is a result of the team always looking the other way. I mean I'll bring up mact and how he literally killed a person and fans here will defend mact with the usual "he feels sorry about that tho".

The mentality of oilers management is that the fan base doesn't care if the team is winning and that's the truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad