Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I could tell you if I was McDavid I would not approve of this hiring and would be very vocal about it.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I mean not really that surprised considering they love to go after personalities with baggage. Kane, Perry...

Probably going to hire Quenneville as well if they have a slow start under coach Knob.
They go after people with no other options.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
And they called me a lunatic when I said Draisaitl is coming to Montreal in 2025. I feel sorry for the Oilers fans. That douche will leave a stain.
Edm has had a lot of truly terrible GM’s. You have to hope they win the cup this year before Stan destroys the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He's a bad person who enabled a culture of abuse. There's your reason.
Sure, assuming he had full details about the incident and had more power than the president of his hockey organization that he escalated the concern to.

Calling this worthless piece of garbage a person is a generous assessment.
Suggesting we hunt him down and remove this filth from this world?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Gross. Hopefully McDavid gets his cup after leaving Edmonton. And just as it seemed like management was righting the ship.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Gross. Hopefully McDavid gets his cup after leaving Edmonton.
There's no way he wasn't consulted to make sure he wouldn't demand a trade if a GM who supports sexual abuse was hired. He also deserves some blame if he agrees to play for a team that employs this scumbag. Hopefully he retires with no cup if he's not man enough to do the right thing for once in his life.

Reactions: Oyletime

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
As far as I know, everybody on this forum was available for the job.

They chose that guy instead.
Not just forum posters either, you got general humans, dogs, cats, owls, peacocks, skunks, mice, rats and even mythological or fictitious persons and beings and even a literal dumpster fire, but was that good enough for Edmonton to choose from? NOOOOOOOOOO.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Why are people parroting "read the report" when they themselves are semi-illiterate and haven't interpreted it correctly?
If he's learned from his mistakes and is a changed man then that's great. But actions (or inactions) still should have consequences. He shouldn't get to jump back into a GM position in this league. This reflects very poorly on Edmonton.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not just forum posters either, you got general humans, dogs, cats, owls, peacocks, skunks, mice, rats and even mythological or fictitious persons and beings and even a literal dumpster fire, but was that good enough for Edmonton to choose from? NOOOOOOOOOO.
Cute lil seal avatar. He/she would've been a better choice!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The team owned by Katz who has/had multiple sexual assault allegations made against him over the years. The team that employs Bob Nicholson. The team that went for Virtanen. Yeah...not shocking Bowman fit right in. Oiler fans need to make this loud at every game, f*** Stan Bowman. I bet Bowman's first move is to get Carter Hart to sort out the Goalie Position.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Sure, assuming he had full details about the incident and had more power than the president of his hockey organization that he escalated the concern to.
That's a pretty safe assumption. If a GM has a player report a sexual assault to him and he claims to have not known the details then he is either unbelievably incompetent or more likely he's lying. When there's like two people who agree with you and about a hundred on here who don't I'd say it's maybe it's you who isn't seeing things clearly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad