Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Im on record as saying Bowman and Quenneville should never work in the NHL.

That said, some people are willfully ignoring that Bowman did a great job actually managing from 2010 to 2015. This idea he simply stumblebummed his way to two more cups after Tallon’s team was ripped apart in a cap purge isnt accurate.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
The roster is pretty much already set for potentially their last chance with this extremely talented group to win a Cup... Why bring in such a controversial GM at this point???

Just an absolute headscratching bizzare decision... Disgusting

Last time that happened Chicago won a cup with him

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
This is rich coming from a TML fan.

Need that Michael Jackson popcorn GIF.

EDIT: So much for a slow NHL summer!
IMG_1223.gif

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Im on record as saying Bowman and Quenneville should never work in the NHL.

That said, some people are willfully ignoring that Bowman did a great job actually managing from 2010 to 2015. This idea he simply stumblebummed his way to two more cups after Tallon’s team was ripped apart in a cap purge isnt accurate.

I mean, Chicago's decline quite literally started when the Kane and Toews contracts kicked in.

Had to trade Teuvo to get rid of Bickell. Couldn't afford to keep Panarin so he traded him for Saad.

And then he gave the organization one Final "f*** you" with the Jones trade and signing.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
seems the M.O. of EDM front office is to bring in anyone that is hated or cast off from other organisations. Bad optics, he was the source of the rot in Chicago, not coach Q.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not much to say that hasn't already been said. Giving a known abuser a letter of recommendation to work in a high school is some vile, unthinkable shit. You actually have to have worms in your brain to be that evil
It’s also not what happened

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
I don't understand this, even if it happened for the 'tough guy'-reason and any negative were to be ignored. Bowman will be under observation permanently, each word and action will be taken too literally, even if he doesn't act in bad faith and means no harm. He will simply not be able to lead with a strong hand because it will evoke certain images and feelings. You are getting nothing out of this.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
seems the M.O. of EDM front office is to bring in anyone that is hated or cast off from other organisations. Bad optics, he was the source of the rot in Chicago, not coach Q.

Q was absolutely responsible for a great deal of the rot in Chicago.

Reactions: Mike C

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
It's not like he was even a phenomenal GM.

His track record in trades is abysmal, his drafting is mediocre, and he handed out some truly horrific contracts.

Everything important and worthwhile on the Hawks was acquired by someone else.

The abuser enabling is the shit-cherry on top of the shit-sundae
Lahey couldn’t have said it better himself

Bond

May 10, 2012
It's not like he was even a phenomenal GM.

His track record in trades is abysmal, his drafting is mediocre, and he handed out some truly horrific contracts.

Everything important and worthwhile on the Hawks was acquired by someone else.

The abuser enabling is the shit-cherry on top of the shit-sundae
Yeah, that is what I don't get about it. He isn't even that good of a GM. It's another Holland but with a lot of baggage.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Q was absolutely responsible for a great deal of the rot in Chicago.
and its up to the GM to rein in whatever hes doing in the room if that is the case. coaches get replaced all the time, how can that role be the source of rot? Organisational culture is dictated from top down, its the captain in charge on on-ice culture, and the GM in charge of the organisational aspect. not the Coach, not the owner or president, not the equipment guy.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
You're not, you're reading and accepting excuses, and justifying this move to yourself.
It's staggering to me that people can read accounts given by key participants in discussions about this, which contradict each other and are full of "I don't recall" when asked about important moments, and take from it that Bowman is any less culpable due to his inaction. Being involved in those discussions and staying quiet, not following up to make sure something is being done, and, at worst, trying to keep it buried so the team can win a Cup shows a deep and despicable character flaw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad