It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Just wait until Mark Stone goes onto LTIR again :sarcasm:
200w.gif

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Perry is probably pumped. He can do anything now and his boss will ensure he is still able to play hockey....In the name of winning.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The real victims are, of course, Blackhawks fans. They've been through so much over the last 14 years, and now to have it all dredged up again. Sad.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Haha, imagine taking this kind of imago hit over f***ing Stan Bowman, what a lose-lose move right after losing in the Stanley Cup finals game 7.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Seemed like the temp guy (name?) was doing a really good job this offseason, best GM work they've had in a long long time. So they dump the guy doing a good job and hire the villian?
Why am I surprised?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I coach youth hockey. I subscribe to having the necessary moral compass to teach young men to be better people and hopefully better hockey players.

If I get asked about this on the weekend my answer is that the Edmonton Oilers/NHL do not care about moral compass/character or culture. They care about money and winning. They also care about those in the club, and they take care of each other.

Do not use NHL players, employees or management in any semblance of your guide to be a good human being. They will most certainly and always disappoint you.

As an Oiler fan this is such an epic fail.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Youd be wrong. Superstar players are the biggest asset for sports teams. Both of Edmontons superstars are coming up for new contracts. The Oilers know exactly where they stand on this hiring. McDavid was okay with it, otherwise it wouldnt happen. The Oilers wouldnt be picking Bowman over McDavid.
LOL ok. There's no IQ min/aptitude test of your choice or post-secondary requirement. A lot of these guys are simply meatheads that fail upward. Hockey management shows it's level of idiocracy on a regular basis. I never said they would pick Bowman over a player. There's just no reason to have faith in their intelligence.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Doubt it. McDavid knew who they were lookin to hire. Teams dont make changes to coaches, GMs, etc, without getting the thoughts of their superstar players.
Yeah, like they hired McDavid's junior coach and agent, yet kept him in the dark on this one. Please. Maybe this reflects on his character too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad