Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Bowman never gave a job reference / recommendation, I dont understand why people think this happened.
oh no, i've done something bad and made an untrue claim on the internet!

lucky for me, my mistake here doesn't rise to the level of moral repugnancy to disqualify me from future NHL GM openings, since bowman's hiring proves that no such thing exists.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I blame @Fixed to Ruin

356839.jpg
803201.jpg

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah, like they hired McDavid's junior coach and agent, yet kept him in the dark on this one. Please. Maybe this reflects on his character too.
Bowman put his 3 rings on the table. That's as deep as McDavid reflected on it.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Horrible hire PR wise and hockey wise. Bowman is a bad GM, this could bring back the dark 2010 days in Oiler land.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Did they not see how bad Bowman was after the core he inherited in Chicago started to decline
I'm a Hawks fan - so I am 100% knowledgeable about the downfall of that Hawks competitive cycle. With that said - he was very successful in constructing the 2013 and 2015 teams after the team was gutted by salary cap issues created by having a ton of talent on the roster (along with some self inflicted wounds).

I'm definitely not saying that he did an amazing job - but I'm seeing a lot of posts in the thread that give him no credit at all, and that's not accurate IMO.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I hope they finish in 17th to 19th place every year during his tenure. Just outside of the playoffs and not high enough to have a draft pick that will change the franchise.

F him and F the Oilers.

Reactions: Rebels57

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It will be interesting to see which GMs will have dealings with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad