Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Mailloux faced Sweden justice and suspended by the OHL. He was also 17 at the time.

Comparing him to a grown man in a position of power who allowed another grown man to repeat a sex offense by not saying anytjing is garbage.

Not saying Mailloux is an angel, but mentionning his actions in the same sentence as Bowman and co. is stupid at best.

Yes it's a poor comparison because Mailloux is an actual sex offender.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bowman put his 3 rings on the table. That's as deep as McDavid reflected on it.
He inherited that entire core. He had nothing to do with the cups. Like how Chiarelli got his core in Boston. Oilers love hiring terrible overrated GMS that inherited their cup winning team.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
They really couldn't find anybody else? Nobody? Maybe somebody who hasn't demonstrated horrific judgement as a leader of an organization, perhaps?

I just don't understand what makes Stan Bowman such an incredible candidate that he's worth putting the organization in this position.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He inherited that entire core. He had nothing to do with the cups. Like how Chiarelli got his core in Boston. Oilers love hiring terrible overrated GMS that inherited their cup winning team.
His biggest move was adding Hossa and they went onto win 3 cups. Bowman is taking over a great team in the Oilers right now and who knows. Maybe he adds a big piece

• Haha
Reactions: HighLifeManIsHigh

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
"I did not talk to the players"
-Jeff Jackson.
Well of course you didn't talk to Derek Ryan, Jeff.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Awful GM, even worse Person. What a disgrace. Hopefully Leon and Connor walk now.
So what exactly did he do?
Seeing everyone jumping on the guy and it makes sense that Oilers could have easily avoided this drama.. but exactly what makes this person a POS so that I could join in the bashing fun.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I can't believe Edmonton would hire a person like that, truly baffling. I truly and honestly wish nothing but the worse to the franchise and the players who choose to play under a GM like that

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I feel much better after the conference. A lot to process really.

Super conflicting. I still think he should not be back.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
You have to wonder if this hiring might affect some of the players on the team including the new acquisitions

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So what exactly did he do?
Seeing everyone jumping on the guy and it makes sense that Oilers could have easily avoided this drama.. but exactly what makes this person a POS so that I could join in the bashing fun.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Oilers fans have always fully supported the team, buying tickets even when the team were losers. Will that continue?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad