OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Any insights on the raw milk debate ?

I've never had any, only raw cheese. It's interesting that it's been politicized in the USA, but so is everything else.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Shakes are good. You can put egg whites and protein powder in there as well as berries, spinach, chia and almond milk. Cocoa and cinnamon are tasty and healthy to add as well.
Yeah those make sense, thanks. I'm really not trying to bulk up anyway - unless it's the hips... - so I'll probably lay off on some of the suggestions but the general idea is sound. Drinks are easier for me anywy.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I've never had any, only raw cheese. It's interesting that it's been politicized in the USA, but so is everything else.

I've been hearing about it for a very long time. There's a group of people who think that if only they can get back to natural foods, as natural as possible, then all their problems will be solved. Probably not true. I'm by default extremely susceptible to these claims, so I've gone through the ringer a few times. Tried the grass fed grass finished beef thing. Beef was tasty, didn't do anything to my health, energy, vigor or anything like that. One day I threw out all my soap because of xenoestrogens, and replaced it with three ingredient soap that burned my skin lol.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It looks like an effective way to get fit is to break the watermelon speed eating record or downing 66 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anyone know if Hockeysupremacy or Sports Rousseau does hockey equipment repairs? I still like my pants, they're still high end pants, but I need to sow a part of them back as part of the stitches holding the thigh protection has given out. It doesn't look like it's too complicated a job to do either.

I also kind of impulse bought one of the blackout extra lite sticks. I've been eyeing sticks for a year, but went ahead and bought one tonight as Ive had a very rare case of insomnia. Almost never happens to me.

Edit: refunded the stick lol. That was a dumb buy and didn't like the review on the quality.

Edit 2: just found out that prostockhockeysticks have a huge discount on all their lines for anyone interested. It's like 110$ for a top of the line stick. Bought a red line one, they don't have many curves left though.

Last edited:

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

What are the risks of raw milk?
Raw milk can contain dangerous bacteria such as Salmonella, E. coli, Campylobacter, Staphylococcus aureus, Yersinia, Brucella,Coxiella and Listeria. H5N1 avian influenza ("bird flu") virus has been found in raw milk from cows infected with H5N1 avian influenza virus.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I use raw milk to make butter. Love the butter it makes. I'm not sure why you'd want to drink raw milk though. I think it's a bit of a cynic part of humanity to want to turn back the clock on science.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAChampion

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I've yet to see you have a pleasant exchange with anyone on this board, why are you here?

I use raw milk to make butter. Love the butter it makes. I'm not sure why you'd want to drink raw milk though. I think it's a bit of a cynic part of humanity to want to turn back the clock on science.
Do you have cows? Raw milk is illegal in the true north strong and free

Reactions: DAChampion

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I've yet to see you have a pleasant exchange with anyone on this board, why are you here?

You may want to visit an industrial milking operation and let me know how good you feel about the 'scientific' approach. It's pretty nasty.

It is true that if you want to make any decent cheese in Canada, you have to turn yourself into a criminal. Canada is a country with all the corners sanded off the tables.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Do you have cows? Raw milk is illegal in the true north strong and free
It's not illegal in Vermont

You may want to visit an industrial milking operation and let me know how good you feel about the 'scientific' approach. It's pretty nasty.

It is true that if you want to make any decent cheese in Canada, you have to turn yourself into a criminal. Canada is a country with all the corners sanded off the tables.
Ya I've done so. Industrial operations are usually disgusting overall.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I don't know a lot about it, I've only had raw milk via cheese. It was good.

I'm interested in each of the nutritional, culinary, and political aspects of it. Nutritionally some people say it's vastly superior as the proteins and other nutrients are more bioavailable, but yeah you'd better find the right farmer. Politically, raw milk was pushed by leftists fifteen years ago, but it's now being associated with the far right due to the immature political dialogue in this country. In Pennsylvania, politicians are using milk regulations to try and destroy Amish communities.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I don't know a lot about it, I've only had raw milk via cheese. It was good.

I'm interested in each of the nutritional, culinary, and political aspects of it. Nutritionally some people say it's vastly superior as the proteins and other nutrients are more bioavailable, but yeah you'd better find the right farmer. Politically, raw milk was pushed by leftists fifteen years ago, but it's now being associated with the far right due to the immature political dialogue in this country. In Pennsylvania, politicians are using milk regulations to try and destroy Amish communities.
Canada quite literally has a dairy and poultry cartel that controls the industry with an iron grip so I don’t see it changing

Reactions: overlords

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Canada quite literally has a dairy and poultry cartel that controls the industry with an iron grip so I don’t see it changing

Man I found out the personal 'non quota' allotment for chickens was 99 in Quebec and got really angry. It's like 400 in alberta. I think my dog alone clears 99 chickens in a year.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Man I found out the personal 'non quota' allotment for chickens was 99 in Quebec and got really angry. It's like 400 in alberta. I think my dog alone clears 99 chickens in a year.

You farm your own chickens? How's that going? For meat or for eggs?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Some Burroughs allow up to 2 chickens per houses. 2 chickens is a lot of eggs!

1725582526239.png

You haven't thought of the cholesterol!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No, not yet. I live in the city but I'd like to buy a few acres further out to escape the madness.

I enjoyed living in intermediate and large cities when I was young, but now that I have a family I prefer less populated areas. I recently moved. There's less noise, and since I spend far less time in traffic I have more time for the things that really matter such as coloring with my daughter, cooking, posting on hfboards, and getting adequate sleep.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I play year round, but how much are you paying and for which sticks ?
Used to like to play year also but when the kids got older and started to have their own activities, had to cut out some things in the summer time. Still had softball, soccer and lacrosse though and suffered through the start of a hockey season come fall. The sticks are CCM jetspeed pro composite @ 250 per when buying volume. Not saying I regret getting them but am disappointed how easily they break.

You must be in good shape. I can't imagine walking that much
Couldn't help seeing what you said and a few things struck me and if I knew you IRL, I'd be concerned. 20 K is approximately 12 miles and should not be much of a task regardless of age unless over 75 and not having a disability.
The other is why walk when Vienna has a terrific transport system.

I walked 20 KMs today in Vienna. What a beautiful city.

My feet are not so beautiful though.
Nobody's feet are beautiful, they're feet! Not a nice rack, legs or behind or a pretty face. Stinky and smelly feet, yuk!

Reactions: Andrei79

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Couldn't help seeing what you said and a few things struck me and if I knew you IRL, I'd be concerned. 20 K is approximately 12 miles and should not be much of a task regardless of age unless over 75 and not having a disability.
12 miles is a long walk. It's almost 4 hours of walking. I couldn't walk 4 hours straight

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Used to like to play year also but when the kids got older and started to have their own activities, had to cut out some things in the summer time. Still had softball, soccer and lacrosse though and suffered through the start of a hockey season come fall. The sticks are CCM jetspeed pro composite @ 250 per when buying volume. Not saying I regret getting them but am disappointed how easily they break.

Nobody's feet are beautiful, they're feet! Not a nice rack, legs or behind or a pretty face. Stinky and smelly feet, yuk!
I visited basically the whole of Vienna in a day, that requires steps.

My feet are disgusting right now from all the walking and Muay thai training.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad