GDT: Habs Golf Tournament - September 16 (Official start to training camp)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Last time i felt this way was at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season. Looking forward to the show on Crave.

I agree....It was the last time I felt this good. I remember thinking how great the future would be, especially after watching Galchenyuk come off the bench and feed Gallagher for the goal against the Devils.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Interesting seeing Armia and Laine forming a bond, if Armia is motivated a second line of Laine-Dach-Armia would be beastly. Armia is underrated because he's so streaky, but his combination of size and skill is pretty rare, he was IMHO one of our best forwards during our cinderella run in '21.

That would give us a 3rd line of Newhook-Dvorak-Roy (I don't see Newhook as a center at all, too small and not defensively aware enough, which isn't a bad thing we need more skill up the wing) which could provide depth scoring vs other team's lower lines.

Would leave a 4th line of Anderson-Evans-Gallagher (I keep forgetting Anderson is still on the team).

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Galchenyuk was very promising until Therrien f***ed him up beyond repair.

There's a lot of blame to go around with Galchenyuk, including Therrien, his dad, the organization (they should have made sure an 18/19 year old in a city like Montreal was well taken care of) and most of all himself for not being disciplined enough to stay our of trouble.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I agree....It was the last time I felt this good. I remember thinking how great the future would be, especially after watching Galchenyuk come off the bench and feed Gallagher for the goal against the Devils.

So sad what happened to AG out of the ice. Kid had lot of potential. I feel like with a better entourage he could have ended up being a very good 30/70 player.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don’t know who f***ed him up the most. Therrien, his father or the bags of cocain if felt into.

It was not gonna end well either way.

I think if this regime was in place, he would have had a better chance to not get into the lifestyle he eventually fell into. It's obvious Bergevin didn't believe in all of the aspects that need to be there to insulate players, etc. and then you add Therrien's stupid mental warfare and general horrible disposition to young players; the tension with his dad, and it's easy for someone in this market to fall into the trap he did.

There's really not a sniff of anything happening like that with the young players on this team now and it's obvious Hughes and Gorton agonize over every detail.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Don’t know who f***ed him up the most. Therrien, his father or the bags of cocain if felt into.

It was not gonna end well either way.
Personally I believe his family enabled him to do stupid things instead of stepping up and putting their foot down. My perspective could be way off but that's the way I see it.

Reactions: LaP

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
There's a lot of blame to go around with Galchenyuk, including Therrien, his dad, the organization (they should have made sure an 18/19 year old in a city like Montreal was well taken care of) and most of all himself for not being disciplined enough to stay our of trouble.
and Anze Kopitar

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Personally I believe his family enabled him to do stupid things instead of stepping up and putting their foot down. My perspective could be way off but that's the way I see it.
That family had red flags all over, wanted him in the NHL asap so the whole family could move to Montreal and live off of him and his sister could go clubbing.

• Love
Reactions: Tyson

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I was at the gym...so I just saw the the screen on tv with no sound...but Cole CAUFIELD.....

Like we say in French. .....la face de cochon....

Remember when this great kid had his smile on his face all the time.

Since last year he has that...f ..face with the medias and gave very short answers

He is maybe pis..off againt them I don't know..but this will not help him if he continue..

When I came back people on radio said CAUFIELD did not want to be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad