Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM & EVP of Hockey Ops

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Ah yes, the guy who fell into first and second overall picks, then ruined the core whilst giving a sexual predator a positive review so he could go sexually abuse more minors. That's exactly the type of person you go and hire as the GM.

I hate this hire, but there's no evidence this happened.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Yeah a guy taking a picture during a consensual act and sharing it is definitely the same as enabling and writing a recommendation for a rapist to a new job where he does it again.

Average Edmontonian. Enjoy your 4 hour drive to the 4th best mountain town in Alberta.
Was there consent to share the picture? If not, that's very f***ed up in its own right and is a sexual abuse crime in a lot of places.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Keep defending that draft pick like the rest of your fan base. average Quebec mentality lol
Lmao of course I'll defend it. What he did was no where close to the predator allegations people were making him out to be.

Mailloux is a fantastic player, I'm happy Bergevin didn't let the cancel culture snowflake mob stop him from drafting him.

Reactions: ItWasJustified

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I disagree. I disagree with the hire as I wrote above, but I also think they are free to do it. There is an argument to be made that what happened with Beach was 14 years ago, and Bowman has now done his time and served his punishment.

Say it how it is.

Beach got raped 14 years ago.
Bowman Enabled the Rapist to go to another place of work and he then raped a 16 year old.

3 years of no NHL is no punishment.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Might be so and it's a good thing, but I still like the reaction from your fanbase and I think it deserves a nod.
I'm sure Instagram/Twitter/Facebook has some people saying "He won cups! I have no problems with it!"

But HF is the last bastion of sanity for hockey takes, as crazy as that sounds lmao

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
One day the oilers will conduct an extensive search into the right gm. This summer wasnt it. Bowman wouldn't have even got an interview in my world. Gretzky would have been a better hire. Jackson doing it interim would've been better. McDavid girlfriend would have been a better hire. This is the equivalent of bringing back chia.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Remember when Bowman gave away Phillip Danault for a couple months of Weise and Fleichman?

That’s up there with the Panarin and Teravainen trades too.

He really was awful after that 2014/15 season and was the main reason their run ended.

Add in the off-ice stuff and then u really start to get an idea just how bad of a hiring this was. Wonder what McDavid is thinking….

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The only possible positive he could spin to get this GM gig to Oilers brass is that his drafting even with downswing in 2nd half of his time in Chicago is far better than what Oilers have done

Literally Oilers have been atrocious at drafting outside of #1, #2 and #3 picks in drafts

It's amazing they got so close to cup but two generational talents + a pretty good former #1 pick in RNH and a FA hit (Hyman) really covered up to an extent the awfulness and lack of depth because of years of lousy drafting

He also could point at his final two drafts which look fairly promising as sign he was improving after some poor years. Allan, Del Mastro, Kaiser, etc all look promising for Hawks

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
sideshow-bob.gif

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
As an Oilers fan, this is terrible for so many reasons. I don’t get it…. This seems like a Katz hire.

I’m so embarrassed as a fan of the Oilers and an Edmonton resident. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad