Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Holloway is easier to replace, but you can’t pay Broberg that much for 2 years. Unfortunately you have to let them both walk.

I have no hard feelings towards these guys for signing. Bowman has had ample time to sign them.
They already had offers from us, but chose to wait it out to see if offers came from other teams. Here we are.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
small price to pay for the greater good

acting like all Oilers fans weren't on board with actively tanking from 2010 - 2015. Back then we wanted them to lose to get better players, I wanted them to lose so our front office can get cleaned out

only difference is, you supported Holland & Co and now Bowman & Co. I don't and neither do a larger portion of the fanbase.

Go cheer for the Flames

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Player speed is that kind of thing that can be an element that you don't know how much it means till its gone. All 3 of the players brought elements that were giving opponents some trouble in playoffs.
But we brought in two speedy players that are highly skilled. And we also brought in a highly skilled speedy prospect. Those are valuable.

Speedy scrubs should be cheap.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Funny part is one of the "positives" the Bowman boosters were pushing how well connected and respected he is in the league. That these kind of things wouldnt happen with him at the helm.

Glad that nonsense narrative has been put to rest.
Oh puhlease…. Because he’s connected and a known entity in the league, other GMs will bow down and refuse to use all levers to their disposal to make their teams better because we have GMSB?

No one ever thought that or said that.

Doug Armstrong is doing what he can to make STLB better. Now Stan Bowman has to make a move in what is the Oilers best interest, given this move. That’s what this is. All the BS about karma, that he’s a shitty GM for this to happen, what a load of horseshit.

Reactions: Oilhawks

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I would let Holloway go. Third liner. Broberg was one of our better D in the CF and SCF. I would take the risk and keep him. They will need to move out Ceci+ a pick to make it work unless Kane goes on looooong term IR.
Dont' forget that Broberg only played third pairing in the playoffs.

He also came in completely healthy when many of his teammates were already dealing with injury. I am not surprised that he looked good.

He looked terrible early last season. You need to move out Kulak if Broberg is matched.

Holloway can get lost. He is injury prone and has trouble scoring points. He might be able to drive a line, but he could end up simply being another Foegele type.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Blind would be ignoring the facts of the matter but you do you. Kyle Beach is ok with his hiring then so am I but continue on your moral grandstand.
I have no moral highground, he's just got a proven record of being a shitty person and overall don't really think he's a good GM. good on you for assuming though

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
But we brought in two speedy players that are highly skilled. And we also brought in a highly skilled speedy prospect. Those are valuable.

Speedy scrubs should be cheap.
Arviddson in 2024 isn't what people think he is. He's lost a step AND he's hardly in the lineup with injury trouble mounting. Over/under is on how many games he even plays and how many he can play at age with any kind of pace.

Skinner? Needs trraffic signs to find his ownzone.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Holloway, McLeod, Broberg represent a lot of speed in the Oilers lineup. Just saying, and losing that, its not a good thing. Haven't seen a comment on that specifically.

Nor is the team again getting so much older a good thing.

not good news today

Its a trouble with going all the way to the Final though is everybody is watching your every player.
Those three along with Foegele also had some of the most egregious turnovers over the last few years, im ok with letting them go.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
I don’t really know what bowman was supposed to do

Sounds like we offered them contracts but they signed else where.

Seems more of an opportunity another gm would take regardless of who was sitting in our chair.

But the hockey gods are cruel so who knows haha. I have a hard time believing that relationships in business don’t have any impact on the business itself.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Let them go. Find a Ceci replacement. Keep Janmark/Henrique/Brown together on that third line, replace Holloway's spot on the 4th with someone from the stable.

Seriously. Players on the team are taking pay cuts to win, and they just want the money. They've showed their priorities.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Arviddson in 2024 isn't what people think he is. He's lost a step AND he's hardly in the lineup with injury trouble mounting. Over/under is on how many games he even plays and how many he can play at age with any kind of pace.

Skinner? Needs trraffic signs to find his ownzone.
I think both Arvidsson and Skinner will score around 30 goals. We'll see.

How many goals will Holloway score? How about your guy, McLeod?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I'm at the point where I take the compensation for Holloway. Broberg signed for the bag, Holloway signed for a coin purse. You can GTFO, Dylan.

Not sure what I'd do with Broberg. There are no good solutions on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad