Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

powerserge

Oct 12, 2022
An economic collapse will not affect the NHL or the cap. People will always spend money on habits and hobbies

Covid showed us that. People were dropping thousands on seats to Metallica this weekend

The cap will rise 100%
True however during the C people struggling were being paid to get by. And that lasted a few months before the powers at be injecting trillions to get the economy going again. Wealth transfer. Right now there are jobs and if you need to you can have 2 or 3 jobs to keep up.

A collapse means there's no jobs. Big difference. Forget affording to go to a game, you cannot afford a beer at an Oilers game lol. If this happens due to the credit crisis and the easy money policy, once this is breached then it will affect the cap big time. Chances are strong it will happen, question is when. Where people spend their $ on necessities only, not the habits and hobbies. The cap would not rise 100% either way, nothing is guaranteed in life even if the NHL projects 2 years ahead.

Can't assume the cap will just go up and up. And to pay our top guys with the same assumptions is ridiculous. If we do and it works out great, but economies work in cycles. We are on a very long cycle right now (thanks to the injection in 2020) from 2008 which extends the good times period, which can make things worse when there is a bad times period. We are in an extended good times period where demand trumps supply and people pay thousands for Metallica tickets. A bad times period is where there is no demand.

Just trying to look forward, no real crisis since 2008, usually we get one every 10 years. When it does happens, will be stronger as a result.

Reactions: guymez

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its not about whats magical or about fixating on the top 4.
Although you seem intent on making this about a top 3 when none of your examples included a player like Nurse. A player who is in the first teir of contracts and should be in the 2nd tier of contracts.

Yes Hyman was a value contract but he had an obvious career year last season. Will that continue at the same rate this season...likely not.
Will Ekholm (who will be 35 years old before the playoffs start) continue to perfom a like a top pairing Dman this season?
Maybe. There could likely be a dropoff there too.
RNH hasnt really been a value contract when you take out the outlier that was 2022/23.
With that outlier removed the last 5 seasons he has averaged 56 points.
Ekholm will be a UFA in 2026 so they potentially will have to replace a very cheap top pairing Dman with a more expensive player to fill that top pairing LHD role as well.
There will still be 4 players in the 2nd teir once McDavid signs.
So as i have said previously...4 players in each tier.

So really its about what the team has dedicated to 2 levels of contracts as it pertains to the cap.
The Oilers will have 4 players in excess of $9M. McDavid, Drai, Bouchard and Nurse.
That in all liklihood could possibly total to just under $50M as McDavid could easily make $15M and I see no logical reason to pay Bouchard less than Nurse on his next contract.
The next Tier has Hyman, RNH, Ekholm and the 4th player will be Stuart Skinner who will be an RFA when McDavid 1st year of his new contract.

In addition I also dont for a second think thats its a foregone conclusion that the cap is going to keep going up (the short term world wide economic realities suggest otherwise...but thats a conversation for a different thread).

The point is when you factor in both tiers of players (which is where my focus is) that likely puts this team over $70M.
So the remaining roster (18 players) has to be completed with ~ $26M available.
Many of those players are going to require $3M/$2M contracts and this team doesnt have a lot of dmen in the system who will take up League minimum contracts.

So the example you put forth dont really provide an accurate comparble to the situation this team is looking at and I completely disagree with your assertion that the Nurse contract is irrelevant.
IMO its going to be very relevant.
I agree with some of your numbers here.

Within 2 years the Oilers will have 4 players (McD-Drai-Bouchard and Nurse) who will be taking down close to $50M. It's unfortunate that one of them is not a tear 1 player but that's history and the team has to live with the decision they made.

I can't see a 5th "tear 1" player who can be added unless the cap keeps rising substantially. I guess that Savoie might eventually qualify for Tear 1 money but at this point he hasn't scored a goal in the NHL so we will wait and see how that goes before he gets the 8*10 treatment.

The bottom line is that the Oilers will be pretty much locked into a core 4 --long term--that is aging but I also believe that this will be the trend around the entire NHL. You lock down a core 4 for the long run and hope that you can somehow fill tear 2 and 3 with good scouting, drafting and talent assessment and pray that it puts you over the top.

The NFL is a good indicator of where most pro leagues are headed. Look at how many good players switch teams in the face of inflationary pressures and salary caps (Lamb turns down $33M per year??) even in a sport where the average career lasts only 3.5 years.

Interesting times in the face of such fierce competition amongst 32 teams.

Reactions: guymez

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
You're missing the point. It was reported Broberg wanted 1.8 per. Oilers didn't want to go that high (spent all their money). STL offered a deal he couldn't refuse and we couldn't match. Number was lower on Holloway but still same situation. What I'm saying is we should have taken care of our guys first before running out at getting an expensive forward with injury history.
It was also reported that Broberg wanted out and was unhappy with the Oilers...If that is the case, it is unlikely that he wanted to sign with the Oilers at 1.8.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
True however during the C people struggling were being paid to get by. And that lasted a few months before the powers at be injecting trillions to get the economy going again. Wealth transfer. Right now there are jobs and if you need to you can have 2 or 3 jobs to keep up.

A collapse means there's no jobs. Big difference. Forget affording to go to a game, you cannot afford a beer at an Oilers game lol. If this happens due to the credit crisis and the easy money policy, once this is breached then it will affect the cap big time. Chances are strong it will happen, question is when. Where people spend their $ on necessities only, not the habits and hobbies. The cap would not rise 100% either way, nothing is guaranteed in life even if the NHL projects 2 years ahead.

Can't assume the cap will just go up and up. And to pay our top guys with the same assumptions is ridiculous. If we do and it works out great, but economies work in cycles. We are on a very long cycle right now (thanks to the injection in 2020) from 2008 which extends the good times period, which can make things worse when there is a bad times period. We are in an extended good times period where demand trumps supply and people pay thousands for Metallica tickets. A bad times period is where there is no demand.

Just trying to look forward, no real crisis since 2008, usually we get one every 10 years. When it does happens, will be stronger as a result.
Couldnt agree more and kudos to you for digging into things a little bit.
We live in an age where we should be looking at everything with a critical eye especially when it comes to the entrenched institutions and their projections of the economy moving forward.
There is so much gas lighting going on these days and much of it is coming from traditional sources. Their motivation (in large part) is to keep kicking the can down the road.
Keep the 'good times' going.

Their mantra..."nothing to see here folks...all is well...carry on as usual."

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
An economic collapse will not affect the NHL or the cap. People will always spend money on habits and hobbies

Covid showed us that. People were dropping thousands on seats to Metallica this weekend

The cap will rise 100%
Metallica tickets are as low as 89bucks plus charges. They are not sold out. Not even close to sold out which is a rarity for Edmonton which is a Metallica hotbed and always has been. People are choosing not to go to things right now due to economic factors.

In an economic collapse only the people economically surviving will be able to buy tickets. Most will be spending their remaining money on necessities.

There were no end of people around the Stadium complaining that ticket prices were too high even though they weren't. There were thousands of people outside just listening to the show. People that couldn't afford tickets in 2024.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
As long as they have McDavid and are a Cup contender, the arena will be sold out, which is generally all that matters.

Edmonton is basically today what Edmonton + Calgary's population combined used to be in the early/mid 90s (and vice versa for Calgary as well).

There's not enough to do in the winter other than watch the Oilers.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You're missing the point. It was reported Broberg wanted 1.8 per. Oilers didn't want to go that high (spent all their money). STL offered a deal he couldn't refuse and we couldn't match. Number was lower on Holloway but still same situation. What I'm saying is we should have taken care of our guys first before running out at getting an expensive forward with injury history.
Yep. This perplexes me. Its not just the team doing this its the fans too. Its f*** McLeod he's nothing, f*** Holloway, Broberg, as if they haven't even been playing for the Oil. We just had a SC dance, I loved all the players except maybe Ceci. But its like we should just devalue them here. I don't get it. Broberg won me over. I was ALWAYS invested in Holloway. Short months ago he was "hollywood" on this board and on the fanbase. Some Hollywood Jerseys were even out there. Months later its a collective "good riddance ya bum" .

The Oilers had no priority on signing their own, again, and went out searching for players they figured were sexy. This again just months after the fans on this board were laughing at how easy it was against the Kings and Arviddson and others. Now pleased for some reason to have injured arvie instead.

Jeff Skinner was one of the most lampooned players in this league, on this board he was constantly dissed as one of the worst 200ft players. But fans adopting him quickly without reservation while saying players that sweated and toiled for THIS club can just get lost.

Its always taken me longer to get over players I liked. But isn't that part of being a fan? I'm not a Just the logo kind of guy. I develop attachment to some of the players. For sure this makes hockey harder to follow now than say it was in 70's or 80's but just how I roll.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
you're right, but no one on planet Earth thought a team would offer Broberg 4 times what he's worth based on 10 playoff games AND offer sheet another player at the same time

it's unprecedented
Its also unprecedented how open the Oilers left themselves to this result. The org caring about its own players that just got them to the SC final dance would've gone a long way to maybe dispel anybody viewing other pastures. its not just 10 games either. Its Broberg coming in and helping us beat Dallas and go to game 7 in the final. Without his help its possible we don't get by Dallas. Desharnais was sinking. I would say Broberg got 2X what could be considered market for an upcoming D that has high potential and the speed skill gifts to get there.

That said the prime question about Broberg to me is does he have the endurance to survive NHL hockey. Will he survive the physical contact, will he be able to absorb that. Other than that and his maintaining health I think he's showed what he can do.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They could have signed at least one of them if they didn't re-up Henrique, that's the one that sticks out more, he's old and more of a luxury than a must have as a 3C.

Foegele and McLeod and Holloway as of right now are not top 6 wingers, with Kane being a giant question mark, we had a lack of real top 6 winger options.

Reactions: Duke74

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I understand.

In the history of offer sheets to RFAs, the percentage that Broberg was offered for a player of his tenure and pedigree is unprecedented. I too beleive it would have been advantageous for the oilers to have tidied this up earlier, I dont believe the size offering was anticipated. Did they anticipate even an RFA offer, perhaps, but I suspect they felt they could manage if that happened.

Either way, I think we can both agree it’s a shitty outcome for the Oiler’s home grown talent. The organization unfortunately will have to learn from this tough lesson.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They could have signed at least one of them if they didn't re-up Henrique, that's the one that sticks out more, he's old and more of a luxury than a must have as a 3C.

Foegele and McLeod and Holloway as of right now are not top 6 wingers, with Kane being a giant question mark, we had a lack of real top 6 winger options.
Did they think that Holloway was going for the bag though?

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Its also unprecedented how open the Oilers left themselves to this result. The org caring about its own players that just got them to the SC final dance would've gone a long way to maybe dispel anybody viewing other pastures. its not just 10 games either. Its Broberg coming in and helping us beat Dallas and go to game 7 in the final. Without his help its possible we don't get by Dallas. Desharnais was sinking. I would say Broberg got 2X what could be considered market for an upcoming D that has high potential and the speed skill gifts to get there.

That said the prime question about Broberg to me is does he have the endurance to survive NHL hockey. Will he survive the physical contact, will he be able to absorb that. Other than that and his maintaining health I think he's showed what he can do.
last season they were open to offer sheets to Bouchard and McLeod, who are better players and nothing came of it..and they were tight to the cap
so yes, no one saw this coming

also Broberg was GREAT against the Dallas and Florida, but lets not forget how fresh he was compared to the rest of the team who had been playing for over a month in the playoff grind by that point

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Henrique is more needed than Ardvison i believe. And will be better i think. We lost a ton of speed and youth. I'm actually pretty worried now. Need legit young guys to push the veterans to stay motivated. We lost 3. Foegele I don't care about as Holloway was his replacement but the Oilers f***ed that one up.

It was also reported that Broberg wanted out and was unhappy with the Oilers...If that is the case, it is unlikely that he wanted to sign with the Oilers at 1.8.
That was reported prior to playing in the playoffs and going to game 7 of the SCF..

Getting Arvidsson & Skinner for a combined 7M cap hit is a good value move. Acquiring these type of guys at the TDL would cost a lot of assets. Look at what Henrique cost (bonus they were able to retain him on a value contract). I would do that all over again. The team needs contributors now. Drai had no wingers to play with last year (played with McLeod and Foegele...) No guarantee Holloway ever becomes as productive as Skinner/Arvidsson/Henrique.

What happened with Holloway & Broberg is unfortunate but after all the combined free agent signings, trades, offer sheets this summer, the Oilers are a wealthier team in assets
Just worried about our speed. Our D isn't great at moving the puck.

North

Jun 25, 2009
They didn't offer very much. Both players were looking for more. The offer sheets were more that twice what the players wanted from the Oil.
Based on last season, the numbers thrown around were fair. These two guys are oft injured and just started showing sign of growth.

St. Louis can go ahead and overpay.

Reactions: gordonhught

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Henrique is more needed than Ardvison i believe. And will be better i think. We lost a ton of speed and youth. I'm actually pretty worried now. Need legit young guys to push the veterans to stay motivated. We lost 3. Foegele I don't care about as Holloway was his replacement but the Oilers f***ed that one up.

That was reported prior to playing in the playoffs and going to game 7 of the SCF..

If Kane was still healthy, Arvidsson may not be as much of a need, but with him ineffective for long stretches, we needed more top 6 winger help than people here want to admit.

Draisaitl playing with non-top 6ers like Yamamoto, Holloway, Foegele, McLeod, etc. etc. was just a stupid set up.

You can get a decent enough 3C probably in season for less than 3 mill. Henrique is also old at age 34 turning 35.

Given a do over I think the Oilers probably pass on that signing.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
last season they were open to offer sheets to Bouchard and McLeod, who are better players and nothing came of it..and they were tight to the cap
so yes, no one saw this coming

also Broberg was GREAT against the Dallas and Florida, but lets not forget how fresh he was compared to the rest of the team who had been playing for over a month in the playoff grind by that point
But this is supporting my position that the org is chronically irresponsible in managing its assets. Multiple years running the Oilers have been open to being burned severely by offersheets. Just because the Oilers leave themselves open multiple years running doesn't absolve them. It supports the notion the Oilers HAVE to be better at managing and retaining assets.

One other consideration. Bouchard is one of only TWO Oilers prospects remaining on our roster that was drafted since McDavid. Thats flat out deplorable retention/selection of assets. Could you imagine how brutal this convo would be if Booch didn't turn into a superstar. Thank god for the Oilers and all of us he did. Thank the stars we didn't lose him.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

26. I wasn’t surprised Edmonton didn’t match Philip Broberg’s offer sheet, but I was — a bit — that they didn’t keep Dylan Holloway. However, I see what Edmonton decided: keeping in-season cap flexibility is paramount, and they worked backward from there. They want as much ability as possible to address weaknesses in-season, which means limiting LTIR use. So, while this episode is complete, there’s still more in the series. Let’s see, in a few months, what Edmonton does. For now, they turn their attention to Leon Draisaitl.
27. If newly acquired Ty Emberson plays fewer than 50 games, he will be an unrestricted free agent. But they like him, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

28. A couple notes: I’d mentioned one thing about Broberg and one thing about Holloway that were disputed. I said I heard Edmonton’s offer to Broberg was in the $1.8M range, so he got a 250 per cent bonus on what he was expecting. That was high, with the Oilers providing statistical analysis comparing him to Justin Barron and Kevin Bahl, offering a $1.1M salary. So Broberg received 400 per cent more than he was expecting. (Doug Armstrong: I’m looking for this kind of an offer sheet for my next deal, FYI.) Agents and players absolutely loved that this happened, and you can see why. Broberg never rescinded his in-season trade demand, and the Oilers knew he was unhappy.

29. As for Holloway, I mentioned that he received a three-year offer at some point from the Oilers. One source swears that’s true, but a couple of others said no. I do know this: there were one- and two-year offers made in July — at approximately $850K (the former) and $1M (the latter). He did very well financially, too.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That part wasn't reported.

Broberg's agent said they were asking for $1.8M. That doesn't mean the Oilers didn't want to sign him for that. They could have been negotiating around that number right up until the Blues dropped the bomb.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yes it does matter. Kane was a star player, the best of the best. After 31-32 there is a drop off and he is playing less games. Still a good player. he was making 10.5 mil now he's getting 3-4 million. In 2015 when he signed his deal cap was 69 million, now it is 88. He's still a 20 goal scorer, why is he not making 10 million still, cap has gone up, teams should be able to afford it. Cap has cought up with his salary.

10.5 million to 2.75 last year to 4 this year. Why, because he is older.

Please stop going back to the old days with all your comparisons. NHL is stronger, more skilled and faster than ever. Older players are not going to be able to keep up like they did back in the day. You are basing your decent moves on unknowns, we will see how it plays out but you cannot bet on it. Analysts say we have one of the worst prospect pools in the league and we don't have much for picks which is yet another reason not to go all in to reinvest in an aging core. Take less to keep the core together or there will need to be decisions made as we can't keep them all.

I don't know where you get your info on Hyms and Eks. Hyms plays a hard game, no quit, never takes a night off. That's high mileage. Eks same thing.

Keith was the best of the best but at 35-36 there was drop off. We had him here in his upper 30's, he was still good and managed to stay around because he is smart and very mobile or father time would have taken him earlier. Clear drop off after 35. Far from the same player and this is an elite player. Don't want to argue, it is unfair to project and expect our guys to maintain their same level of play in the mid and for sure late 30's. Did Chara drop off, did Pavelski drop off as older players, sure did. These guys were all playing for pretty cheap... and Oilers fans are fine to be paying McD/Drai 16 and 14 million dollars at 38 years old. All I can say is I hope not.
Let's be honest, Patrick Kane is not Connor McDavid, who is only 27 by the way, in either skill or commitment. How did Sydney Crosby do last year? 42 goals and 94 points at age 36 is not exactly chopped liver. Pavelski had the most points he ever had in his whole career at age 37 and the 4th most at age 38. In fact, he followed up his 38 year old regular season with a ppg playoffs over 14 games which was only the second time he did that in his whole career. He was also smart enough to adjust his game to suit his aging body.

Chara had one of his best seasons at age 36 and then went on to be a very effective defenseman for the next 5 years. His big decline happened in his 40's.

Ekholm plays a very controlled physical game. He is definitely not a big hitter for example (2.52 hits/gm). He has also only played 812 games in the regular season and 112 in the playoffs. At the time Keith came to the Oilers he had played almost 440 more games than Ekholm has. And Keith was playing very well to the age of about 36 before he was slowed down by knee and concussion issues. Keith was smart of course but he was also a dynamic player whose game was driven by his skating. Ekholm is more of a no-mistake steady guy who never gets injured. Players like that tend to last longer. But of course I don't expect 10 years out of him. I do think that he could remain quite effective for 5 more years barring a major injury. I also suspect that when his deal is up he resigns at a favourable number to stay in Edmonton.

Hyman just turned 32 but he has only 580 regular season games. Draisaitl is 28 and he has played 719. He plays hard but is also not a big hitter given his play style which is not really that of a classical power forward like Evander Kane, the guys who tend to really fall off due to physical issue. He is more of a puck hound. He does take some punishment but also should have 4-5 more very competitive years in him barring injury. The point is he does not have to be Patrick Kane level to earn his pay.

I agree the oilers prospect pool is not great. But it doesn't really have to be to support maintaining the team as a contender since what you need is perhaps Savoie to make it as a legitimate top 6 players, maybe a guy like Akey to be a second pairing defender. From there perhaps you get an O'Reilly to become a 3C or 4C, one or two of Jarventie, Lavoie, or Podkolzin can step in and replace guys like Janmark, Ryan and Perry and perhaps OR becomes a reliable back-up in the next five years. Worrying beyond that point is not worth its since there will be many more players added in that time through drafts, trade and FA signings.

As I said you will win or not with the current core. If that window is only 5 years we should count ourselves lucky. Most teams in the NHL have not had a "cup window" for two decades. And at sometime this core will age out. Maybe you are right and it will be less than my five year time frame. Nothing is guaranteed. But maybe management will finally earn their pay and extend it further than even my five years by going out and filling holes as they open. But I'd like to know what your alternative is that still gives them a chance to win that does not include paying McDavid, Leon and Bouchard.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

The subprime credit crisis of 2007-20108 was by far the worst of my life time and I am an old goat. And yet NHL revenues still went up if only slightly but rebounded up 5% the following year and 10% the next despite the crisis not being completely resolved. If there is a credit crisis worse than this in the next ten years we have a lot more to be worried about than the salary cap. That one almost brought down the world's financial system which could have triggered a massive depression.

Since the cap came into effect covid was the only thing that actually lowered revenues year over year and that trend lasted one year. Even then the bounce back from covid has seen the greatest increase in NHL revenues ever.

As I said previously, the NHL has been extremely aggressive in finding new revenue streams. And the core ones tend to have growth built in. For example the TV deals typically have accelerator clauses with the current Canadian deal increasing roughly 5% per year. So like any big business there is a growth strategy that typically means higher revenue even in recessions, even if growth does slow somewhat. But at least in the short term cap growth is virtually guaranteed barring another covid level event because current revenues would justify a cap significantly higher than it is right now.

Last edited:

powerserge

Oct 12, 2022
Let's be honest, Patrick Kane is not Connor McDavid, who is only 27 by the way, in either skill or commitment. How did Sydney Crosby do last year? 42 goals and 94 points at age 36 is not exactly chopped liver. Pavelski had the most points he ever had in his whole career at age 37 and the 4th most at age 38. In fact, he followed up his 38 year old regular season with a ppg playoffs over 14 games which was only the second time he did that in his whole career. He was also smart enough to adjust his game to suit his aging body.

Chara had one of his best seasons at age 36 and then went on to be a very effective defenseman for the next 5 years. His big decline happened in his 40's.

Ekholm plays a very controlled physical game. He is definitely not a big hitter for example (2.52 hits/gm). He has also only played 812 games in the regular season and 112 in the playoffs. At the time Keith came to the Oilers he had played almost 440 more games than Ekholm has. And Keith was playing very well to the age of about 36 before he was slowed down by knee and concussion issues. Keith was smart of course but he was also a dynamic player whose game was driven by his skating. Ekholm is more of a no-mistake steady guy who never gets injured. Players like that tend to last longer. But of course I don't expect 10 years out of him. I do think that he could remain quite effective for 5 more years barring a major injury. I also suspect that when his deal is up he resigns at a favourable number to stay in Edmonton.

Hyman just turned 32 but he has only 580 regular season games. Draisaitl is 28 and he has played 719. He plays hard but is also not a big hitter given his play style which is not really that of a classical power forward like Evander Kane, the guys who tend to really fall off due to physical issue. He is more of a puck hound. He does take some punishment but also should have 4-5 more very competitive years in him barring injury. The point is he does not have to be Patrick Kane level to earn his pay.

I agree the oilers prospect pool is not great. But it doesn't really have to be to support maintaining the team as a contender since what you need is perhaps Savoie to make it as a legitimate top 6 players, maybe a guy like Akey to be a second pairing defender. From there perhaps you get an O'Reilly to become a 3C or 4C, one or two of Jarventie, Lavoie, or Podkolzin can step in and replace guys like Janmark, Ryan and Perry and perhaps OR becomes a reliable back-up in the next five years. Worrying beyond that point is not worth its since there will be many more players added in that time through drafts, trade and FA signings.

As I said you will win or not with the current core. If that window is only 5 years we should count ourselves lucky. Most teams in the NHL have not had a "cup window" for two decades. And at sometime this core will age out. Maybe you are right and it will be less than my five year time frame. Nothing is guaranteed. But maybe management will finally earn their pay and extend it further than even my five years by going out and filling holes as they open. But I'd like to know what your alternative is that still gives them a chance to win that does not include paying McDavid, Leon and Bouchard.
No alternative. Well, actually not so, you see what you can get for Drai RN. I don't like your model, you don't like mine. Younger vs older is better. In 1 yr or 2 years given the proposed contracts we will have a team of plugs as a supporting cast. If you are good with that cool, I am not. Appreciate your stats.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Our D got better at moving the puck by getting rid of ceci and desharnais

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad