Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Ek - Bouch
Nurse - Emberson
Kulak - Stetcher

I think that would be better than you think. Maybe they do bring in Barrie as a PTO?
Ek - Bouch
Nurse - Barrie
Kulak - Emberson

Nurse - Barrie now would be better than Nurse - Ceci. I firmly believe that.

That is a dog shit D core.

You are relying on a bottom pairing Dman to play top 4 minutes in both of those scenarios.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Trade someone.

I don’t think we can go into a season with that D core the way it is and expect stellar results, let alone, making the SCF again.
And Broberg is going to change that? An unproven overpaid Broberg is the difference. Sounds like a prayer more than anything.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Stetcher and Emberson were playing regularly…on 2 of the worst teams in the league last year

A team with a competent D corps has them playing in #7 role at best
Not top 4 on the supposed “Cup contender”
This might shock you, but every player on bad teams isnt a bad player.

Stetcher and Emberson were playing regularly…on 2 of the worst teams in the league last year

A team with a competent D corps has them playing in #7 role at best
Not top 4 on the supposed “Cup contender”
Emberson was playing respectable minutes on a bad team, and not getting slaughtered during these minutes.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Kinda like how we were relying on a bottom pairing D to play top 4 minutes the last 2 years?

I am not a ceci fan by any means. But you’re joking yourself if you think stetcher and emberson are better than him and will be able to play the minutes he did.

I think that Emberson is going to surprise.
I hope so but it doesn’t realy inspire a lot of confidence. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
What funny is how gung ho I am on letting the players walk. I literally bought a Dylan Holloway young gun card the day before the offer sheet.

Attachments

• IMG_8037.jpeg
    IMG_8037.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 2

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I can’t see them trading Ceci if they weren’t planning on matching Broberg and secondly why do it when everyone believes you’re desperately trying to create cap space? If you weren’t matching Broberg and wanted to trade Ceci anyway, you’d do it after you resolve the offer sheets.

Thats why I think they’ll match Broberg but I also feel like it’s possible they don’t want guys who don’t want to be apart of what they’re doing so they walk away from both. I feel like there’s an elevated possibility Broberg could crack under the pressure of living up to that deal on a cup contender next season.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I am not a ceci fan by any means. But you’re joking yourself if you think stetcher and emberson are better than him and will be able to play the minutes he did.

I hope so but it doesn’t realy inspire a lot of confidence. Hope to be proven wrong though.
Ceci couldnt play the minutes ceci did.

And we seemed to manage fine.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
IMG_4065.jpeg

The more I think about it, the more I’m inclined to believe that the Oilers go with option 1. Some cap space for the deadline (along with 2nd+3rd rounder for trade chips), extra player in case of injuries, and Kane not needing to go on LTIR. Pod and Emberson are the replacements for Holloway and Broberg imo

Reactions: Spawn

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
We’ve been doing that with ceci for years

He was bad but let’s not pretend like he isn’t an nhl regular

One of those guys was on waivers, and the other has been a journey man D.

I hope to be proven wrong I really do, but JMO that that D core is significantly worse.

And Darnell might still be on his rapid decline..

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think that Emberson is going to surprise.
Our defense is so thin we gotta hope a dude with 30 games under his belt is the answer in the top 4
Yikes
This might shock you, but every player on bad teams isnt a bad player.

Emberson was playing respectable minutes on a bad team, and not getting slaughtered during these minutes.
He played good in a small sample with zero pressure on him
Now we need him (or Stetcher or Brown) to elevate his minutes and cover for Nurse’s inevitable gaffs

• Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Ceci couldnt play the minutes ceci did.

And we seemed to manage fine.

Yeah now imagine asking one of those guys to take the minutes along side baby sitting a declining Nurse.

It’s a scary thought.

the overconfidence is just wild. I get it we made the Stanley cup. Imagine what we could do with an actual D corps behind our insane offence.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah now imagine asking one of those guys to take the minutes along side baby sitting a declining Nurse.

It’s a scary thought.

the overconfidence is just wild. I get it we made the Stanley cup. Imagine what we could do with an actual D corps behind our insane offence.
Nurse needs a partner who can get to pucks and actually get the puck transitioning.

Ceci lost almost every puck battle or lost the race to it when it was dumped into his corner.

Reactions: McDoused

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

It’s a scary thought.

Nurse/Ceci was one of the worst defensive pairings I have ever seen in Oilers silks. I’ll take Nurse/ [insert any player here] over that dreaded pairing :laugh:

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Nurse needs a partner who can get to pucks and actually get the puck transitioning.

Ceci lost almost every puck battle or lost the race to it when it was dumped into his corner.

So essentially he needs a baby sitter.

We’ve heard this 1000 times. lol.

How did you watch the playoffs and not understand that Darnell was a huge problem. Asking these dudes to play big minutes while covering him is a big task.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
I don't get how Broberg proved himself. He had some good moments in a handful of games. It's a mistake to extrapolate a cornerstone player worth 4.6M to this club from that.

I guess when you're not that good, and you know it, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm actually thinking more of Holloway when I say this.
Can you finish that question? Who are you getting for RHD at 4.6 million to play top 4?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad