Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
So sure, but also, he was hired and vanished. He doesn't have to lay out exactly what he is (or isn't) doing, but f***ing say something, like he's even aware anything is happening
Have the Edmonton Oilers become an afterthought to your Bowman vendetta? Serious question.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
There's literally no reason to assume he is, he's done less than nothing since the pressor.
I hope that this is a sarcastic post and that you don't actually believe that Bowman is sitting around doing nothing. I did not like the hire because I did not think he was a great GM in Chicago, but what he was was an active GM. There is literally no chance that he is sitting on his hands on this. This is a billion dollar business not some kid's lemonade stand.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Bowman is in a no win scenario here. No matter what he does he will have his feet firmly in the fire. I don't say that to defend him but rather just as an observation.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I
Bowman is in a no win scenario here. No matter what he does he will have his feet firmly in the fire. I don't say that to defend him but rather just as an observation.

Yeah he can’t win.

The only way he would win with the fans is if he traded Nurse lol

Jackson needed to be proactive if he wanted Broberg to be part of the future.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Holloway was better than Foegele when he was healthy. Foegele was paid more by us and even more by LA than Holloway would be getting.
Not sure I agree with that. He was better in the playoffs but foegele had a really good season. Scored 20 goals. I do think we match on Holloway though. Only overpaid about a million and we could use his speed down the lineup.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I'm saying I doubt he cares as much as we'd like to believe.

Maybe management should've managed the cap better and prioritized our RFAs. Whether that's Bowman, Jackson, or whoever.
Henrique skinner arvidsson are all better than our RFAs.

Defence I would have likely better but that is more of a deadline move with what was out there. We just went from best offseason ever with two RFAs who likely aren’t major contributors this coming season unsigned to people screaming blow up a teams depth that was one win from a cup to fit 7M.

Holloway over Perry sure for the extra salary. But come on no team prios most RFAs since UFAs can be signed freely and are priority in July. Doesn’t help that St. Louis was in touch early and the agents knew this could happen so likely were encouraging the players not to sign whatever we tabled and see if this happens

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I don't expect Bowman to find anyone of value, and nobody's going to want to do us a favour.

If Nurse/Ceci is a pairing yet-a-f***ing-gain this season then questions need to be asked.

The defense needs to be upgraded. Sans VD and Broberg it is worse.

Even with VD and Broberg, I bet we are back to Nurse-Ceci pretty quick. That's the issue of concern for me, and was when the season ended. The player we need simply isn't here.

For sure no one will gift us anything. Bowman should be a bit patient though IMO. An extra 2nd and 3rd can be used in a trade. See what teams struggle out of the gate and start working on finding a way to finally fix this D for real. Kane on LTIR we can have the space needed to make the right move when it comes. Team will still be good enough to survive in the regular season, but if we want a cup run again that doesn't depend on once in 3 decade miracle runs by 2 players, gotta actually fix this top 4.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Henrique skinner arvidsson are all better than our RFAs.

Defence I would have likely better but that is more of a deadline move with what was out there. We just went from best offseason ever with two RFAs who likely aren’t major contributors this coming season unsigned to people screaming blow up a teams depth that was one win from a cup to fit 7M.

Holloway over Perry sure for the extra salary. But come on no team prios most RFAs since UFAs can be signed freely and are priority in July. Doesn’t help that St. Louis was in touch early and the agents knew this could happen so likely were encouraging the players not to sign whatever we tabled and see if this happens
Regardless of what happens with this offer sheet thing our defense is worse than last year.

The Oilers needed cheap young talent and now they don't have that anymore. They f***ed up, plain and simple. They absolutely need a d partner for Nurse whose name is not Ceci.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'm saying I doubt he cares as much as we'd like to believe.

Maybe management should've managed the cap better and prioritized our RFAs. Whether that's Bowman, Jackson, or whoever.
I don’t agree. I think he probably cares a lot about his first big decision since coming back to the NHL.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Reactions: Wreckus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad