Confirmed with Link: Oilers Do Not Match Broberg ($4.58M X2) & Holloway ($2.29M x 2) Offer Sheets | Oilers acquire STL 3rd '28 & Paul Fischer for Futures

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Would You Do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
This, this, this.
Try again. He played higher than them already in the SCF. Everyone says we need to upgrade on Ceci and we have someone who will be top 4 if not already for zero cost trade wise. Trll me what a top 4 dman costs in salary and cost to acquire and how many become available

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I would prefer a GM who f***ing does anything. I would prefer to have f***ing heard from him at some f***ing point.

You don't have to apologize for him when he's clearly appears to be doing nothing

Waive Ceci everyday hoping someone bites, because so many are convinced he'll be taken for free
I’m not apologizing for him. We have no idea what the Oilers are doing / thinking. Hell they might not have done anything yet because they are letting them walk. You would prefer to hear the GM? Would him publicly saying they are exhausting all options make you happy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Broberg was given the option to take that 3rd pairing LHD spot for years, and was never able to grab it, or the 3rd pairing RHD spot for that matter. The past few years now, it's been his spot to lose on either side and he just hasn't been able to do it. Bouchard had the advantage of being a RHD, but he earned whatever ice time he got, and in spades.
For years? He only came to NA 3 years ago

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Try again. He played higher than them already in the SCF. Everyone says we need to upgrade on Ceci and we have someone who will be top 4 if not already for zero cost trade wise. Trll me what a top 4 dman costs in salary and cost to acquire and how many become available
He sucked at it. He wasn't better than Ceci. He sucks on the right hand side, and the stats show it.

For years? He only came to NA 3 years ago
He's been pencilled in that spot for the past few years now, yes and always got out played by someone else. It was his to take, and he failed every time. A few years = 2 years - not sure if English is your natural language.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He sucked at it. He wasn't better than Ceci. He sucks on the right hand side, and the stats show it.

He's been pencilled in that spot for the past few years now, yes and always got out played by someone else. It was his to take, and he failed every time.
I really hope you're ready for more Nurse/Ceci chicanery. Because we haven't gotten enough of that over the past 3 years.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
2 measly picks in exchange for 2 uptrending, young, impact players that could be here and contributing for the next 4+ years is a garbage return. Our window to compete is much improved if we keep them.

Have to find a way retain IMO. The difference between Ceci and Broberg would only be 1.35M. Ceci walks next year anyways, and you are looking at a replacement in that 4M range anyways.

Holloway’s replacement would be a 1M player we hoped Holloway would be at this year. And whoever his replacement will be won’t have the same upside. Only a 1.29M difference.

Ship Ceci and Kulak out, get some picks or whatever. That’s 6M right there and we can retain both players. Exchange some vet steadiness for some youth and potential. If the Defence isn’t good enough through the year, look to upgrade at the deadline.
Ceci and Kulak are better than Broberg right now, and if we trade them to keep Broberg and Holloway we have nothing to replace Ceci and Kulak with. Its makes us objectively worse.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007

He's been pencilled in that spot for the past few years now, yes and always got out played by someone else. It was his to take, and he failed every time. A few years = 2 years - not sure if English is your natural language.
Umm a few is 3, not sure if English is your first language. A couple = 2, but these are easy mistakes to make.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Ceci and Kulak are better than Broberg right now, and if we trade them to keep Broberg and Holloway we have nothing to replace Ceci and Kulak with. Its makes us objectively worse.
By all accounts Broberg doesn't want to be here. Ok, bye Felicia and good luck. Holloway apparently took some convincing to sign, but he did (knowing he'd be the patsy in this). Sorry kid, welcome to the consequences of your actions. Buh bye. I only want players that want win, and win here.

Umm a few is 3, not sure if English is your first language. A couple = 2, but these are easy mistakes to make.
Yep...

Reactions: Oilslick941611

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Maybe that has more to do with Nurse....

Stuck with Nurse for years though. Bowman has to earn his salary by finally finding the right guy to make our top 4 not have one boat anchor pair. Someone that can compliment Nurse. Such a player is not in this org right now. Paying Broberg to be a 4.5M third pair D probably closes the door for a while to find that needed player.

Reactions: AM

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The issue here is you are moving out 1/3 of your dcore in order to afford a guy currently worse than both in the hopes he will be as good as either of them at the start of the year.
It really just comes down to this.

St Louis screwed us but let's not screw ourselves as well by trading more than serviceable NHL Dmen for a maybe in such an important window.

Looking at it from this perspective, as I have from the start make walking on them, but Broberg specifically such an easy call in my view.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Stuck with Nurse for years though. Bowman has to earn his salary by finally finding the right guy to make our top 4 not have one boat anchor pair. Someone that can compliment Nurse. Such a player is not in this org right now. Paying Broberg to be a 4.5M third pair D probably closes the door for a while to find that needed player.
I don't expect Bowman to find anyone of value, and nobody's going to want to do us a favour.

If Nurse/Ceci is a pairing yet-a-f***ing-gain this season then questions need to be asked.

The defense needs to be upgraded. Sans VD and Broberg it is worse.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
It really just comes down to this.

St Louis screwed us but let's not screw ourselves as well by trading more than serviceable NHL Dmen for a maybe in such an important window.

Looking at it from this perspective, as I have from the start make walking on them, but Broberg specifically such an easy call in my view.
Yeah, he's got to be let go. I keep going back and forth on Holloway. I'm mad that he chose to sign the offersheet knowing what it'd do to the team capwise. I know it's a business, but dude...why did you have to screw the team like this knowing others are taking a paycut to win here?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There is literally nothing to say until the decision is made. This is a pretty complex situation. Lots of wheels in motion I am sure.
So sure, but also, he was hired and vanished. He doesn't have to lay out exactly what he is (or isn't) doing, but f***ing say something, like he's even aware anything is happening

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, he's got to be let go. I keep going back and forth on Holloway. I'm mad that he chose to sign the offersheet knowing what it'd do to the team capwise. I know it's a business, but dude...why did you have to screw the team like this knowing others are taking a paycut to win here?
Being mad at Holloway is ridiculous. Hell, even being mad at Broberg is ridiculous.

You wanna be mad at someone, blame the idiots who put us in a cap crunch to begin with. We sure are wasting a lot of money on players who aren't even playing for us or just aren't playing up to their contracts.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Broberg and Holloway cannot be traded for a calendar year from 8:30 am on Tuesday if matched!
I understand. The question was: when would the Oilers have to be cap compliant.

So sure, but also, he was hired and vanished. He doesn't have to lay out exactly what he is (or isn't) doing, but f***ing say something, like he's even aware anything is happening
Why would he have to say anything until something happens? It would serve no practical purpose but may well make things worse.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I don't hold anything against the players at all. They just simply priced themselves off a contender, without really proving they are worth it. It's a special circumstance. However, if these contracts there isn't a place on the team for them. If we match and trade Ceci or kulak, we are a worse team with no room to improve anything at the deadline.

I can assure you he is aware.

I don't get why some posters here expect the organization to say anything. What does it accomplish? other than feeding fragile egos here that think no press conference = GM on Vacation.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I can assure you he is aware.

I don't get why some posters here expect the organization to say anything. What does it accomplish? other than feeding fragile egos here that think no press conference = GM on Vacation.
There's literally no reason to assume he is, he's done less than nothing since the pressor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad