Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Not a big EDM guy but when I kick it, it's old school Kraftwerk.

Couple of my modern favs:

Steve Aoki:

Tiesto:

Funny story (to me anyways), wifey selected a Cancun resort unintentional during Spring Break unintentionally with a week long electronica rave every night with Aoki, Tiesto and a ton of others. Partied my ass off while she sought safe haven in the room. lol.

Kraftwerk is the GOAT. Been jamming to Electric Cafe a lot lately. Particularly this track (one of my favourites)

Also jealous, Tiesto and Aoki were at the resort? Damn o_O

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lange is underrated IMO. Remixes are absolute fire and one of the best at harnessing vocals. Those two are some of my favourites but he's got an almost endless catalogue of killers. I've listened to some of his live sets on Twitch and they've been some of the best I've ever heard from any DJ (online or in person).

Excellent remix of one of my favourites, and Blank and Jones was really the first trance I've heard. Cream is one of my favourite trance tracks and still sounds as fresh as the first time I've heard it. Timeless melody. A lot of their stuff is hard to find due to copyright (I think Kontor being the villain here). Which is a shame because they'd get a lot more recognition by trance enthusiasts if it was easier to sample their work IMO

All certified bangers there haha

Armin's best stuff was his 2nd wave 98-02 IMO, aside from his collaboration with Benno in Gaia. Best later trance along with Andrew Rayel IMO. Otherwise not a huge fan of later stuff but there are some good tracks here and there
Trance talk on Hf Oil? Holy crap. Man I used to be on Traceaddict forums all the time seeking out the next tune. Seen Armin like 10 times, got Oakenfold and Ferry’s autograph. Damn, we should do some GDTs with old school trance now that there’s an audience.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Calgarypuck is in shambles right now. They fear some of their kids are becoming Oilers fans.

Imagine having a generational complex related to a sports team and then they steal your kid.

""I vote we wipe the latest E=NG thread from existence seeing as it coincided with them rebounding""

They are even questioning the petty cult slogans. Full on identity crisis

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Calgarypuck is in shambles right now. They fear some of their kids are becoming Oilers fans.

Imagine having a generational complex related to a sports team and then they steal your kid.
"No son.... You are not allowed to get a Connor McDavid jersey. Here's a better one for you...."
GCI8liRa4AA5BuP.jpeg

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

""I vote we wipe the latest E=NG thread from existence seeing as it coincided with them rebounding""

The little brother syndrome of the Flames has to be the most obvious of any in the NHL. :laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Lol. Hilarious and crazy to see. There was a mains thread about Alberta Oil fans or something and Calgary kids becoming Oilers fans was brought up, i thought it was mostly just joking. But come to think of it, no flames fans refuted the claim.

I posted in that thread this classic saying why would kids want Huberdeau as their idol:

Reactions: McDoused

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
The little brother syndrome of the Flames has to be the most obvious of any in the NHL. :laugh:
It's the best thing in sports honestly

Listen to this one: "You better have a heck of a save or some kind of poetic ending delivered by Tkachuk and Bennett in store or this is just pure hatred of all that is good in the world and proof that there is no higher power or karma that exists."

like wtf. He needs a helpline

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I’m loving this run everyone. I was looking at it closer and so far we are just finishing what we started in 2022. We completely embarrassed and demoralized the Calgary flames. Leading them to dismantle every key piece. This playoffs we are chasing down the players that left and beating them again on the way to the finals. Zadorov Lindholm Tanev rounding them up like cattle. If Florida wins we can kill the hopes and dreams of Turtle boy when we win on Sunday. :m-laugh:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

Listen to this one: "You better have a heck of a save or some kind of poetic ending delivered by Tkachuk and Bennett in store or this is just pure hatred of all that is good in the world and proof that there is no higher power or karma that exists."

Ha look at my next post and you can see why it’s really quite comical.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Trance talk on Hf Oil? Holy crap. Man I used to be on Traceaddict forums all the time seeking out the next tune. Seen Armin like 10 times, got Oakenfold and Ferry’s autograph. Damn, we should do some GDTs with old school trance now that there’s an audience.

Damn, jealous, especially Corsten's autograph. Big fan of his stuff as Gouryella especially. Biggest name rave I went to was Elements at the Expo Centre years ago (2012), was cool seeing ATB, Cosmic Gate, Michael Woods and Markus Schulz. Some of the ones I didn't know put on some great sets too.

To the bolded, we could, but might be half of a dozen of us for that audience haha

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Damn, jealous, especially Corsten's autograph. Big fan of his stuff as Gouryella especially. Biggest name rave I went to was Elements at the Expo Centre years ago (2012), was cool seeing ATB, Cosmic Gate, Michael Woods and Markus Schulz. Some of the ones I didn't know put on some great sets too.

To the bolded, we could, but might be half of a dozen of us for that audience haha
Yeh at one point he was my favorite out of all the big guys. Loved the Gouryella stuff too and remember how hyped that release was. Sounds like a sick show. I’ve seen all those guys probably multiple times including at Expo. My first rave was in Vancouver at their version of expo center when I turned 18 AVB was headlining, never stopped for a good 10 years going to those shows after that.

All these trance and rave music is bringing me back to my raving days in the late 90's and early 2000's lol. Good times.

Can't wait til Sunday.... Rogers Place and this city is going to be electric.
Like. K we need some epic trance GDTs. So many tunes would the journey to the Cuo we are embarking on.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

This is potentially shaping up as a nightmare for Flames fans if it’s the Oilers vs FLA. Your hated rivals or the player who couldn’t wait to get the hell out of your city will be SC champs. Pick your poison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad