Post-Game Talk: Oilers Do Dallas and deliver the goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You're one of the most positive, true believer posters here. Full credit for taking positions and defending your opinions with positive, constructive discussion. Throughout dark times in this playoff run, you have stayed true to your belief in this team. Kudos to you.
Thanks man. I appreciate that, I really do. But to not give myself too much credit, a Cup is on the line, and we should be all sticking together and throwing full support and belief behind this team. That’s just how I’ve always viewed fandom in the playoffs, a true believer in the 7th man effect. And also I keep my vitriol towards the enemy(Leafs fans, Flames fans etc) and see no point in directing that towards fellow Oilers fans. So I try not to on most nights, I do slip though sometimes which I hope doesn’t offend anyone personally.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Only real glaring mistakes for me tonight were Carrick multiple times on the same shift. The occasional weak clear from Nurse or McLeod again but I dunno, overall decent game.
Carrick didn’t look awesome to me that’s for sure. I wonder does Ryan come back in after a days rest.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
You're one of the most positive, true believer posters here. Full credit for taking positions and defending your opinions with positive, constructive discussion. Throughout dark times in this playoff run, you have stayed true to your belief in this team. Kudos to you.

@TheNumber4 is one of my favorite Oilers posters who posts on the Main Boards. When he has something to say, I always stop and listen. Love ya man @TheNumber4 !

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
What I'm listening to right now (been on a bit of a kick) is super poppy vocal driven stuff like Ian van Dahl, Sylver, Lasgo, Alice Deejay, Fragma, Scooter etc. Some Eurodance like Real McCoy, Culture Beat, La Bouche, and just great dance pop in Ace of Base

But mainstays of mine regarding trance: mainstream guys like Paul van Dyk, Armin, Tiesto, ATB are always good but big fan of some not as well known: Lange, Art of Trance, LSG, Legend B, Push, Matt Darey, Blank & Jones, Nostrum, Kai Tracid
Tasty list of artists haha, Lange is the remix god, I can space out for hours on his remix of Red Sun Rising, by Lost witness.

Blank and Jones - Mind of the Wonderful (Martin Roth remix). Used to have a VII remix/thunderdome which replaced the main synth with something slower like Cosmic gates B2 future remix of exploration of space. Can't find that on YouTube anymore. Sad how many of the epic remixes are missing on Spotify, probably cause of rights issues.

Kamaya paints - endless wave (SAT remix). Or the Mashup with Leon Bolier, endless ocean wave.
Cascada- never ending dream (deepforces remix)
Ferry Corsten - I love you (Gnomus remix)
Yahel - going up (magikal remake)
Tiesto - Sparkles (Transa remix)
Treasure chest (Thomas Ulstrup remix). No idea what happened to this guy, song is insanely hard, he did some good tunes and then simply vanished.

I could go on for hours. I know Armin was the guy for a generation of trance fans and they swear by 08-12, but for me, the best years of Trance are 98-02 and it's not close.

This is awesome! Adding it to a playlist, thanks
Np friend!
Very nice.. This is one of my all time favorites which became a big hit this side of the pond. Lot of good stuff out there.

Yeah I used to play that for hours on end, classic. Song got me hooked on Romanian dance. Akcent, Inna, Alexandra Stan, etc. Still jam to those oldies.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
So f***ing happy, what a great game the boys played. Stu showed up hard and I definitely have to eat crow on that.

18 f***ing years since they were last in the finals, almost two-thirds of my life. I'll be there Sunday, please win it boys as there's nothing I would love more than to celebrate the Oilers making the finals for the first time in two decades.

It's time to believe! From tied for last in the NHL to one win away from the finals, let's f***ing get it!

Last edited:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
What a win...really proud of the boys.

Nuge was great and what a shot from Broberg.

Skinner also solid.

Just one more win.

Vacation registered for visiting Edmonton in case of Stanley Cup finals....flights also checked...but let's don't get to far ahead.

Please one more win.

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
What a win...really proud of the boys.

Nuge was great and what a shit from Broberg.

Skinner also solid.

Just one more win.

Vacation registered for visiting Edmonton in case of Stanley Cup finals....flights also checked...but let's don't get to far ahead.

Please one more win.
I hope they know that this needs to end in 6.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Was thinking about this today. 40 years ago a team lead by a generational talent a franchise center a high scoring defenseman and great complimentary wingers, won their first Stanley cup after losing to the cup champions the previous year. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Tasty list of artists haha, Lange is the remix god, I can space out for hours on his remix of Red Sun Rising, by Lost witness.

Blank and Jones - Mind of the Wonderful (Martin Roth remix). Used to have a VII remix/thunderdome which replaced the main synth with something slower like Cosmic gates B2 future remix of exploration of space. Can't find that on YouTube anymore. Sad how many of the epic remixes are missing on Spotify, probably cause of rights issues.

Kamaya paints - endless wave (SAT remix). Or the Mashup with Leon Bolier, endless ocean wave.
Treasure chest (Thomas Ulstrup remix). No idea what happened to this guy, song is insanely hard, he did some good tunes and then simply vanished.

I could go on for hours. I know Armin was the guy for a generation of trance fans and they swear by 08-12, but for me, the best years of Trance are 98-02 and it's not close.

Np friend!

Yeah I used to play that for hours on end, classic. Song got me hooked on Romanian dance. Akcent, Inna, Alexandra Stan, etc. Still jam to those oldies.
OMG.I just listened to Saxobeat !!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really loved the way Skinner played tonight, after facing a lot of criticism (much of it earned, no doubt, but still). And not rah, rah after in the post game, just some calming comments. Hope he can have another big one on Sunday, and then going forward.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks.. I'll check some of them out. I'm pretty familiar with Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto and Paul Oakenfold. I see some early nineties stuff that I like in your list as well. Check out Late Night Alumni song Empty Streets.. Everything but the Girl.. Mixes especially are really good.

Oakenfold is also great, my favourite track of his is with 'Grace': "Not Over Yet"

If you like it, the non-radio cut is worth checking out

First Wave (early 90s) Trance is my jam, though the golden age 2nd wave (late 90s to the turn of the millennium) is GOATed.

Push is what first really got me into 2nd wave trance, through an alias of his (Plastic Boy) on a trance mix tape. It really lifts off at 3:25. If you like it, he's got a rich discography to delve into. IMO one of the best trance producers of all time

That Late Night Alumni - Empty Streets track is great, never heard it before. Very chill vibe and poignant vocals, adding this, thank you!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Had to look it up. Becoming one of my favorite storylines these playoffs. So this is what the reporter actually asked Deboer when he dropped the F-Bomb:

“Pete, as much as you praised the Oilers, did you not think it was kind of a lifeless second period for your team? After falling behind and kinda putting no pressure on them at all?”

Deboer responds: “… you can sit there and question our character if you want…” then drops the F-Bomb.

The reporter didn’t even mention character at all and I don’t think he even implied it. What this tells me is that questions about character came from Deboers head instead. Deboer is the one fixated on their character. Like I said at the beginning of this series, low intensity, no passion Stars. This is what I mean when say they don’t have the “it” factor.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Np friend!

Lange is underrated IMO. Remixes are absolute fire and one of the best at harnessing vocals. Those two are some of my favourites but he's got an almost endless catalogue of killers. I've listened to some of his live sets on Twitch and they've been some of the best I've ever heard from any DJ (online or in person).

Excellent remix of one of my favourites, and Blank and Jones was really the first trance I've heard. Cream is one of my favourite trance tracks and still sounds as fresh as the first time I've heard it. Timeless melody. A lot of their stuff is hard to find due to copyright (I think Kontor being the villain here). Which is a shame because they'd get a lot more recognition by trance enthusiasts if it was easier to sample their work IMO

All certified bangers there haha

Armin's best stuff was his 2nd wave 98-02 IMO, aside from his collaboration with Benno in Gaia. Best later trance along with Andrew Rayel IMO. Otherwise not a huge fan of later stuff but there are some good tracks here and there

Reactions: McDoused

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Not a big EDM guy but when I kick it, it's old school Kraftwerk.

Couple of my modern favs:

Steve Aoki:

Tiesto:

Funny story (to me anyways), wifey selected a Cancun resort unintentional during Spring Break unintentionally with a week long electronica rave every night with Aoki, Tiesto and a ton of others. Partied my ass off while she sought safe haven in the room. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad