Confirmed Signing with Link: Oilers decline to match offer sheets for Broberg and Holloway

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Extremely is high reward is a bit excessive when talking about the two oilers prospects.

Neither has been very good at all
The extremely high reward would be if Broberg and Holloway play up to/exceed their new contracts. It's possible Holloway plays on the second line and Broberg plays on the first pairing with Parayko at some point. Is it super likely in the next two years? I think they will get their shot, will have to earn it obviously but I think it's a possible scenario

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The extremely high reward would be if Broberg and Holloway play up to/exceed their new contracts. It's possible Holloway plays on the second line and Broberg plays on the first pairing with Parayko at some point. Is it super likely in the next two years? I think they will get their shot, will have to earn it obviously but I think it's a possible scenario
Holloway was given time with McDavid/Drai. Subsequently demoted because he produced nothing

Broberg couldn’t beat out Brett Kulak and Desharnais for a regular spot.

There’s “some” potential but expecting an “extremely high reward” just because they were top draft picks at one time is reaching.

Their actual play to date suggests nothing about star players

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Holloway was given time with McDavid/Drai. Subsequently demoted because he produced nothing

Broberg couldn’t beat out Brett Kulak and Desharnais for a regular spot.

There’s “some” potential but expecting an “extremely high reward” just because they were top draft picks at one time is reaching.

Their actual play to date suggests nothing about star players
I'm not "expecting" an extremely high reward. I'm stating that it's a possible outcome.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think Broberg has good potential to be a solid second pairing guy and Holloway a third liner. That’s good upside imo and who knows they are young enough to still exceed that.
The Oilers coaching staff sure seemed to trust both of them in the SCF and played them in key roles over veteran players and 2 other teams were ready to offer sheet Broberg so clearly other management groups see the potential too.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Now I'm not saying this to be provocative so spare me the pearl clutching responses here please, no ill intentions. Drai seems really lazy to me when I watch him play. Now let me say that I don't see the larger body of work where he piles up oodles of points so I'm not trying to project off a small sample size here but every time I watch him it seems like his effort is really terrible. I watched him trip Rob Thom 3 times in the same game and got called for 2 of them. Really, really lazy stick infractions that had me going 'WTF is this guys problem? Are his feet broken or something?'. Anyway just thought I'd lob that out there and see if anyone else gets that same feeling watching him play, especially Edmonton fans. Guys what am I missing here? I get the points are there in a big way, raw production is great. But does he leave you thinking that you got his best? Ok, thanks for taking my call I'll hang up and listen.
Draisaitl operates at about 70% in the season then goes full beast mode in the playoffs. Unfortunately his body can’t go 100% all season with the style he plays. He couldn’t get through the entire playoffs this year. By the finals he was probably working at 30-40%.

Reactions: TK 421

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Draisaitl operates at about 70% in the season then goes full beast mode in the playoffs. Unfortunately his body can’t go 100% all season with the style he plays. He couldn’t get through the entire playoffs this year. By the finals he was probably working at 30-40%.
Part of that was probably injury from the Canucks series. Sounds like the Myers hit lingered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad