Post-Game Talk: Oilers are good at shootouts now?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid now tied with Draisaitl at 28 points. So glad to have him back operating at full capacity.

12 points in 3 games. Not many can do that. Within 8 points of scoring race with 61 games to go. I like his odds.

Never ever. Strike me down if I ever do it again

The hockey gods might for daring to question the greatness of McJesus. Never again though, never again.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What kind of rat ass selected stat count is that?

Thats ridiculous. So Skinner gets credit for games where the Oilers don't give up any chances but lets remove the games where he's complete ass. He hasn't had 5 good games all season.

In the Caps and Ducks games we barely gave up any scoring chances.

With all due respect Drive, what's ridiculous is you stating Campbell is an NHL goalie and a goalie better than Skinner.

Campbell has never been good once ever since he's put on an Oilers jersey.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Just a reminder for those have forgotten what high end goaltending that wins playoff rounds looks like

Even this guy could do stuff like this, seemed like having twins at home bombed his run here, but can you see Skinner doing this?

Skinner doesn't have the talent level of those guys.

Skinner is also younger than both, was a runner up for the Calder and made the all star team.

He is young. Let him play until we get a good goalie

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner is also younger than both, was a runner up for the Calder and made the all star team.

He is young. Let him play until we get a good goalie

Like do we have a choice? lol.

Of course he will play, just like Conklin/Markkanen/Morrison did until the Oilers got Roloson.

And if this management group can't find a better goalie than what we have now, then should all should hand in their resignations now.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If pre-season Campbell comes back we make the playoffs and the boys will take the bus to games just so they can spend more time together
Preseason play doesn't mean squat. It's been proven time again

Check out that puck tracking and look how well he covers the net on that cross.

Here comes our savior!

He looked like a deer in the headlights

Reactions: RegDunlop

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
McLoed does - nothing - out there. I was shocked he hit someone in the 1st period. As our 3rd line C he’s a massive net negative.
Too bad really. His speed is impressive but he has to get physical and get in the dirty areas. Something Holloway was willing to do. Unfortunately, Holloway has a black cat following him with unlucky injuries time and time again.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Ok screw all the advanced stats.

Do you think Edmonton goes anywhere with Skinner as their #1?

That is the only question the upstairs people need to be asking themselves.

I don't think so. I hope he can slowly improve. He's young. He isn't ready though to carry this team anywhere

Well man they did make the playoffs and the 2nd round with Skinner as the starter

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I was watching Vegas and their breakout hard last night. I watched ours and we really look like we are trying more controlled exits now. I did not see us just throwing the puck out blindly left and right just to retreat and defend again

Well man they did make the playoffs and the 2nd round with Skinner as the starter
Ok yes, but lets be realistic. McDavid and Drai mask a lot of stuff when they are on. They are getting hot now. They are about to take over #1/#2 in points within a month IMO. 2 behind that flopper EP40 in less games played. They haven't even been 100% sans a few games and they are already basically top 10.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Well compared to our other goalies, Skinner is probably the best one we could go with now
Yes, this is true right now, although I liked how Pickard has looked in his small sample size.

The Oilers might have some more bargaining power if they keep winning games. Seems like GM's are trying to bend them over

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I don't think they honestly would've made the 2nd round if Skinner had been left in net with the Oilers near death and the Kings about to go up 3-1. Campbell did play well that 1 game.

This goaltending tandem is such ass, lol. Just pure shit.

Reactions: TheSuperElite

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
There are plenty of games where he absolutely blows it with his rebound control, or playing too deep in his net…

I’ll be the first to criticize those clear errors. I’m just giving the perspective of what he is seeing on that shot… you can’t stop what you don’t see (generally)

And that doesn’t mean you aren’t expected to snag a beautiful glove save on the occasional 2-1 cross ice… to your point also a tough save, but to my point, one you can see (and can anticipate)
I remember you saying that you played goalie, so your perspective is always a breath of fresh air and interesting.

Always loved your avatar. I had that game for Genesis when Messier was on the Oilers. They actually showed highlites of other games in between periods. They can't even do that now lol. Had every EA NHL game until about NHL 19 I think. I just let my nephew take my Xbox and never bought another one.

Reactions: bucks_oil

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
With all due respect Drive, what's ridiculous is you stating Campbell is an NHL goalie and a goalie better than Skinner.

Campbell has never been good once ever since he's put on an Oilers jersey.

Not going to defend this year's iteration of Campbell, but last playoffs, Campbell single handedly saved the series against LA

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Too bad really. His speed is impressive but he has to get physical and get in the dirty areas. Something Holloway was willing to do. Unfortunately, Holloway has a black cat following him with unlucky injuries time and time again.

He’s been like this since the Avs eliminated us. It’s not bad luck. It’s just his game now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad