Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
What moves should we make this offseason? Who should stay and go? Will we be active in the UFA/trade market? Will anyone be bought out?

Discuss all offseason roster matters in here.
A lot will depend on the coach if/when Laine is traded and for whom, I'd also start to wonder if it would be better to trade Severson. We have Boqvist, who is better offensively, and on the PP. He's also younger. Jiricek is another. Somehow I doubt he will agree to play in the AHL. Gudbranson would be a shame to trade, he played well last season.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I just threw up reading your sentence.

But id be interested in acquiring him depending on the price. If the Jets are wanting an NHL piece (and not a pick or prospect swap) I don't really know what we'd be able to offer except KJ. And I wouldn't do that.
They need RHD and 2C

So Sillinger?

I like watching Rutger in college but I'm not sure he's a better NHLer. It would be interesting since we have RHD (Severson, Boquist) and 2C candidates that are younger (Silly, Voronkov) that could actually seem reasonable and maybe McGroaty is willing to join our former wolverines

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They need RHD and 2C

So Sillinger?

I'd have to think about that one.

My disinterest in McGroarty is largely that we're so overstocked with young middling forwards. The blind are leading the blind. It would be hard to break him in. But moving another young guy for him might work, and Sillinger is about at that level.

I don't know enough about McGroarty though. How is he at center? Last I checked his skating and playmaking are better than Sillinger.

Edit: I just read up on why McGroarty has an issue in Winnipeg. They were willing to sign him but they wouldn't guarantee NHL playing time right away. I don't want to make that guarantee to him so I don't want this player.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I'd have to think about that one.

My disinterest in McGroarty is largely that we're so overstocked with young middling forwards. The blind are leading the blind. It would be hard to break him in. But moving another young guy for him might work, and Sillinger is about at that level.

I don't know enough about McGroarty though. How is he at center? Last I checked his skating and playmaking are better than Sillinger.

Edit: I just read up on why McGroarty has an issue in Winnipeg. They were willing to sign him but they wouldn't guarantee NHL playing time right away. I don't want to make that guarantee to him so I don't want this player.

Yeah, playing time is the issue but you wonder if playing with KJ and Brindley in the AHL changes that. Brindley is literally his linemate.

The real question is does he bring something we need. I always remember him playing a heavy element in that line which is why I have interest but I think you do this as a series of moves that take wings and etc and turn the team into tougher to play against because of the cycle.

I'm not really sure he has more value than silly even but I'm sure TR&FA would roast me for that. Silly is a year older but actually plays center in the NHL (not wing in the NCAA). And I feel like Silly is just starting to understand cycling in the NHL.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I just threw up reading your sentence.

But id be interested in acquiring him depending on the price. If the Jets are wanting an NHL piece (and not a pick or prospect swap) I don't really know what we'd be able to offer except KJ. And I wouldn't do that.
Probably not, but I thought about 36OA and Boqvist. They would get the 14th pick in the 2nd of he didn't sign and 36 might be a good option this year. I would add a prospect as well if we could get him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Probably not, but I thought about 36OA and Boqvist. They would get the 14th pick in the 2nd of he didn't sign and 36 might be a good option this year. I would add a prospect as well if we could get him.
I feel like it would take more than that to get a guy who was a 1st round pick and the C of the USA World Junior team. I assume the 36th overall could be traded as long as we defer the 2nd round option to next season for Philly.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
sillinger for mcgroarty seems like a good deal for both sides:
  • similar draft pedigree (sillinger 12th, mcgroarty 14th overall)
  • similar types of games (good hands + high compete level + below-average skating)
  • similar intangibles (both have been characterized as future leaders)
  • mcgroarty would have ELC years and could be a power wing, also has chemistry with the michigan guys here
  • sillinger is an established but still young/cheap player who would get more support on a better winnipeg roster
whatever elements the jets wanted from picking mcgroarty, they'd largely get from sillinger. they'd get to reset a relationship they botched and eliminate the signing uncertainty.

columbus gets a player who comes straight from a winning program, trades RFA years for ELC years, and gets a player who may provide more scoring upside and lineup versatility (I think he's an NHL wing who can fake it at center).

• Haha
Reactions: Cowumbus

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
sillinger for mcgroarty seems like a good deal for both sides:
  • similar draft pedigree (sillinger 12th, mcgroarty 14th overall)
  • similar types of games (good hands + high compete level + below-average skating)
  • similar intangibles (both have been characterized as future leaders)
  • mcgroarty would have ELC years and could be a power wing, also has chemistry with the michigan guys here
  • sillinger is an established but still young/cheap player who would get more support on a better winnipeg roster
whatever elements the jets wanted from picking mcgroarty, they'd largely get from sillinger. they'd get to reset a relationship they botched and eliminate the signing uncertainty.

columbus gets a player who comes straight from a winning program, trades RFA years for ELC years, and gets a player who may provide more scoring upside and lineup versatility (I think he's an NHL wing who can fake it at center).
Why would we trade a two-way center for a winger when no one knows what he's going to look like in the NHL? Just because he knows the Michigan guys? Strange. Especially if he wants to play in the NHL next season. Do you want another Jiříček? Btw, we may have a lot of "fun" ahead of us with David. And it's not out of the question that Johnson will refuse to sign a new contract if they indicate they want him to play in the AHL for one season, even its part.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm looking at Florida's stats. As I wrote, Reinhart doesn't have that great of numbers, not only against the Oilers, but against the Rangers he didn't look special either. He's pretty dependent on Barkov. And in general, at 5v5 he doesn't look extra, case in point.

Although this season is an anomaly, his S% was 24.5 in the regular season, but he only had 20 goals in 5v5 in 82. For example Marchenko had 14 in 78, Chinakhov 15 in 53, Jenner 16 in 58. Btw more than Barkov and Tkachuk.

Last season he had "beautiful" 9 in 82, Johnson 9 in 79, Laine 13 in 55, Marchenko 13 in 59, Gaudreau 13 in 80, Jenner 15 in 68.

In the 2021/22 season 14 in 78, for us Laine 14 in 56, Jenner 14 in 59, Bjorkstrand 16 in 80, Roslovic 17 in 81.

Lundell improves very well so they can trade Bennett, who does not M-NTC/NTC/NMC.

Btw... hmm, we might get him. :huh: For example for Sillinger/Voronkov + ... (not Laine I can't imagine Florida would wants him). Understand me right. I would not be happy to trade Dima. But Don Don is not Jarmo and may not see a reason to keep all the Russians.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad