Offre hostile possibilities

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
re: the Skinner debacle. In the end, it worked out OK I think.
- No way were paying Skinner 8+ M so he was gone after this year no matter what.
- We were in the thick of it and wouldn't have moved him at the deadline (assuming the team would have been in the same spot with him as without him).
- We were a bit miffed that we didn't at least get one of the SJS or STL 1st round picks the Sabres had, as a late 1st and prospect was viewed as a decent "rental price".
- Team made the ECF even without him. Hard to see how they would have done better.

Instead we got Buffalo's 2nd, which is 36th (vs. 29th for SJS and 30/31 for STL) and a 3rd next year (which should be high also). Still could have probably done a little better without his NMC, but in the end, it's ok.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
So do you guys read the title "Offer **** possibilities", and is this effectively the successor of Jeff Skinner drinking game thread except it's us doing upon unto us before they can do upon unto us?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
All I'm saying is that some team is going to get a lot better version of Zaitsev than the Leafs got. I think he's got a lot more to offer than what we've seen the past two seasons with his confidence shot.

And we have absolutely zero reason to be the team to see if he can solve his problem....even with the Kapanen sweetener. Especially considering the "price" is a roster player.

I hope that Zaitsev finds his game....I hope somebody else benefits from that scenario.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
And we have absolutely zero reason to be the team to see if he can solve his problem....even with the Kapanen sweetener. Especially considering the "price" is a roster player.

I hope that Zaitsev finds his game....I hope somebody else benefits from that scenario.
Agreed, and while he's probably better than his last 2 seasons in Toronto, he's probably not as good as his first season there (4G-32A). He had 1 good season, 2 bad seasons...do you bank his good first season was the fluke, or his 2 bad seasons were the fluke? ...odds are against the good rookie season.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
My wife has been studying French on and off for years. We both got a kick out of that.

Going forward, I will only refer to them as offre hostile.

The next question I have is what the hell does it mean to "present" and offre hostile? Present it to whom? An offre hostile is a contract. Would you ever say that a team is going to "present a contract?" Does that mean they have targeted a RFA to whom they plan to extend an offre hostile? If so, who cares. The guy still has to sign it. Are they saying they have reason to believe an offre hostile will be signed by the player they are targeting? If so, then it gets interesting.

So, time to guess, I guess. Who are the Canadiens targeting with their offre hostile? My guess: Cedric Paquette.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

The next question I have is what the hell does it mean to "present" and offre hostile? Present it to whom? An offre hostile is a contract. Would you ever say that a team is going to "present a contract?" Does that mean they have targeted a RFA to whom they plan to extend an offre hostile? If so, who cares. The guy still has to sign it. Are they saying they have reason to believe an offre hostile will be signed by the player they are targeting? If so, then it gets interesting.

So, time to guess, I guess. Who are the Canadiens targeting with their offre hostile? My guess: Cedric Paquette.

Negotiation window, folks! Teams have been talking to players, but can't officially offer contracts until tomorrow. It means that the Habs have been talking to a RFA, and that RFA has said that they would welcome an offer sheet. They'll officially present a contract to a player who has already told them they'll sign it.

So, first offer sheet in about 20 years, interesting if it's somebody real.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The other day when I wandered into a thread on the Habs board, they were arguing over whether they should offer sheet Aho. I hope that's not who they're targeting but I wouldn't be shocked.

Reactions: TRG

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Doubt it. We're not cap strapped, so we'd just grit our teeth and match. The idea is to actually get a guy for your trouble.
I think most other fan bases are thinking a contract that is heavily front loaded and full of bonuses is something our cheap owner wouldn’t match even if we could easily fit the AAV under the cap.

I’m not sure they are wrong.

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I think most other fan bases are thinking a contract that is heavily front loaded and full of bonuses is something our cheap owner wouldn’t match even if we could easily fit the AAV under the cap.

I’m not sure they are wrong.

I guess we'll find out. But I seriously doubt it. You don't offer sheet unless you're pretty sure it's a lock, and Dundon is on record saying that Aho is the cornerstone of the franchise.

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014

Technically offre hostile is the certificate the offre hostiling team and the player use to officially inform the Prior team. The team who gets the player will afterwards "finalize" the SPC with the player.

CBA 10.3

(a) When a Restricted Free Agent receives an offer to sign an SPC from any Club (the "New Club") other than his Prior Club, which offer the Player desires to accept, he shall give to the Prior Club, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereto, a completed certificate substantially in the form of Exhibit 6 attached hereto (the "Offer Sheet"), signed by the Restricted Free Agent and the New Club, which shall contain the "Principal Terms" (as defined below) as well as all other terms of compensation of the New Club's offer.

Code:
EXHIBIT6

FORM OF  OFFER  SHEET

OFFER SHEET

Name  and Address of Player:

Name  and Address of Player's Certified Agent, if  any:

Prior Club:

New Club:

[New Club] hereby offers to enter into an NHL Standard Player's Contract ("SPC")
with Player containing the following Principal Terms:

1. Term  of SPC:

2. Signing, Reporting, or Roster Bonus (if any):

3. Paragraph 1 NHL Salary for each year of SPC: $

4. Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary, if any, for each year of SPC: $

Signature of Player 

Signature of [New Club] Executive
Print Name :
Title:

Date

cc:    Central Registry
         NHLPA
         [Prior  Club]

Logic kind of mandates that the Prior Team must already have had an unofficial chance to match the offer, and that they have chosen not to.

It's probably Pulju. Habs hoard Finns too.

Reactions: My Special Purpose

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Doubt it. We're not cap strapped, so we'd just grit our teeth and match. The idea is to actually get a guy for your trouble.
Yep. You gotta make it extraordinarily painful for the other team, or flat out impossible to match. And you have to not mind the other team's management and fans hating everything about your franchise from the darkest depths of their souls.

Which means they're targeting Toronto.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Technically offre hostile is the certificate the offre hostiling team and the player use to officially inform the Prior team. The team who gets the player will afterwards "finalize" the SPC with the player.

CBA 10.3

(a) When a Restricted Free Agent receives an offer to sign an SPC from any Club (the "New Club") other than his Prior Club, which offer the Player desires to accept, he shall give to the Prior Club, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereto, a completed certificate substantially in the form of Exhibit 6 attached hereto (the "Offer Sheet"), signed by the Restricted Free Agent and the New Club, which shall contain the "Principal Terms" (as defined below) as well as all other terms of compensation of the New Club's offer.

Code:
EXHIBIT6

FORM OF  OFFER  SHEET

OFFER SHEET

Name  and Address of Player:

Name  and Address of Player's Certified Agent, if  any:

Prior Club:

New Club:

[New Club] hereby offers to enter into an NHL Standard Player's Contract ("SPC") with Player containing the following Principal Terms:

1. Term  of SPC:

2. Signing, Reporting, or Roster Bonus (if any):

3. Paragraph 1 NHL Salary for each year of SPC: $

4. Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary, if any, for each year of SPC: $

Signature of Player 

Signature of [New Club] Executive
P Na me :
Title:

Date

cc:    Central Registry
         NHLPA
         [Prior  Club]

Logic kind of mandates that the Prior Team must already have had an unofficial chance to match the offer, and that they have chosen not to.

It's probably Pulju. Habs hoard Finns too.

If so, then the question is, do they let him go for the picks, or do they match for the purpose of trading him and choosing their return?

Lempo

Feb 23, 2014
If so, then the question is, do they let him go for the picks, or do they match for the purpose of trading him and choosing their return?
If they match, they can't trade him for one year from the date of matching onwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad