Offre hostile possibilities

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I think the GMs might not want to offer sheet Aho because I really don’t think Tom Dundon is the guy you want to **** with. He seems like the type to hold a lengthy grudge.

I think most teams don't offer sheet, because the goal is to get the player, not use it as a system to force others to overplay players and screw up eachothers cap situations.

Reactions: DaveG

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I don't think it has happened to this extent before but it makes sense from the perspective that they are all just waiting for the market to develop. I think once the first big RFA is signed the rest get done in quick succession.

Waddell essentially said as much at "State of the Canes" on Saturday. His sense is that none of these RFAs want to be the first to sign so it is a big multi-dimensional game of chicken right now. An offer sheet that's attractive enough to get considered would almost certainly be an over-payment. In reality, the player's agent would simply go to the current team first and share the details to help their cause....unless bridges have significantly been burned....and I don't believe that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad