Post-Game Talk: Officially the best season in franchise history! Panthers win their first ever Final game 3-2 over Vegas!

You know the poll

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Gavrikov back to LA. There's absolutely no one on the market this off-season. Marc Staal is coming back, isn't he?

KingCorcoran

May 15, 2023
Panthers has a good home record against Vegas. You are not in trouble until you loose on home ice. They haven't done so yet, so...I still think they can turn it around. Of course, being the worse ranked team, they can win at home all they want....still have to pick up a road win as well. ;) Obviously it's an uphill battle and I would very much have liked a 1-1 standing right now. It is what it is, just got to dig deep and battle for those wins. That is all I'm asking for. Never expected the team to be here. Vegas was always gonna be another very tough opponent. Panthers were riding on a high after their comeback against Bruins. That has been broken, but it's not impossible to start another streak in game 3. Let's go! :hit:
Any team that can beat the Boston Bruins in a seven game playoff can beat Vegas in a seven game playoff.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Which Vegas player will stab one of ours not get called and when one of our guys goes up and says something about it he will be banned from professional hockey for life?

Hopefully Montour will be like Bob was after his wife gave birth.

Mountour's sperm got through like he has let Vegas forwards free through the middle of the ice.

• Haha
Reactions: PSLguy

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Let’s just be honest Denver is a better team by far than any team in bb and Vegas is a better team loaded on all 4 lines plus depth. It took us to get to the finals both the Heat and the Panthers to finally meet our match. In the Panthers case the future looks brighter than the Heat.
Now that being said I have adjusted my expectations for these finals but I’m not ready to give up on the hope that our team takes advantage of home ice, gets lifted by home ice and finds a way to settle in and adjust to a crazy good team which Vegas has.
My delight would be at the very least win a game and scratch off the fact that we are winless now in 2 finals.

Can’t wait to just experience our home crowd our players talk all the time about how loud the building gets.
so let’s hope for the best but our future is bright we can take that to the bank. Good luck CATS.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO PANTHERS !

Reactions: Vilam and Panteras

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Either Vegas is an all-time great team or....

1686231381571.png

Point is, they've felt like a juggernaut the last couple games, but we can still get back into this. Starts tonight.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Either Vegas is an all-time great team or....

View attachment 716047

Point is, they've felt like a juggernaut the last couple games, but we can still get back into this. Starts tonight.

came here to post the story that was part of...

Why the Golden Knights’ luck has been unprecedented as they close in on a Stanley Cup

it's basically shooting % and if you look at what they're doing, they're getting to the middle easily for shots and screens. JAM or stone shooting unchallenged from 10-15ft is going to hit at over 10% even with no screen.

Maurice said we need to defend the rush but I think their exits and entries are the symptom. the problem is that our Fs are running all over the place in the OZ, losing "defensive side of the puck" discipline and making VGK's lives really easy.

imo, the real star of the show is VGK's 5-man DZ play and their ability to short-circuit the forecheck and quickly counter. I think that's what's leading to easy entries and extended possession time and is why they've been able to get better chances throughout the playoffs; that's why their shooting % is through the roof.

that's why I come back to the need to pull back a little bit. we absolutely must slow them down in the NZ to keep them off our D if we're to have any chance. that's gotta start in the OZ with good discipline, though. easier said than done but it should be possible without completely changing our approach.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
In 11 hours either the season will be over or we'll be celebrating the best season in team history, either way some closure tonight.

Deleted member 339259

Call me crazy, but in order to get Lomberg back to the 4th line, why not give Samoskevich the nod on the 3rd line. I know it's a tall ask for someone that just signed their entry level deal, but I think he would do a better job of helping create chances for Lundell and Reinhart than Lomberg has/will

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
All for trying someone new for the 3rd line.
But you know even if Mackie were to dress he would get 17 seconds of ice time

Reactions: iam76

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

saw Han's twitter post about PDOCast just after you posted this. just finished listening.

it's a great conversation, talking about causes and effects in all the zones through game 2. at the close, Han basically repeats what Maurice said yesterday, which is that we need to shutdown VGK's rush. easier said than done, of course. and they'll have to do that by pulling back the Fs a tad (maybe D too but that's something they debate on the show), which is what I've been saying.

that one change, could help dry up VGK's OZ middle chances. as Han points out, their speed has been really throwing off our DZ play and results in us not only being vulnerable off the rush but also out of position for subsequent plays. that's a big reason why VGK is getting these high quality shot chances.

I think that's the thing to look for. we need to keep the game close by cleaning that part up and avoiding stupid penalties. if we can do that, we may end up getting back to a forecheck later in the game if VGK has to push a little.

we have to hope we get some clutch finishing tonight, too. I agree with what Maurice said on the bench in game 2 - we're holding the puck a second too long, resulting in lots of blocks. shoot quickly and high, as hill is too big and strong down low and we've been burying pucks in his pads through the first two games.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Call me crazy, but in order to get Lomberg back to the 4th line, why not give Samoskevich the nod on the 3rd line. I know it's a tall ask for someone that just signed their entry level deal, but I think he would do a better job of helping create chances for Lundell and Reinhart than Lomberg has/will

You crazy and I would love that. Samo has better upside and that's what we need right now. Might also inject a different energy into the team and we need that right now. New story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad