Post-Game Talk: Officially the best season in franchise history! Panthers win their first ever Final game 3-2 over Vegas!

You know the poll

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don’t remember all the penalties but I thought the Staal, Duke, Ek and Lundy ones were legit. The Sasha, Gudas crosschecks and Gus trip were skinny.

If we could somehow now flip the special teams battle, that’d be great. Maybe that OT kill will flip the switch.

-ghoste

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don’t understand the few people here who criticize Barkov constantly for not scoring more. Would they rather that he was like Verhaeghe?

A singular focus on just the last shot of the puck that ends in the net, with no evaluation of what came before the shot, not just on that shift, but during the game, is shortsighted. And frankly, the wrong take.

Even on Tkachuk’s tying goal, Barkov is the guy who kept the puck alive along the boards. A super play to keep the puck in the zone. Barkov’s efforts like that are what allows possession to continue and therefore for guys like Tkachuk to not run around but go to the goal. Of course it’s not just Barkov who’s making good plays like that, but there’s a lead up that enables scorers to do what they’re best at.

Earlier in the game, Barkov found Duke alone in front, but Duke couldn’t finish. Barkov also fought through Piet’s check to create a bad-angle mini 2-on-1. People blame him for passing when Hill had the short side completely covered. Even Verhaeghe wouldn’t have scored from there. And I won’t even mention all the defensive plays. Also counted at least two occasions where Barkov fought off two Vegas guys who were holding way worse than the Ekblad penalty. No call.

Honestly, Barky gets no love here unless he scores. None of the other stuff seems to count. It’s baffling. But if he went down, the truth would come out, everyone would agree that we can’t win anymore.

If this was soccer, Barkov is like Messi or Zidane while Tkachuk is like Ronaldo or Mbappe. Fantastic to have BOTH on the team.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I don’t understand the few people here who criticize Barkov constantly for not scoring more. Would they rather that he was like Verhaeghe?

A singular focus on just the last shot of the puck that ends in the net, with no evaluation of what came before the shot, not just on that shift, but during the game, is shortsighted. And frankly, the wrong take.

Even on Tkachuk’s tying goal, Barkov is the guy who kept the puck alive along the boards. A super play to keep the puck in the zone. Barkov’s efforts like that are what allows possession to continue and therefore for guys like Tkachuk to not run around but go to the goal. Of course it’s not just Barkov who’s making good plays like that, but there’s a lead up that enables scorers to do what they’re best at.

Earlier in the game, Barkov found Duke alone in front, but Duke couldn’t finish. Barkov also fought through Piet’s check to create a bad-angle mini 2-on-1. People blame him for passing when Hill had the short side completely covered. Even Verhaeghe wouldn’t have scored from there. And I won’t even mention all the defensive plays. Also counted at least two occasions where Barkov fought off two Vegas guys who were holding way worse than the Ekblad penalty. No call.

Honestly, Barky gets no love here unless he scores. None of the other stuff seems to count. It’s baffling. But if he went down, the truth would come out, everyone would agree that we can’t win anymore.

If this was soccer, Barkov is like Messi or Zidane while Tkachuk is like Ronaldo or Mbappe. Fantastic to have BOTH on the team.

His game doesn't get a lot of notice or praise when watching the game live as it happens. I do wish he would shoot more when in a prime scoring opportunity instead of trying to make an extra play, even if it's a lower percentage play. That one pass to Reinhart (?) when Barkov was in front of the net is a good example. In hindsight, I would have preferred he try a backhand low and force a rebound for the other attacker to pounce on.

Reactions: Beezers Mask

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Really hope monty is ok. The play didn't look that bad but he looked uncomfortable after. If he's out....

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
If you're bored waiting for Saturday, highly recommend watching this episode of QFTSC.

The Bob and Horny relationship
Tkachuk teasing Lundell in dressing room and him not reacting, cool as a cucumber.
THIS team definitely BELIEVES!!

Like how it's not available in the US.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Getting 3 past Hill was huge. He's very beatable with the right kind of shots.

Still riding the high off of last night. I was only at the watch party outside the arena but the vibes were immaculate after the tying goal and then the winner. Folks were feeling pretty nervous before then.

Holy f*** what a season folks. Above everything else last night's win shows they can do it. Shows they can compete and beat this team.

It won't be easy but they now believe in themselves and that can do wonders. What a game.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Screenshot_20230609_092948_Instagram.jpg

There were two Chuck's in the house last night. That's why they won.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Getting 3 past Hill was huge. He's very beatable with the right kind of shots.

Still riding the high off of last night. I was only at the watch party outside the arena but the vibes were immaculate after the tying goal and then the winner. Folks were feeling pretty nervous before then.

Holy f*** what a season folks. Above everything else last night's win shows they can do it. Shows they can compete and beat this team.

It won't be easy but they now believe in themselves and that can do wonders. What a game.
Hill does not move/adjust well. I am not saying he is bad. But he is extremely beatable.

VGK is insulating him incredibly well. Cassidy and the players deserve huge credit.

That said, if we can keep the foot on the pedal, we could make a series out of this.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
In my opinion the single most important thing we had to do was match the Knights speed and we did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad