Post-Game Talk: Officially the best season in franchise history! Panthers win their first ever Final game 3-2 over Vegas!

You know the poll

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

Can't deny how resilient this team is.

A lot of similarities to the 03 might ducks. They were the 7th seed, we were 8th. The 7 straight overtime winners. Looking for their first Stanley cup. A fellow ‘93 expansion team. Lost the first two games on the road to jersey, won game 3 at home in overtime. Kariya getting nailed and coming back scoring a huge goal, also at home, but similar to tkachuk today (obviously nowhere as brutal, but kinda sorta similar). Giguere played out of his mind like bob (won the conn smythe on the losing team, that’s how great he was during that run). Did I miss anything? They managed to get it to 7 games, hopefully we’re fortunate enough to do the same

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Playing your Nintendo?
7B810091-4D46-4729-AB7A-DB2A8ED5F4CD.jpeg

Rompane

Jan 16, 2021
Chance is to win close home games and somehow win it in game 7 where everything is possible🫡

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
This team will be the death of me. I was about to write the ultimate rant about "How the hell did we manage to be in SC final? This looks like men against boys! You thought a second round sweep hurts after advancing to the second round for the first time in decades? How about getting swept in the SC finals... WE. DO. NOT. BELONG!"...

And now? We beat these MFs, and have the momentum on our side! The mental strength of this team is off the charts! VGK is so much better than us in every other aspect of the game. It is insane how our team manages to win games by sheer will.

I was so mad at all our prime horses - Verhaege had an awful game, Bennett, Barkov, MT completely invisible, Ek, Gus, Mahura not creating anything. And then here comes the Swagger. Can he please replace Bennett again on PP1 and we just let him blast away?

So awesome to be on this ride. And what I love the most about it: even when I am going insane and swearing in front of my kids because we play like a** most of the time, this team is the best teacher for them: NEVER GIVE UP! FIGHT UNTIL THE LAST SECOND! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Too few stupid penalties from us, not impressed. We tried so hard to lose the game by our own hand. Even played 6 men on the ice for a moment, but the refs just won't let us play the way we want...Next game: moooaaaaaaar penalties pleeeeaaaseee! Moooaaaaaaar unforced errors (mostly stupid passes and fancy moves inside our own blueline)!

(I know - the refs aren't really good overall, but still - we have to be more disciplined. I guess it won't change, but one can hope.)

I really can't wrap my head around this team. The cats tried their very best to end the season, then some guy named Matthew (hope he's not dying in the aftermath of the bodycheck) ties it for us late in the third and in the OT Verhaeghe had the good manners to show up and win the game for us. Good god. I love watching this team.

Bob and The Red Iron saved our asses, that's for sure.

I really liked what Sasha brought to the table in the neutral and offensive zone the first two games, but in this one he played close to terrible (71% at the dot is nice though). Not just 'cause the stupid penalty (a Barkov cross-checking penalty? Never heard of), but for me the issue this game was that the tenacity and puck-controlling part of the game along the boards was missing where you just by reading his body language that he wanted to be a game changer in any was possible. He provided that the last series and as I said the first two games in the finals. He has that in him, and I wasn't sure he had it prior the latter stages of this playoff.

Anyway. One should mention that he for sure could have had two assist. That really sweet pass across the zone during the PP to Bennett who fanned on it, and the nice play to Duclair in the first. He will always be that pass-first guy who from time to time drives you crazy, but now is the time he needs to score. Next game. Barkov should have just bulled the puck into the goal when he outmuscled Pietro and created that 2 on 1.

What happens now? Who knows. I on my part will sacrifice something sufficent to Lilith.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
That is the first Win, not pretty but we Battle trough and we take the Win. That is all it takes.
But when im watching Vegas there are small Detail what are really impressive.

In the 2nd Lundell had the puck behind the Vegas Net 3 or 4 Players on the Way on him. Lundell was saw it and wanted to pass the Puck around. I think it was Pietrangelo or Martinez who already anticipate what Lundell was doing. He skated behind his own net and cut off the Pass.
Those playes are small Detail, what showed you on what kind of level this Hockey Game is.

On the other Side, sometimes Vegas only shoot the Puck in while the end of the Puck is to 95% on the opposite Side the Puck get shooted in. It looked like our player surprised by the Speed or the Way the Puck moves.

I take this Win, big for the Franchise, big for the Series, big for the Team, big Balls could have now. 3 more to go. Saturday tieing Series would be really Big. We have to Battle trough like today.

As im a realistic Man when it comes to Hockey, the better and cleaner Hockey plays Vegas.
Another example, Duclair, verhaege, Barkov. The dump or skated the Puck in then short pass infront the Net and then it looks a lot of Times like Slapstick. No one has the Puck, no one knows where the Puck goes and so looks the whole scenario.
On the other Side Vegas, in this Game again was atleast 6 or 7 Times alone infront the Goalie. Thing sayed.

Positive thing, what caught Vegas offguard as it looked. Back to the speed Game rush Game with all the risky Side it had. And no matter how Vegas preformed on the Ice, we won the Game.
Bob was in another Brilliant Game.
Who was also in a Way great was Lundell, i thought his Game was really good and the Line movement looks a better, for what you can adjust in a few Days.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a heartbeat!

Desperately needed win. If Bob is back in superhuman shape, that'd help a lot. Fingers crossed the boys are healthy-ish enough on Saturday. Special teams are still shit and I don't expect them to get much better. The lack of depth is a big problem.

It'd be a tough uphill battle. Hopefully they can get some momentum out of this win.

Honestly I don't see us pulling it off but man, it would be so awesome if they did. Either way, they've salvaged this season from a disaster to the best season in team history. Even if Vegas ultimately wins, they've got a lot to be proud of.

But if Bob could stand on his head for 3-4 more games and we got a few bounces... man.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Is Barkov doing some heavy lifting defensively? So surprised to see him so low in the playoff scoring chart. Glad Matthew is picking up the slack, big time!

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
A lot of similarities to the 03 might ducks. They were the 7th seed, we were 8th. The 7 straight overtime winners. Looking for their first Stanley cup. A fellow ‘93 expansion team. Lost the first two games on the road to jersey, won game 3 at home in overtime. Kariya getting nailed and coming back scoring a huge goal, also at home, but similar to tkachuk today (obviously nowhere as brutal, but kinda sorta similar). Giguere played out of his mind like bob (won the conn smythe on the losing team, that’s how great he was during that run). Did I miss anything? They managed to get it to 7 games, hopefully we’re fortunate enough to do the same

I was a Mighty Ducks fan at the time and remember that run very well. I do see many many similarities

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I don't think this team's performance in game 1 and game 3 were quite as bad as the rest of you, I guess. Game 2 was a complete meltdown obviously, but as I argued to people going bananas about it, it's only one game and the score doesn't roll over like cell phone minutes.

If Nick Cousins puts absolutely any amount of mustard -- ANY AT ALL -- on a puck going into an empty net, the series could very well be 2-1 the other way right now.

Paul Maurice was correct that the Panthers needed to stop trying to prove they could be as physical as Vegas or trying to play a wide open game and just do what got them here against Boston, Toronto, Carolina. Win game 4 and you got a real chance.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Did anybody see Gretzky steal Biz’s soul on the post game last night? Biz was talking about how Cassidy is going to look at the stats and that Vegas dominated and Gretzky put his hand on his shoulder and goes “Biz, stats are for losers”. Biz just deflated. :laugh:
Biz also wrote down that Florida was going to win 3 - 2.
Maybe he is seeing the light?

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

Luckily we get to go up against Hill instead of Brodeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad