Official Training Camp Roster Talk - Part II (The Final Stretch)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Cracknell and Biega go down and that leaves us with 24. If Higgins is an LTIR option then either Horvat or Hutton can be placed in the minors to declare a roster and then brought back up after LTIR is declared.

:handclap: Spot on.

e/ he posted that a few hours ago.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
K this makes sense. Demote the three non waiver Utica bodies. So who's left as 13thf 7thd? Vey, ltir Higgins, corrado? What about Hutton recall? Are we over the roster limit? Ugh confused.

24 players, 23 once they LTIR Higgins.

14 forwards + 8 D-men + 2 goalies.

Sedin
Sedin
Vrbata
Burrows
Sutter
Dorsett
Prust
Vey
Hansen
Higgins
Horvat
Virtanen
Baertschi
McCann

Edler
Tanev
Hamhuis
Weber
Hutton
Bartkowski
Corrado
Sbisa

Miller
Markstrom

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
So providing McCann and Virtanen play the first 9 games without press box visits they will be playing

Flames
Flames
Ducks
Kings
Blues
Oilers
Capitals
Red Wings
Canadiens

Looks like a fairly hard schedule, I know we usually do well against the east but the Kings, Ducks and to some extent Flames should be the litmus test......racking up points against the Oilers and eastern teams while getting dominated by the West should be a factor which I believe it will be

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If Vey makes the team, how do they possibly even defend it. He has gotten outplayed the entire preseason.

Rosko Thorn

Jul 4, 2009
Sudbury, ON
I hope they've given up on Vey and are just trying to find a trade before they waive him.

If he ended up in Utica though it would be a nice boost for the comets.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Please demote Vey.

I've never seen a more undeserving player in my life.

Can't believe Vey is going to make this team.

He didn't really make the team, more like he fell into it ass backwards.

Management was just afraid of waivers and/or the trade looking bad.

If he's in the opening lineup over McCann something is terribly wrong, although if they are keeping McCann up Vey must be the scratch.

The Stig

Rest In Peace Johnny Gaudreau
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I have never in my life, seen so many people upset to have a G10 A14 PTS24 sophomore center on their forth line/13th forward.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I have never in my life, have I seen so many people upset to have a G10 A14 PTS24 sophomore center on their forth line/13th forward.

Stig, you have to admit that Vey should not be in the opening roster if you look at how he preformed in pre-season and the second half of last season.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Opening night? God no. 13th forward that gets in there every now and then? Sure.

I'd actually prefer if they waive vey TBH.

Utica needs a center. Vey puts up respectable numbers in the AHL.

Plus if he is ever going to develop into a NHLer he needs to get icetime. With no re entry waivers it might be the best thing for the Utica and Vancouver.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Methinks this is all waiver posturing. Right down to Gaunce being demoted, IMO. I have a hunch that if/when Higgins goes on the LTIR, that he'll be back up.

Also get the sense that if Vey, Cracknell and Corrado are to be waived, that the Canucks will try to time it on a busy waiver day to mitigate the risk of losing them. All three would be huge boons to Utica.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I just want McCann, Hutton, Virtanen to make the team. tis all I ask.

I would prefer Biega over Corrado but don't want to lose Corrado for nothing...

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Crap, I was hoping Vey would be put on waivers and some team would miraculously claim him

Why would you want that
Last year was his rookie season, and though he was spoonfed prime opportunities, he was still fairly decent
It's not like he has a 3m contract

No idea why you'd want him to be claimed off waivers :help:

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
i'd much rather vey sits out games in the press box than gaunce. they're both perfect 13th men, adept at wing and center, but gaunce doesn't deserve his NHL entry to be watching from the rafters

edit: and hell, maybe vey will split games with prusty. could be worse!

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
So Vey is this years whipping boy... Got it! Let's wait until the regular seasons starts at least, a good portion of the team has been awful in preseason. I'm not a big Vey supporter, but heck, this is a bit much.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Possible reasons why Adam Cracknell might beat out Jarred McCann for 4th line C

Possible reasons why Adam Cracknell might beat out Jarred McCann for 4th line C

Although I hope McCann wins the 4th line Center spot, I wouldn't rule out Adam Cracknell just yet. Here is why:

1) Potential: Cracknell obviously is "what you see is what you get" at this point, whereas McCann has serious Top 6 potential. However - given the way Benning/WD has structured the 4th line (i.e. A commitment to having two policeman/vets on the wings as opposed to young emerging prospects), one has to wonder:

"Will Jarred McCann be better served making the big club and playing between two plugs in Dorsett and Prust (along with maybe two minutes of 2nd line PP duty), OR, will McCann be better served by going back to Juniors, getting tons of ice-time, and playing in what should be a dominant Top 6 role?"

2) Linden and Benning's old school philosophy. For better or for worse, I think Linden and Benning love the idea of a 4th line consisting of veteran "tough" guys that can play the game of hockey to a certain extent. In Linden's case, he might have fond memories of 1994 where Antoski-McIntyre-Hunter policed the team and made sure that no one even sneezed in the directions of Bure, Ronning, Linden, etc.

The way WD/Benning seem to be structuring their lines, it seems like each line will have a distinct identity:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata = solid scoring line
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen = wildcard kid line
Burrows-Sutter-Hansen = solid shut down line
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett = enforcer line with some hockey skill.

However - if you put Vey or McCann between Prust and Dorsett, what purpose does that line serve? McCann will basically be a one man show trying to generate offense with those two slugs.

I hope McCann makes the team, but I won't be surprised if McCann gets sent back to Juniors after getting in his 9 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad