Official Trade Speculation/Proposal Thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
for who? why would they trade for him if they feel they are the favorite to land him in FA...

I don't see them giving up anything usesul for him and I want no part of Heatley

To add to that i think Jason Zucker will be the biggest piece coming back, along with a 2nd and a lower level prospect. Not what most are hoping for...

They could really use the offense at the moment and they plan to resign him. All top six forward slots are filled making a guy like Zucker expendable to get Vanek early.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
This is more fan speak than what organizations normally do. The 2015 Draft is a long time away and a lot can change during that time. I'm sick of the McDavid talk, he's not the messiah.

Even if we have the 9th pick, we keep it. We're trying to improve now and some mythical 2015 draft pick isn't going to help that.

So lets trade vanek and Amac and our '14 first round for 3 players to help us now. Preferably a goalie, winger and D-man. Picking 9th in 2015, won't help us for another few years.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
If vanek goes to the wild I would take heatley back as long as a 2014 and 2015 1st round picks coming back along with Dumba. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

If we trade Vanek to the wild I hope Snow stays far away from Dumba. His name pretty much sums up the way he plays hockey. He is not a smart player at all, really don't think he will ever be an impact player.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Anyone thinking we could pry away Adam Erne and a 2nd/3rd in this years for AMac? Sounds like Tampa is on the lookout for defense help.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Anyone thinking we could pry away Adam Erne and a 2nd/3rd in this years for AMac? Sounds like Tampa is on the lookout for defense help.

imo Tampa wouldnt give Erne straight up for AMAC...

If that was a serious offer, I would take it and run...

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
imo Tampa wouldnt give Erne straight up for AMAC...

If that was a serious offer, I would take it and run...

I haven't seen anything reported, but if AMac is really regarded as high as commanding a 1st round pick, Erne was a high 2nd plus Tampa has alot of talent in the forward position reportedly ahead of him. They are fighting to finish no worse than 2nd in the East and with Stamkos coming back and Bishop having some time to rest, they could be looking for a deep run this year.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Vanek and a pick to LA for Pearson, Vey and a first
Vanek and a pick to Detroit for Pulkkinen, Jurco and a first
AMac to TB for Connoly
AMac to Pit for Despres
Vis and Nabby to ANA for Anderson and Etem
In reality Snow will probably just get a couple of picks but these are my guesses and hopes!

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Vanek and a pick to LA for Pearson, Vey and a first
Vanek and a pick to Detroit for Pulkkinen, Jurco and a first
AMac to TB for Connoly
AMac to Pit for Despres
Vis and Nabby to ANA for Anderson and Etem
In reality Snow will probably just get a couple of picks but these are my guesses and hopes!

That ANA trade will never happen. Neither will AMac for Despres. I'm hoping for that Vanek to LA trade though, that seems realistic.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Vanek to Anahiem for Ottawa`s 1st, Anahiems 1st and Noesen
Vanek to San Jose for Nieto and a 1st, mediocre prospect
Vanek to Pittsburg for Despres a 1st and a 2nd in 2015
Vanek to Boston, a 1st ,2nd and Mcquaid
Vanek to Philly for a 1st, Read and Gustafson (draft in philly this year so I doubt it)
Vanek to kings for Muzzin, Pearson and a 2nd
Vanek to Phoenix for a 1st, Lessio and Murphy (or Gormley and Lessio, PIPE DREAM HERE)

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Vanek to Ducks for Silfverberg & Noesen
Vanek to Blues for Jaskin, Lundstrom & 1st
Vanek to LA for Pearson, Fasching & 1st
Vanek to Sharks for Nieto, Tarasov & 1st

AMac & 3rd to Boston for Subban
AMac to any team for a 1st

Due to the high competition for both Vanek & AMac, there is no reason why we can't walk away from the trade deadline with two very good trades completed and some valuable assets being added to the Islanders.

Boston are very keen on finding a top 4 minute muncher so if I were Garth Snow I'd be willing to offer a draft pick with AMac to bring Malcolm Subban to the Islanders. Boston has Rask locked up on huge money long term so they might be willing to trade Subban for the right price. Subban looks like a franchise goalie in waiting. It would allow us to sign an UFA this summer like Hiller and let Subban develop behind him with a view of taking over down the road.

As a side note, I believe we might see Vanek back with the Islanders in the summer. We have cap space we have to spend and after Vanek sees what is in the market, I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned with the Islanders on a bumper 7 year deal.

Oct 15, 2008
Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Darnell Nurse for Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome.

Oilers retain half of Gagner's salary.

Do you do this?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Jordan Eberle, Sam Gagner, Darnell Nurse for Griffin Reinhart, Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome.

Do you do this?

No thanks. Only Oiler of interest would be Ebs and I do not see Snow overpaying for him with Nelson/Strome projected to be top 6 forward.
.I have never been a big Gagner fan. He isa 40-45 pt smallish center.
Isles already have that in Frans. Gagner is too weak defensive/physically to add much on the wing.

I would rather have Reinhart then Nurse.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

The prospect to keep an eye on is Brett Connolly.

Former 6th overall pick who has struggled and been passed on the depth chart. We all know Snow loves his reclamation projects.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Do you do this?

No.

If I'm looking from Snow's viewpoint, I think he thinks Strome can become just as good as, if not better than Gagner, and Reinhart's defensive prowess fits the needs of the Islanders blueline more than Nurse's and he is closer to NHL ready.

The real kicker here is Pulock for Eberle which clearly favors the Isles here, but I just don't see Snow giving up three of his best prospects unless a stud defenseman (Like I'm talking PK Subban), is coming back the other way.

This is no knock on Eberle, but we already have Okposo on our top line and the organizations' glaring needs are good defensemen and goaltending.

Again, this is what I think Snow would think of this proposal, not my personal opinion, although I'm not a fan of it myself anyway.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
What sort of prospect do you think we should expect to get from trading vanek?

A level (top 20 prospect)
B level (top 50 prospect)
C level (honorable mention)

If i'm garth i hold out for top 20 guy, even if it means not getting another asset with it.
we have too many guys as it is, we need high end talent, not volume imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad