Official Tank Thread of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Arizona might not be as bad as some think.

Mike Smith might rebound, and Domi/Duclair add a lot of skill that was primarily missing from that team, into their top 6.

Domi made a beautiful play to Ekman-Larsson to put them up 2-0.

I don't know. I think they are the surprise team. Not sure if they'll be in the playoffs, but saying we are better then them, likely won't be true.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I never left the tank. Will ride it for 2 more years. I think the Arizona scoreboard watching this early is a little extreme though.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I don't even get why people want this team to succeed. Literally all I care about is Holland, Kadri, Gardiner, Rielly + Harrington and maybe JVR/Bernier. The rest can **** off and be horrible.

Why should I care about a bunch of 1 year rejects? Go tank nation go out and draft a player I can give a half **** about.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Arizona might not be as bad as some think.

Mike Smith might rebound, and Domi/Duclair add a lot of skill that was primarily missing from that team, into their top 6.

Domi made a beautiful play to Ekman-Larsson to put them up 2-0.

I don't know. I think they are the surprise team. Not sure if they'll be in the playoffs, but saying we are better then them, likely won't be true.

I think Arizona is actually better defensively than we are. The also have a current legit no. 1 D.
Max Doni 1st goal. 3-0 Coyotes.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
seasons over already...cant wait to see nylander, marner, brown, and hyman on team next year

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
and Max Domi with his 1st.

I'm telling ya, they had the defensive guys established, they have a solid D-core, and now they placed a bunch of skill into the lineup.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
the game threads, post game threads, nazem 1st line C thread, goalie thread, all of them, they all tank threads, every thread is a tank thread

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I never left the tank. Will ride it for 2 more years. I think the Arizona scoreboard watching this early is a little extreme though.

Yeah, it will take at least 15-20 games before the usual suspects are found at the top, middle and bottom of the standings. It's still nice to watch some hockey and see if there is anyone worse than us.

Right now, aside from NJ, I can't think of a team as bad as us and they have Schneider who will definitely keep them away from the 29th/30th spots.

IMO, bottom 5 is already a lock looking at the composition of our roster barring serious injuries to teams we're in running with, what remains TBD is if we can sink further and how the lottery balls play out.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Honestly, we all know this team is gonna be bad but all I'm hoping for is a year that develops rielly, gardiner, and kadri and trade players to allow us to go nuts at the draft.

I can handle the losing, but I can't just watch my favourite team play this bad. The game against detroit tonight almost made me feel sick after the Jays game earlier

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't think it's too early personally.

This season full cast offs, pto's and our losing core has to be for something.

I won't post in this thread until say, Christmas but is it too early for this? I'm going to say no.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
We're on quite a roll right now.

A good loss against Montreal followed by an amazing performance by everyone tonight in Detroit.

Standings will fluctuate quite a bit early on but it's safe to say that the Leafs will be lucky to win 25 games this year and with the added 3 on 3 OT likely in our favor as well, we won't be picking up many shootout wins because of bozos like Bozak.

So after two games you can project how the next 80 will play out?

Auston Matthews...we're coming for you.

You've heard of the lottery right?

MrDiddlez

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto
Best case scenario is to draft Matthews. Then next year we have a core of Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Brown, Kapanen, Rielly, Stamkos, Kadri, whichever goalie fans aren't mad at that week.

Admiring Myself

Jul 21, 2015
my lifetime of toronto related sports pessimism says to assume the leafs will finish last and draft fourth but can't help but hope. same time look at our forward corp and can't come up with a team worse off (not including prospects) so hopefully.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
So yeah, I'm all for Matthews and all, but isn't this just a bit early?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So after two games you can project how the next 80 will play out?

You've heard of the lottery right?

I'm quoting myself:

IMO, bottom 5 is already a lock looking at the composition of our roster barring serious injuries to teams we're in running with, what remains TBD is if we can sink further and how the lottery balls play out.

Please read the entire thread not just the first post. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad