OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I just turned it on while I was making cookies. Didn’t expect to hear Mike McCarthy screaming about how much Lucic sucks and is a waste of space.
its all bullshit. Even Felger didn’t have a problem with it if they didn’t overpay. Monday, he’ll have a rant. It’s all ratings. Jones is the same. Ratings on negativity.

Reactions: Alicat

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Bruins development camp, NHL offseason - 2 p.m. Thursday, 07.06.23​

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
They are losing share with the younger generation to the Barstool/podcast crowd, and adding McAfee and keeping the likes of SVP and Stephen A is their last gasp in trying to stay relevant. They are the poster child for being "stuck in the middle" on the Journalism-------Entertainment spectrum. They are like a mediocre grocery store chain that can't compete with the Wal-Mart/Costco's on price, and can't compete with the higher end grocers on amenities. Simply put, there are a ton of other players out there who kick their ass from a journalism perspective, and there are simply too many good podcasts out there that kick their ass from an entertainment perspective as well.

I can honestly say I gave up on ESPN radio years ago, and the only thing I watch on ESPN television are actual sporting events and occasionally Scott Van Pelt's Sportcenter. I used to watch Pardon the Interruption from time to time, but even that show has run its course.

The rest of their content is completely pointless.
Used to watch PTI and ATH religiously then both got bland.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
In nothing. Haven’t watched ESPN in over ten years unless my football team is in. They are part if the problem in today’s society. Always have been.

I always hated ESPN for several reasons.

You can start with the fact that whether televising the games or not, they don't give a crap about hockey or the NHL, never have, never will.

Move along to their penny pinching ways -- well before Disney entered the picture -- and the exclamation point is Chris Berman.

'Nuff said.

• Haha
Reactions: quietbruinfan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I am not saying he is bad. Just wondering why some care about his opinion with things.

I will tune in from time to time. It is funny to listen to.
Ya I said it last year too iirc I throw it on and see if his negative take coincides with my thoughts and how it contrasts and compares to the general feeling of the Bruins board here.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Didn’t expect to hear Mike McCarthy screaming about how much Lucic sucks and is a waste of space.
I'm the biggest Cowboys fan here but that big goof shouldn't be giving out any opinions on hockey. :thumbd:

Used to watch PTI and ATH religiously then both got bland.
I still watch PTI every day that TSN airs it just to see how many times Wilbon can mention Jordan, the Cubs or the Suns during each show. :thumbd:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well he is sorta the King of his job. Top rated radio show, has the TV show at night. Love him or hate him, sports fans want the content.
His unique ability is to get people annoyed enough to call him up to tell him why he's an idiot. And everyone knows that he's doing schtick, yet they still take the cheese. It's mesmerizing to watch/listen to. I also love how he promotes the underdog opinion on the teams here, instead of the usual ball washing. Being honest and truthful isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Babajingo

I'm the biggest Cowboys fan here but that big goof shouldn't be giving out any opinions on hockey. :thumbd:

I still watch PTI every day that TSN airs it just to see how many times Wilbon can mention Jordan, the Cubs or the Suns during each show. :thumbd:
Its funny, I used to watch those shows over 15 years ago just to see if they could go a whole show without mentioning Jordan (never did). Yes i have no life.
Do they still have the Sports Reporters on Sunday morning? Loved that show when Schapps father hosted it.
Now, every now and then, I listen to the local sports radio just to see if they can make it a whole session without mentioning Brady. (never do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad