OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Bill Reynolds wrote a pretty good book on the 67 Sox, which I think was a pulling together of his game reports. Of course, I cannot remember the title to recommend it. He actually wrote three. The one I am thinking of is The Impossible Dream Season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Bill Reynolds wrote a pretty good book on the 67 Sox, which I think was a pulling together of his game reports. Of course, I cannot remember the title to recommend it.
lost-summer.jpg

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Bruins/NHL offseason - Noon Thursday, 07.20.23​

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
To anyone in need of confirmation about their commitment to their schtick...

Felger and 98.5's take on Bergeron retiring is that he's always been overrated.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
To anyone in need of confirmation about their commitment to their schtick...

Felger and 98.5's take on Bergeron retiring is that he's always been overrated.
I tuned in at one point and heard him say that when a caller said they would take Bergeron over Crosby. So in that context it is overrating Bergeron. I didn't hear the rest of the show to see where else he went with that point though

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I tuned in at one point and heard him say that when a caller said they would take Bergeron over Crosby. So in that context it is overrating Bergeron. I didn't hear the rest of the show to see where else he went with that point though
Pretty much off & on every time they talked about it(Bergeron.)"Every year there was always someone better." Not totally in the wrong but typical.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Felgers line is definitely that he is overrated cuz “he was never the best center in the league”. Thats true….but I don’t know if anybody ever said he was…..which makes the “overrated” claim stupid.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Patrice Bergeron and Bruins offseason - 8 a.m. Thursday, 07.27.23​

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Felger junior over at WEEI, in the afternoon is the same.

Last edited:

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Will Wallach get Gormans gig or will the fact that he is a third wheel punching bag and the butt of all of Fred’s jealous jokes keep him out of the seat?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Will Wallach get Gormans gig or will the fact that he is a third wheel punching bag and the butt of all of Fred’s jealous jokes keep him out of the seat?
The logical move would be Grande taking the TV job and Wallach on the radio.

However, Grande has commitments elsewhere and misses games, hence Wallach doing more fill in work than in previous years.

I like Ted Johnson on the radio and loved him as a player. However, they can’t have him doing the headlines. It’s painful to listen to him stumble through the read.

Heard a little bit of this new guy, Battle, on Felger and Mazz this afternoon.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

fr0mzer0

Jan 12, 2008
RI
I like Ted Johnson on the radio and loved him as a player. However, they can’t have him doing the headlines. It’s painful to listen to him stumble through the read.

I caught part of his headlines today, and it was so uncomfortable, I shut it off. He's great overall on the radio, and can hold a full segment, but trying to get him to do any sort of timed read is like getting cats to walk in a line.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Reactions: GordonHowe

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's kinda incredible how long Wallach has lasted in this industry in the role he's been in at both stations. Kinda reminds me of Jon Meterparel. If Grande does go to TV (he used to do college hockey on TV) it will be interesting to see if they open up the search for the radio side or if the people in charge have heard enough to know Wallach can do the job well. Would probably be dirt cheap anyway, far cheaper than whatever Grande has to be making.

Reactions: smithformeragent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad