OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How the hell is Thin Skins on that committee to pick the all Bruins team?!?! What an absolute clown show of a reporter he is. What a fraud.

It is either flat out stupidity or flat out lazy.

My vote on my opinion is

Yes
He admitted his error so that should be the end of it.

A couple of weeks ago Cassidy did a lengthy Zoom interview with Murphy so......

Believe me, there are others on that committee that make no sense at all.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

All these years I blamed Haywood Sullivan for losing Lynn, Fisk and Burleson..... but it was Jean Yawkey who made the call.......

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Krejci, Bruins and NHL offseason - 9 a.m. Thursday, 08.17.23​

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@Fenway immortalized.

IMG_0953.jpeg

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Not sure if that has been posted before but I'm pretty sure this is 'Tommy in Lynn' from F&M:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Bruins/NHL offseason - 11 a.m. Thursday, 08.24.23​

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Donnelly on Bruins/NHL offseason - 2 p.m. Thursday, 08.31.23​

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
985 with a pretty steep decline once the Bruins and Celtics lost. WEEI actually grew slightly over that time since they have the Sox, but even 985's lulls are higher than WEEI's highs nowadays.

Tends to happen when the team that was the talk of the town for two decades plus isn't a consistent contender anymore and the other three major sports teams are down on top of it. It's times like this where I wish sports radio was like what it used to be, with dedicated shows to talk about non major 4 sports leagues and speculate nonstop. I would love to hear some talk about boxing, soccer, or golf. Hell some shows that even cover emerging sports like rugby. A sport in which New England now has a championship team. Or even, and this is a crazy thought, air games for non major four sports leagues (plus MLS) on the radio?

I'm not going to even pretend to know who that is. Is he important at all?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure if that has been posted before but I'm pretty sure this is 'Tommy in Lynn' from F&M:

Jimmy Murphy picking All Time Bruins team and Tommy from Lynn with a podcast

Outstanding

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

McDonough was fantastic on WEEI Jimmy Fund drop in

I’m not sure if he drinks anymore but I been out with him back in the day with my college roommate and his friends from Hingham and Sean is even better unplugged.

He’s got stories that I’m doubting anyone could touch and that’s not even getting to sports

Reactions: rfournier103

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
McDonough was fantastic on WEEI Jimmy Fund drop in

I’m not sure if he drinks anymore but I been out with him back in the day with my college roommate and his friends from Hingham and Sean is even better unplugged.

He’s got stories that I’m doubting anyone could touch and that’s not even getting to sports

@DKH - 25 years ago Sean could be a handful at closing time :lol:

Interesting comment he made about Doc Emrick - He said Doc had a phrase 'IT DIDN'T GO' which he would use if he wasn't sure what happened and I need a phrase like that. Announce booths in the NHL are far from the ice in the new buildings and that is the main reason Fred Cusick walked away from the Bruins but continued to work AHL games in Lowell and Manchester.

When Sean first started at TV38 he was doing DOG RACING

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
@DKH - 25 years ago Sean could be a handful at closing time :lol:

Interesting comment he made about Doc Emrick - He said Doc had a phrase 'IT DIDN'T GO' which he would use if he wasn't sure what happened and I need a phrase like that. Announce booths in the NHL are far from the ice in the new buildings and that is the main reason Fred Cusick walked away from the Bruins but continued to work AHL games in Lowell and Manchester.

When Sean first started at TV38 he was doing DOG RACING

Fred Cusick doing a game from Montreal on a Saturday night in the 1970’s will never be replicated for entertainment.

I’m a Doc guy and he would come over to our foursome in loge 7 corner at old Garden in the 80’s? We were in our early mid 20’s and Doc was with the Flyers and looked 15 if you can believe it

I had no idea who he was beyond the broadcaster but he was affable and loved to chat - had I known his love for the 60-70 Pirates we would be texting today - I loved those Pirates as well.

so glad he called the 2011 Cup - some think he’s corny and aren’t fans but after Dan Kelly he’s up there

Gary Thorne was great as well and the late Tom Meese (Sp)

As for Sean one night me and my college roomie (still goes to 3-5 Bruins games with me) and friend of Sean went out with Sean & Lisa Guerrero (they were both living at Marina Bay in Quincy I believe) Lisa & my friend were yapping away and Sean and myself talked sports and stories for hours/ it was Nirvana…..he had great stories even back 30 years ago

My father also knew Wil a bit and at the old Garden even cruising through the lobby if I saw Will he would shoot the shit and talk like he grew up with you

One of my other college roommates and all around athlete also a Hingham kid friends with the McDonagh’s told me ‘just don’t play a serious game of tennis with Will’ lol

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad