OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
"Toucher and Rich was No. 1 program in morning drive (6-10) during the summer ratings period in the men 25-54 demographic, finishing with a 15.3 share, with WEEI’s “The Greg Hill Show” second at 11.6. That’s actually closer than any sports show in their time period has been to them in years, but its still a notable lead."

Greg Hill coming for that ass

So Rich doesn’t have an extension yet so he runs into his bedroom having a hissy fit and locks the door by changing the social media accounts.
The way I am interpreting this is that maybe he is not pursuing a contract extension because he's had enough of Fred. We shall see. I can't really understand why the station would hitch their wagon to completely unstable Fred and then not want to keep Rich with him.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
"Toucher and Rich was No. 1 program in morning drive (6-10) during the summer ratings period in the men 25-54 demographic, finishing with a 15.3 share, with WEEI’s “The Greg Hill Show” second at 11.6. That’s actually closer than any sports show in their time period has been to them in years, but its still a notable lead."

The way I am interpreting this is that maybe he is not pursuing a contract extension because he's had enough of Fred. We shall see. I can't really understand why the station would hitch their wagon to completely unstable Fred and then not want to keep Rich with him.
Well Fred and Wallach have actually been stable for awhile now. It used to be 50/50 if Fred would show up or Wallach was traveling for the C's. Rich is likely pissed at Beasley more than Fred. He is paying Lockhart's salary out his pocket from the last Beasley layoff and likely wants that rectified.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I did not see 98.5 keeping Fred over Rich as ever being a possibility.

This has huge potential to backfire if Fred has another breakdown or relapse and they're stuck with Wallach and Ryan Johnson in the morning.

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Rich had better not take tomorrow off.

We need answers.
I have a feeling it's setting up for a Rich day off tomorrow

This whole thing has the feel of Toucher having an in with somebody in management. I personally don't think he brings anything to the table. He has rabbit ears and always wants to talk about how his life sucks. He's the human version of Eeyore. He lives for the conflicts and drama and when it happens it's not entertaining in the least.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I have a feeling it's setting up for a Rich day off tomorrow

This whole thing has the feel of Toucher having an in with somebody in management. I personally don't think he brings anything to the table. He has rabbit ears and always wants to talk about how his life sucks. He's the human version of Eeyore. He lives for the conflicts and drama and when it happens it's not entertaining in the least.
Agreed on all counts.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Fred won’t last w/o Rich. No sport knowledge and cry’s if anyone questions his takes. MB Rich just done with it all and has another gig set up. Fred is horrible. Really had hoped he would be gone.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

No one will switch to Greg Hill. I have that show a long chance. Then you realize you will lose IQ points every day.
I haven’t listened to that show since April.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I flip between NHL Network, MLB Network, and NFL Network radio on the drive in.

Afternoons, I split between Felger and Mazz and EWTN.

The opening segment of T&R is always nonsense. I happened to throw on the 2nd segment today and they were discussing the Bruins, but it was obviously not a high level intellectual hockey conversation.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Sure seems like Rich told them to pound sand. He does all the work for the show and pats Lockhart out of his own pocket.

I can’t believe they re-signed Fred after all of the BS he’s pulled. He’s a very good “radio guy” but just seems like a bully.

I really hope this doesn’t become Fred and Wallach. Wallach seems like a great guy but man is he awful when he gets elevated. Always talking over and interrupting guests.

The one hope I have is Hardy gets a pay raise and promotion to the second seat. Fred and Hardy would be the best option by far but that would absolutely murder Zo and Beetle as Hardy carries that show imo.

It’s a nightmare situation for the station.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sure seems like Rich told them to pound sand. He does all the work for the show and pats Lockhart out of his own pocket.

I can’t believe they re-signed Fred after all of the BS he’s pulled. He’s a very good “radio guy” but just seems like a bully.

I really hope this doesn’t become Fred and Wallach. Wallach seems like a great guy but man is he awful when he gets elevated. Always talking over and interrupting guests.

The one hope I have is Hardy gets a pay raise and promotion to the second seat. Fred and Hardy would be the best option by far but that would absolutely murder Zo and Beetle as Hardy carries that show imo.

It’s a nightmare situation for the station.
If Rich walks, they lose Lockhart too. Then The show has no producer and no pretapes (I believe rich does editing for like all the clips they play). There are a lot of dominos that are going to fall at that station if that happens since they can pull Hardy but that exposes Bertrand on mid-day, etc.

I could see Rich going back to Atlanta but I think his wife has a lot invested in Boston so they may stay, and then does WEEI make a desperate effort to bring him as competition, or does he just go to a rock station to do mornings?

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1698283442142.png

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
No one will switch to Greg Hill. I have that show a long chance. Then you realize you will lose IQ points every day.
I haven’t listened to that show since April.
So I do put on Toucher and Rich for about 15 minutes every morning. If this turns out to be Fred and Wallach I think I would flip to Greg Hill for that 15 minutes. We'll see how this goes.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If Rich walks, they lose Lockhart too. Then The show has no producer and no pretapes (I believe rich does editing for like all the clips they play). There are a lot of dominos that are going to fall at that station if that happens since they can pull Hardy but that exposes Bertrand on mid-day, etc.

I could see Rich going back to Atlanta but I think his wife has a lot invested in Boston so they may stay, and then does WEEI make a desperate effort to bring him as competition, or does he just go to a rock station to do mornings?
I heard Jim Murray talking about this recently but I would imagine Rich likes the appeal of being able to talk about whatever he wants and do his bits etc. Murray made it seem like if you have opinions and want to talk, sports radio is far superior to a rock station where you do actually have to play music.

From the times I have heard Rich and Hardy lead shows I think it's clear they are both very good #2 guys but I don't think either is good in the #1 chair.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I heard Jim Murray talking about this recently but I would imagine Rich likes the appeal of being able to talk about whatever he wants and do his bits etc. Murray made it seem like if you have opinions and want to talk, sports radio is far superior to a rock station where you do actually have to play music.

From the times I have heard Rich and Hardy lead shows I think it's clear they are both very good #2 guys but I don't think either is good in the #1 chair.
Rich is like Charlie Coyle. He's the best #3 center but he's still a #3 center.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Don't know if they addressed it at beginning of the show but both Fred and Rich are on today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad