OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I was living in Philadelphia at the time and listened to this live when it happened.

Amazing in hindsight that NESN put Mazz on the broadcast for a season.
I tried to listen, but then I heard Mazz’s voice and decided to stop in order to avoid the downward spiral of anger that inevitably follows when I listen to him for any length of time.

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Wow was Joe Murray on T&R weird and uncomfortable. Not sure why the new T&R shtick is to start problems with other personalities. Rich seems like an absolute snake. If the roles were reversed he’d be calling it a toxic workplace.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
What happened?
T&R went after him randomly and decided to talk about what happened during a station meeting which is inappropriate. Joe took eception to it when he saw an article their producer posted online.

Joe is old school like a lot of us. Some things need to stay behind the scenes and if they were truly irritated with him, you talk online and not make it a bit for listeners to mock him.

Last week, Fred went after the new Celtics pbp guy and made fun of him for being from Syracuse and young. He then started comparing him to Wallach and it made it seem like he was mad Grande and Wallach got passed over.

I don't like the overall tone of the show as of late. Have to wonder if contract negotiations aren't going well.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
T&R went after him randomly and decided to talk about what happened during a station meeting which is inappropriate. Joe took eception to it when he saw an article their producer posted online.

Joe is old school like a lot of us. Some things need to stay behind the scenes and if they were truly irritated with him, you talk online and not make it a bit for listeners to mock him.

Last week, Fred went after the new Celtics pbp guy and made fun of him for being from Syracuse and young. He then started comparing him to Wallach and it made it seem like he was mad Grande and Wallach got passed over.

I don't like the overall tone of the show as of late. Have to wonder if contract negotiations aren't going well.
Ahhh I saw the article posted about Joe supposedly detailing the company meeting.

I definitely knew Toucher would harp on Wallach not getting the C’s PBP gig. He’s been saying all along that he won’t get it. This morning, he again brought up that Wallach doesn’t get along with Dale Arnold.

The guy is a broken record. Felger and Mazz are negative, but in an entertaining, trolly kind of way.

I find nothing redeemable about Toucher.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ahhh I saw the article posted about Joe supposedly detailing the company meeting.

I definitely knew Toucher would harp on Wallach not getting the C’s PBP gig. He’s been saying all along that he won’t get it. This morning, he again brought up that Wallach doesn’t get along with Dale Arnold.

The guy is a broken record. Felger and Mazz are negative, but in an entertaining, trolly kind of way.

I find nothing redeemable about Toucher.
It sounds like Rich and Wallach just go along with Fred so they don't have conflic.

Going after Joe Murray, especially after how much he's covered for them, was a dbag move. Leave that shit behind the scenes.

Fred is so mean towards Wallach. You can tell he's jealous that Jon gets along with everyone and has a great gig covering the Celtics when Grande is out.

Felger and Mazz have always been negative and as long as you know this, the show isn't bad.

I wish they would fire Toucher. I'm hoping his contract doesn't get renewed.

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
It sounds like Rich and Wallach just go along with Fred so they don't have conflic.

Going after Joe Murray, especially after how much he's covered for them, was a dbag move. Leave that shit behind the scenes.

Fred is so mean towards Wallach. You can tell he's jealous that Jon gets along with everyone and has a great gig covering the Celtics when Grande is out.

Felger and Mazz have always been negative and as long as you know this, the show isn't bad.

I wish they would fire Toucher. I'm hoping his contract doesn't get renewed.
I usually get on Fred but man has Rich been acting like a total a-hole the last month or so. I bet contract negotiations aren’t going well and he’s acting like a jackass. I wonder if all the stuff with Lifshatz added to Murray’s anger. The show has just been very weird lately.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I usually get on Fred but man has Rich been acting like a total a-hole the last month or so. I bet contract negotiations aren’t going well and he’s acting like a jackass. I wonder if all the stuff with Lifshatz added to Murray’s anger. The show has just been very weird lately.
It is clear that Fred and Rich are starting to rub other guys the wrong way. Poor Wallach seems stuck in the middle.

It is clear that the Bruins are not going to be covered by any show this season so I've been listening to other podcasts. I can only take Patriots talk and hot takes in small doses these days. It is telling that no one on the B's does live weekly interviews with T&R

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The only time I will defend Fred is if he's going after Lifshatz. Lifshatz sucks. He's just as sensitive as Fred.

I didn't really understand the need to have Murray on the show to talk about the Zoom meeting. I was listening and it wasn't entertaining at all because Murray was clearly agitated. It was just awkward.

Looks like Rich changed the name of the T&R twitter account to just “Rich Shertenleib”. Me thinks someone’s contract is up.
Oh wow if you look at the toucher and rich account it is only following 1 person and only has 25 followers. They definitely did something to it.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Considering Fred was doing the show when he could barely talk he seems like a guy who could spiral if this gets taken away from him. Certainly wish him the best but things could get ugly for him if he doesn't land another radio gig.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins' perfect start, Poitras - 10 a.m. Thursday 10.26.23​

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad