OT: Official Sports Media Thread X: WEEI's owner is nearly broke

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
poor LB.
guy was such a nice dude. hands like friggin frying pans. lol
I believe it was ’89, the Bruins were in the old Forum, facing elimination. A frustrated Bob Wilson, the club’s legendary radio voice, detailed Boston’s predicament in his pregame show, noting all the firepower the Canadiens had at hand as they attempted to close out the series.

“And who do the Bruins counter with?’’ bellowed Wilson in his deep, mellifluent voice. “Lyndon Byers . . . who couldn’t put the puck in the ocean if he was standing at the edge of the dock!’’ Wilson punctuated dock with near-theatrical emphasis.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I believe it was ’89, the Bruins were in the old Forum, facing elimination. A frustrated Bob Wilson, the club’s legendary radio voice, detailed Boston’s predicament in his pregame show, noting all the firepower the Canadiens had at hand as they attempted to close out the series.

“And who do the Bruins counter with?’’ bellowed Wilson in his deep, mellifluent voice. “Lyndon Byers . . . who couldn’t put the puck in the ocean if he was standing at the edge of the dock!’’ Wilson punctuated dock with near-theatrical emphasis.
I have heard it and wasn't that the truth.

Reactions: rfournier103

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
F&M giving Ullmark and the media crap calling them the “boo hoo Linus crew”. You can’t make this toxic pathetic crap up. These guys suck.
They should just stick to football talk and leave the hockey talk out of their mouths. Bruins are an easy target for them.

F&M and crew are pretty dumb people to start off with. Not much skill or brains are needed to do those jobs. That why I hope all sports radio crashes and burns. It meaningless and advertisers are on to it finally

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
They should just stick to football talk and leave the hockey talk out of their mouths. Bruins are an easy target for them.

F&M and crew are pretty dumb people to start off with. Not much skill or brains are needed to do those jobs. That why I hope all sports radio crashes and burns. It meaningless and advertisers are on to it finally
How are advertisers on to one of the highest rated shows in the country?

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Here's some advice for the pathetic Chris Curtis, STFU and produce the show! That's your job, not constantly auditioning to be an on air talent. What a disaster this guy is. Just shut up. And when is enough enough with him? They should turn his mic off permanently when he returns and remind him what his job is. He reeks of someone who just desires attention constantly.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I absolutely loved Bob Wilson. I heard his voice as I read that.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What most people don't know is LB was a 30 goal scorer in Junior. Couldn't translate it to the pros, so he learned to fight.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's been said already, but the I'm not racist, I actually was intending on making a misogynist joke excuse is baffling.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You know what's funny, growing up in New Hampshire in the 90s I don't remember ever hearing Bruins games on the radio, but I could pick up New York Rangers games on AM radio in my room with clarity. Even by the mid-00s we still could only barely get WEEI on the Seacoast because their range was pretty shitty.

I'm sure there was a network that syndicated Bruins games throughout New England, but I just don't recall ever finding them or picking them up, so I have zero memory of Bob Wilson. And I think by the time I started following the Bruins, he had retired anyway (first season I watched was the last half-year in the old Garden in 95).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad