GDT: Official Conference Semifinals thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Chicago wins tonight and the 4 teams lefts are the last 4 Cup winning teams... In fact, the last 5 teams remaining are the last 5 Cup winning teams.

images

Boston/LA Cup final FTW! :sarcasm:

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I want to see the Kings succeed, but damn if their playstyle isn't so ****ing boring!!

I go Chicago. They're fun to watch, and only a few of their fans irritate me.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For me it's

Chicago - Fun to watch
Los Angeles - Justin Williams
Boston - They're not Pittsburgh
Detroit - Still mad about 2002
Pittsburgh - They are Pittsburgh

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
For me it's

Chicago - Fun to watch
Los Angeles - Justin Williams
Boston - They're not Pittsburgh
Detroit - Still mad about 2002
Pittsburgh - They are Pittsburgh

I completely agree with your assessment of LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh. Half my family is from Detroit, so I have been watching them for quite a while. As much as we (canes fans) are mad at them for 2002 (which was completely devastating at the time), you have to agree that its a completely different team. I couldn't stand them until about 3 years ago. The player that changed my mind about them is Pavel Datsyuk.

Chicago is like the Pittsburgh of the West for me. Can't stand them and the obvious bias towards them in the media. It gets to a point where rooting against them is easy.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Pittsburgh- 3rd favorite team in the league. I absolutely love the city as a whole. ****ing love Brandon Sutter. Want to see Iginla win, wouldn't mind seeing Jokinen grab a Cup too. Admire and like Crosby, Malkin, and Letang. Always been a big fan of James Neal's.

Chicago- I really enjoy watching Chicago play. I'm a big fan of Saad's. Really like Toews, Kane, Bolland, and Sharp too.

Detroit- Always enjoy pulling for Americans and I like Jimmy Howard. Enjoy watching Datsyuk and Zetterberg play, but I still harbor some bitterness about '02.

LA- So meh on LA. I like Williams and respect the hell out of Quick. Not really any particular feelings toward any of the rest of them.

Boston- **** Boston. Patrice Bergeron is the only regular player on that team I don't absolutely despise.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For me, I'm rooting as follows:

Detroit: grew up in Michigan as a Wing's fan
LA Kings: like the way they play (even if it's boring) and Justin Williams was my favorite Cane.
Pens: Sutter and Jokinen
Boston: Pretty much a tie with the Pens and won't be upset if they beat the Pens. Like their physical style and don't hate them like some do.
Hawks: Even though I think they'll take the Wings tonight, hard to root for them.

In the end, I'm guessing it will be a Kings/Pens final.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
For me:
Pens: Grew up watching them, lived in Pittsburgh (still remember the 5OT vs Philly)

Kings: Meet Daryl Sutter, great guy.

Wings: Michigan > Mass.

Bruins: Mass > Ill.
Blackhawks

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Mine:

Blackhawks - Have a few friends who are Blackhawks fans, and I also enjoy their exciting style of hockey
Kings - I really have nothing against them, I'd just prefer not to see the repeat

Red Wings - I don't like the Red Wings, but I respect them. I do like them more than the two below, though

Bruins - No

Penguins - Hell no

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That could wind up being the biggest blunder in the history of hockey if the Blackhawks lose. So obviously I hope exactly that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad