(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Finn is from the same draft class as Kulak, Sieloff, Culkin. All these guys just had their first year pro, way too early to pass any judgement.

Which is definitely possible, but the fact is he isn't a slam dunk prospect. He's the kind of D prospect almost every team has a couple of at this point. Toronto has some other good young D who are better. Grabbed adds a decent RW who is good on the PK

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Grabner worth a 2nd is laughable. He's been dirt since his 50 point season.

50% retained at the deadline you'd be surprised. Glencross never should have returned what he did. Grabner is effective on the pk usually can has wheels, you can bet certain teams would be interested at deadline

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
50% retained at the deadline you'd be surprised. Glencross never should have returned what he did. Grabner is effective on the pk usually can has wheels, you can bet certain teams would be interested at deadline

You know that he was barely played last year and would likely have been on waivers in a week right?

If he has a decent season (30-40 points) maybe, maybe, maybe he gets a third if salary is retained. I doubt it though. A 2nd is a big price.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I gotta think the Isles valued Grabner, if all he would have cost was a 3rd or 4th, why did they wait this long to deal him? Surely another team out there would have payed that sometime ago. I think they accepted a handful of magic beans in hopes that at least one of those players turns into something.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
No one wanted Grabner. The Isles have been shopping him for a while (at least the past year).

Part of the reason is that while his cap hit is 3M, his actually salary is 5M. Flip that around and some of the bottom feeders might have been interested.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
If you can get a late 1st and a B prospect out of Vermette at the TD, you sure as hell can get at least a late 2nd for Grabner if he has a 0.45 PPG season. Getting much more ice-time would make this likely to happen.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
No one wanted Grabner. The Isles have been shopping him for a while (at least the past year).

Part of the reason is that while his cap hit is 3M, his actually salary is 5M. Flip that around and some of the bottom feeders might have been interested.

By deadline most of the money is paid so its not a big deal.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
By deadline most of the money is paid so its not a big deal.

True, and the Leafs can retain salary so that should help. Even then, unless Grabner returns to a 30 goal pace, doubt he returns more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. Speedy and soft depth wingers aren't that valuable for the playoffs. Glencross at least, was believed to possess intangibles and grit. Those kind of players (e.g. Gaustad, Ott, Stewart) tend to go for a little more, even if they aren't all that effective anymore.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Grabner is actually rather solid on the pk though. He isn't physical but he isn't a slouch defensively. A late second at the deadline from a Chicago or a Pittsburgh type team poised for a run wouldn't be hard.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Grabner's value now has little impact as to his value at the deadline. If he has a good year then he will get a return at the deadline.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Apparently Mark Spector has a book about the Battle of Alberta coming out on October 20th. What are the odds this is as terrible as his articles?

May 27, 2012
Earth
I gotta think the Isles valued Grabner, if all he would have cost was a 3rd or 4th, why did they wait this long to deal him? Surely another team out there would have payed that sometime ago. I think they accepted a handful of magic beans in hopes that at least one of those players turns into something.

It's becuase he has negative value. They moved him for trash.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I can't believe Kane is at freaking camp. What a joke that franchise of the Hawks are.
He hasn't been charged/indicted for anything yet, suspending him now would only being on a grievance from the PA

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
He hasn't been charged/indicted for anything yet, suspending him now would only being on a grievance from the PA

So? Sorry but if you're involved in ANY investigation, you should be refrained from participating from a sport. Especially when it's a rape allegation.

If Monahan was involved in a rape allegation (no charges being laid but an investigation underway), I wouldn't want him near training camp at all. No exceptions.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So? Sorry but if you're involved in ANY investigation, you should be refrained from participating from a sport. Especially when it's a rape allegation.

If Monahan was involved in a rape allegation (no charges being laid but an investigation underway), I wouldn't want him near training camp at all. No exceptions.
The bottom line is you cannot punish someone for what may end up being a false accusation. If he's guilty I hope he is tossed in a tiny cell for life without the benefit of daylight, but until he is at least charged, the team really cannot do much. Being investigated for something is not a punishable act.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The bottom line is you cannot punish someone for what may end up being a false accusation. If he's guilty I hope he is tossed in a tiny cell for life without the benefit of daylight, but until he is at least charged, the team really cannot do much. Being investigated for something is not a punishable act.

This.

Plus not to say that this case is, but its not rare these days for false rape claims, especially against celebrities or people with lots of money. Or the idea that regret about doing it later equals rape.

Lots we don't know and you CANNOT punish people who haven't even been accused or charged yet. Innocent until proven guilty.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
This.

Plus not to say that this case is, but its not rare these days for false rape claims, especially against celebrities or people with lots of money. Or the idea that regret about doing it later equals rape.

Lots we don't know and you CANNOT punish people who haven't even been accused or charged yet. Innocent until proven guilty.

That's simply not true. 95% of rape claims are true.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's simply not true. 95% of rape claims are true.

True, but think of it this way. Assuming you have a job.

Let's say I find out your name and file a report to the Toronto Police saying that you strangle puppies on the daily. Is it right that you should be suspended from your job?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
True, but think of it this way. Assuming you have a job.

Let's say I find out your name and file a report to the Toronto Police saying that you strangle puppies on the daily. Is it right that you should be suspended from your job?

I would honestly understand if they suspended me, with pay of course. edit: and strangling puppies is nothing like rape, but I understand you using that example over others.

I just don't think Kane should be at camp, suspend him with pay.. at least wait until the Grand Jury trial is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad