(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Pretty solid deal for Nelson. If he stays the same as last year its good. If he continues to get better it's great, and if he regresses its easily movable as a reclamation project type contract

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Panthers just re-signed Huberdeau to a 2 year deal @ a 3.25 AAV, what a great bridge deal for the Panthers.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The Voynov thing is a major blow to the Kings. They clear up some cap, with him and Ritchie gone; but he was a fairly valuable dman for them.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Tallon made him a "best and final" offer. It's great value, but it's the same question. He played hard ball with him now, Huberdeau will have all the power later and could be making north of 7 million. Personally I hope for us Treliving finds a middle ground contract so we have cost controlled assets long term. 6-8 years deal at 6 million per. E. Kane also signed a 5 year, 5.25 per or something like that. Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds and this signing here could most definitely be used as a recent comparable.

Aug 21, 2014
Toronto trades prospects to the Islanders for F Michael Grabner

I guess they're in win know mode. :sarcasm:

Leafs the Leafs with 45 contracts.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1953245

Thread in the Business of Hockey. The Panthers will maintain 2000 season ticket holders for the upcoming season. Their renewal rate was 90%.

Remember that story a few years back about an out-of-towner buying Panthers season tickets just as a joke and ended up getting the total royal treatment? I thought about doing that when I was in Florida a couple months back but I wouldn't have been able to go to a game :laugh:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
The Huberdeau deal is great

I like Grabner, like the deal for the Leafs. Move out a bunch of meh prospects not in their future plans for a decent two way forward with sick speed

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Even if the prospects were meh, for one year of an injured Grabner before hes a UFA seems a bit odd to me. I mean even if he remains healthy and trade bait how much can they get him?

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Even if the prospects were meh, for one year of an injured Grabner before hes a UFA seems a bit odd to me. I mean even if he remains healthy and trade bait how much can they get him?

It was to clear contract spaces. Ship out the prospects they don't like from past regimes, sign Boyes. Glencross and Seto, flip em for mid picks at deadline to start building their own prospect pool.

Seems like both the Isles and Leafs accomplished what they wanted and needed to do with this trade, so good for them

Aug 21, 2014

Late 1st, maybe a 2nd + prospect.

Your guess is as good as mine. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It was to clear contract spaces. Ship out the prospects they don't like from past regimes, sign Boyes. Glencross and Seto, flip em for mid picks at deadline to start building their own prospect pool.

Seems like both the Isles and Leafs accomplished what they wanted and needed to do with this trade, so good for them

Pretty much how I interpret it as well. Finn is the only one of significance. Heck they might just flip Grabner again later for a decent return. Clearing the contracts here was key.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
You never know with guys like Carter Verhaeghe and Christopher Gibson could be. Clearing contract space I get, but the PTO's are going to get you 3rd rounders most like.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Pretty much how I interpret it as well. Finn is the only one of significance. Heck they might just flip Grabner again later for a decent return. Clearing the contracts here was key.

Amusing thing is my coworker whose a huge Leafs fan says Finn is pretty much the worst of them. Says he's stagnated after turning pro and coasts by on draft pedigree more than anything. Says he doubts Finn ever becomes more than a #6 at best.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Amusing thing is my coworker whose a huge Leafs fan says Finn is pretty much the worst of them. Says he's stagnated after turning pro and coasts by on draft pedigree more than anything. Says he doubts Finn ever becomes more than a #6 at best.

Admittedly, I'm no expert on the Leafs prospects but I have Grabner's value pegged at about a 2nd rounder. Finn is probably worth a 3rd, so I view the other guys contract dumps (again I could be off base here).

I think it's hard for a guy like Finn, he's a young player and trying to learn to be an every day pro which means learning how to be consistent day in and day out. The environment in Leaf land last year was a losing one. Everybody quit and I think it rubbed off on everyone. Finn could be a guy that gets a fresh start here and gets back on track under different management.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Finn is from the same draft class as Kulak, Sieloff, Culkin. All these guys just had their first year pro, way too early to pass any judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad