Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I've never seen a draft with this much variance between mockers. The D are all over the f***ing place.
Probably because a lot of guys feel boom/bustish this year.

@BigToe I have decided to be all in on Hage. I am smart, right?
If you like to bet on upside, yea. He’s got some inconsistent IQ issues imo but you’re not gonna find many guys with his skill set, scoring profile and overall flashes. Don’t think he’s close to his ceiling yet and he still put up big numbers in the USHL. There’s a lot to work with there and I think he could be a home run with good development.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Probably because a lot of guys feel boom/bustish this year.

If you like to bet on upside, yea. He’s got some inconsistent IQ issues imo but you’re not gonna find many guys with his skill set, scoring profile and overall flashes. Don’t think he’s close to his ceiling yet and he still put up big numbers in the USHL. There’s a lot to work with there and I think he could be a home run with good development.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know, this team is almost certainly not going to, but I badly want them to make a big, big move for a second lottery pick. Two big swings in and around this same area, if we don’t completely Juolevi that shit, could set us up for a decade.

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
Sounds like Catton if available, Yakenchuk or Hage, which fills needs, just go bpa.
2025 that looks like a stronger draft class. Hagens,Misa.
The number of Centers 1-20, which is our wheelhouse, about 10 Centers. The size in round 1, is small, 5’8,5-9 fellas.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
I mostly agree with you. I really like Dickinson but doubt he is there. I am hoping for that either Catton or Yakemchuk is there at 12. Catton is the apple of my eye. I see him centering Michkov and Foerster in the future. If he isn’t there and Yakemchuk is, I’d like Yakemchuk and hope for a bad year this year and first line center next year. Depending on who is there, Dickinson, Yakenchuk, Catton, Buium and the obvious top guys are gone, I do like Hage a lot for the reasons you mention. If we could flip Laughton for the pick to get Hage, I’d do that.
I also like Elick or Badinka with the Fla pick if we get a forward with the first. A third D at that spot I’d like is Solberg.
Yeah, obviously I forgot about Catton. Despite there is no place in my own hockey universe for under 7’0/270 players (just an Eastern European joke), really like him. But it would be some kind of miracle if he fall outside top 10. But Zach Benson case is always possible though.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
You're not wrong, but I would rather draft a guy named literally "Penis" than a guy named "Zeev F***ing Buium"
Nothing wrong with Penis!

Think of all the wonderful "It was Mustard in the slot with the backhand" (and the like) memes! We need to draft this kid based on that alone. And lucky for us, if it's Flahr's turn to pick, it's a slam dunk.
Iam waiting for frozen mustard for mitchkov :naughty::laugh:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I just don’t see how Eiserman fails to be at least a 30 goal scorer. I’d love him and Hage if we can trade up with the Fla pick. If Eiserman is gone then Catton and Hage. Forget about D until the 2nd round

Reactions: hystyk1921

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
I think we should take Ruslan Gazizov with a late pick. A bottom line winger, 3rd,4th line. But another guy coached by Dale Hunter, and he’s a Russian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad