Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I think I want Stiga with the Florida pick. Feels like the kind of guy who would have top 15/20 hype if he wasn’t 5’10”.

Also feels like this year’s guy who will go 67th overall, tear up the NCAA, and then people will be like “how did he last until the third round??”

Reactions: Larry44

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
ASF made the point on STG tonight that Yakemchuk will likely go higher than many think. The Athletic also had him going #4 in their mock today.

Hard not to believe that NHL teams will be enamored with a 6'3 RHD with big numbers. #12 does feel like a stretch for him at this point.

Reactions: BernieParent

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
If Yakemchuk goes top 10 then I’d have to think one of Levshunov, Silayev, Buium, Dickinson, or Parekh is there and I’d be thrilled with any of them. Parekh feels like a boom or bust guy but I would still take that big swing. I’d still be happy with Yakemchuk if he was there and the selection but not as excited. Our defense for the future would be looking very strong and young.

For forwards I want Iginla. Lindstrom could be there with the injury concerns and I think he’s worth that swing. I don’t think there is any chance Demidov is there.

Best case scenario: Levshunov, Dickinson, Silayev, Buium, Parekh in no particular order

2nd best case scenario: Iginla, Lindstrom

3rd best case scenario: Yakemchuk, Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Sennecke, Nygard in no particular order

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There are a few good options, and could be even better if someone slips unexpectedly.
Catton might be my third option in the entire draft so hard to imagine there being a better option in my eyes. If someone like Parekh slips maybe, but legit top line forwards are so hard to find. Pretty much have to draft them inside the lottery.

The Drysdale trade stings more when you consider the BPA could very well be a defenseman. Not that you should avoid a defenseman because of Drysdale, but you can only invest so much into 6 slots (well 7 on this team). Deployment issues arrive.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
As we head for the draft I can’t help but notice how much better the OHL seems to be compared to the W and Q. In The Memorial Cup the O is showing dominance. Does that elevate OHL Players a bit and maybe devalue the players from the W (the Q is a bit of a non factor at the upper levels of draft prospect right now)?

Reactions: renberg

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
Realistically, Liam Greentree.

Thinking guys like Iginla will fall to us are just pipe dreams.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
As we head for the draft I can’t help but notice how much better the OHL seems to be compared to the W and Q. In The Memorial Cup the O is showing dominance. Does that elevate OHL Players a bit and maybe devalue the players from the W (the Q is a bit of a non factor at the upper levels of draft prospect right now)?
Along that line, how does this affect judging the skill levels of the Euros in comparison? It has to be a tough call.

Reactions: IronMarshal

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The OHL has always had a slight edge over the WHL but they are pretty comparable in league strength. The Q has been lagging for years. That said the Q won this thing last year with mostly non-NHL prospects. Can't take a whole lot from it. London is London and Saginaw as the host has been able to build their roster up to this knowing they were hosting.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Buium at #9 seems wild to me, although I would love for Seattle to get a shot at him. Maybe Catton will drop to 12 ala Zach Benson and give Philly their playmaking phenom.
If they get Catton at 12 and then Eiserman is still there at 15 I would 100% trade Farabee or TK+ for that pick. But Det should probably make that pick for obvious reasons.

Buium at #9 seems wild to me, although I would love for Seattle to get a shot at him. Maybe Catton will drop to 12 ala Zach Benson and give Philly their playmaking phenom.
If they get Catton at 12 and then Eiserman is still there at 15 I would 100% trade Farabee or TK+ for that pick. But Det should probably make that pick for

Reactions: BernieParent

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I could see a world where helenius makes it out of camp, stays in the bottom 6 and his offense isn't developed. (Maybe until he pulls a couts and finally asked for the roll 5 years later because they are too far up theor butts to notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad