Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
For u draft guys how does next year's draft look ? @Appleyard @FLYguy3911

My read so far:

Top 6 picks "talent" wise? 2023 takes it but it is not a "run-away" win. Top 2-3 in 2023 beat 2024... but the ~4-6 range I think 2024 is stronger.

Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith, Leonard
vs
Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov, Levshunov, Kiviharju, Helenius

Bedard is the best player... Michkov 2nd (but close to Celebrini maybe upside wise)... but then Celebrini and Eiserman I think are ahead of Fantilli and maybe Demidov a similar level to Fantilli and Carlsson. Then Levshunov, Kiviharju and Helenius I think tracking better than anyone after the top 4 most talented in 2023.

Right now tier wise I would say the combined drafts would be something like...

Bedard
Michkov, Celebrini
Eiserman, Demidov, Fantilli, Carlsson
Levshunov, Kiviharju
Helenius, Smith, Leonard, Benson etc

The 2024 top ~5 fwds? Just a cut below 2023 but not a million miles away
The 2024 ~6-20 fwds? A cut below 2023, by a fair gap as things stand.
The 2024 D class is waaaay stronger.
The 2024 top goalies are better... but not as much goalie depth.

2023 is a better draft I think... but 2024 has the potential to be a top ~5 draft of the century as well. Rare to get two classes that are so good in a row.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
My read so far:

Top 6 picks "talent" wise? 2023 takes it but it is not a "run-away" win. Top 2-3 in 2023 beat 2024... but the ~4-6 range I think 2024 is stronger.

vs

Bedard is the best player... Michkov 2nd (but close to Celebrini maybe upside wise)... but then Celebrini and Eiserman I think are ahead of Fantilli and maybe Demidov a similar level to Fantilli and Carlsson. Then Levshunov, Kiviharju and Helenius I think tracking better than anyone after the top 4 most talented in 2023.

Bedard
Michkov, Celebrini
Levshunov, Kiviharju

2023 is a better draft I think... but 2024 has the potential to be a top ~5 draft of the century as well. Rare to get two classes that are so good in a row.
Thanks always appreciate ur thoughts and having some players to watch in jr. This year. Do u not write for the athletic anymore? I haven't seen any of ur articles lately

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
My read so far:

vs

Bedard
Michkov, Celebrini
Levshunov, Kiviharju

Which of these top forwards in the 2024 draft, would compliment Michkov the best? (somewhat speculative, I know)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Thanks always appreciate ur thoughts and having some players to watch in jr. This year. Do u not write for the athletic anymore? I haven't seen any of ur articles lately
I contribute to a few articles a year... but tbh just dont have time anymore to be as involved.

Last 2 years I have been in a management role in day-job and just more demanding.

Which of these top forwards in the 2024 draft, would compliment Michkov the best? (somewhat speculative, I know)

Celebrini for sure. Can be an elite centre.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
My read so far:

vs

Bedard
Michkov, Celebrini
Levshunov, Kiviharju

so what you are saying is flyers are picking a goalie in the first round, nice

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
with the roster as constructed right now on 6/30 I anticipate them probably picking 7th or 8th again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad