Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hard to say. There’s like 13 players that people think will go top 10. Somebody has to drop. I think Parekh and Yakemchuk are the two most likely D to be there at 12. No way we’re getting a shot at Dickinson or Buium. Still hoping for Catton though.

Seems like Catton may be more likely than Parekh. I would guess there will be a run on D. There are always reaches outside of the consensus too.

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
I would Guess Utah,Ottawa and Seattle are gonna go D.Calgary may as well. Parekh, the 6-7 Russian and Dickinson could go 3 in a row

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Considering Flyers fans want more hockey dwarfs with skills, surprisingly found no posts about Miguel Marques. 74 (team leader) points in Lethbridge Hurricanes, where is just one drafted prospect. Has really soft hands and hockey IQ.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Wont pretend I know much about any of the draft stuff, but Mikhail Yegorov is one I'd be cool if they find a way to get. The write up is nice, and I like the BU commitment for the future.

Not sure I really believe in Ersson, but that's another matter.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
5’11 guys are dwarfs now?
B38C746A-CFE1-4BB1-8D04-804E79FD1B8F.gif

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Considering Flyers fans want more hockey dwarfs with skills, surprisingly found no posts about Miguel Marques. 74 (team leader) points in Lethbridge Hurricanes, where is just one drafted prospect. Has really soft hands and hockey IQ.

Clarkie?

I mean, probably not, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else use the word skills as a derogatory term before.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
So what are thoughts on Solberg? I just saw Pronman’s list had him at #12. Lots of guys I was meh on I’ve warmed on in my nonprofessional, barely amateur scouting expertise. I suppose I can warm on Solberg too. I don’t care who wins the Cup, just want the draft to come

Reactions: BernieParent

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
So what are thoughts on Solberg? I just saw Pronman’s list had him at #12. Lots of guys I was meh on I’ve warmed on in my nonprofessional, barely amateur scouting expertise. I suppose I can warm on Solberg too. I don’t care who wins the Cup, just want the draft to come
I personally think he's higher than he should be. I think 12 is a choice.

Would prefer the Flyers didn't choose him at 12 with some of the potential options still on the board

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Did you watch Solberg play at the World Championship? He's believed to be the most physical d-man in this year's draft.

Reactions: Larry44

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Clarkie?

I mean, probably not, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else use the word skills as a derogatory term before.
Yeah, GM who drafted Giroux, Gagne, Sharp, Carter, Pitkanen insulted people with words like “skills”. That’s for sure. That’s how it was

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The Athletic decided to have a 1st round between Pronman, Wheeler and Bultman where they alternate, and f***ing Bultman put the Flyers at grabbing Sennecke. What the crap? They chose him over Iginla, Helenius and Brandsegg-Nygard mainly because of his current playoff stats. Yet Iginla has the best PPG stats for the WHL playoffs (not including Ryder Ritchie, who may also go in the first round, but he also played 6 less games than Iginla) for an upcoming draft player.

Stupid...

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
The Athletic decided to have a 1st round between Pronman, Wheeler and Bultman where they alternate, and f***ing Bultman put the Flyers at grabbing Sennecke. What the crap? They chose him over Iginla, Helenius and Brandsegg-Nygard mainly because of his current playoff stats. Yet Iginla has the best PPG stats for the WHL playoffs (not including Ryder Ritchie, who may also go in the first round, but he also played 6 less games than Iginla) for an upcoming draft player.

Stupid...
Sennecke was the second best player in the OHL after Cowan in the second half of the season. Every sports analyst in Canada had him move up the draft board by 12 to 15 positions. They all concurred that he was a huge reason for Oshawa turning there season around. After he got injured they were blown out.
I know he is a winger but we are talking 2 to 3 years down the road when he would make an impact and by then they can hopefully have a #1C and #1D figured out.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013

Stupid...
Probably Helenius and MBN are softer picks, but Sennecke offensive ceiling is more higher. So it makes sense to pick him over Finn and Norge.
Over Iginla? No way.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I’m almost sure after combine we’ll know he is under 5’11
Maybe. Kinda interesting that he's the #dwarf you like. He's a guy that I like too but I've dropped him a bit because he tends to float around waiting for the puck to come to him, plus he's not as agile as you'd expect a guy his size to be. He's gonna need to work on that but I still think he's a first round guy because of his playmaking. Think you might like Stiga as a dwarf more than Marques if you haven't seen him yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad