Pre-Game Talk: Official 2024/25 Pre-Season free for all

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I like the centers. And I like Norris (at least starting) on the wing. Nice balanced lineup. Wish there was room for Jenik and crookshank.
Jenik had a pretty good debut & as a 24 yr old might still have time to eventually make the team in the bottom six but I don't he has to show more physicality in his game & should in Belleville. Crookshank on the other hand IMO is an AHL player, I won't be surprised if he is traded or leaves after this yr when his contract is up. I don't see him in the bottom six & he's not good enough in the NHL to be in the top six but he could easily prove me wrong. We'll see.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
LD. depth after Sandy-Chabot-Kleven is pretty week. Sebrango seems to be the next guy up and he was in the ECHL last season.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
It is nice to see this battle for the final roster spot upfront. This really shows me the difference in the new group running the organization. It is so nice to watch this camp battle and actually have several options that could fill the role.

Right now Jenik, Reinhardt, Gregor, Ostapchuk, Highmore, Crookshank are all pushing for spots and have all had positive showings but could also be valuable contributors in Belleville. It is great to see proper competition with properly slotted players at the right point in their career projection fighting for these spots.

Reactions: Duncstar and bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So basically every bubble forward and d man with any chance whatsoever of making the team.
not sure where Guenette fits .. I would have thought he'd be in the mix and he could still be after the next set of cuts ..

Defense depth continues to be a weakness. No one really pops for that 3 RD spot. I imagine with a rookie at 3LD Hamonic will be the guy they count on first.

Any injuries in the top 4 will hurt in more ways than one.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Big cut coming tomorrow
It could also imply that cuts have already been made. They may have not made official cuts but the coaching staff may have made decisions on a number of players. For example, here are the non roster players that are not listed as part of this group:

Jeremy Davies, Stephen Halliday, Hayden Hodgson, Garrett Pilon, Maxence Guenette, Tomas Hamara, Djibril Toure, Wyatt Bongiovani, Jake Chiasson, Philippe Daost, Oskar Pettersson, Jamieson Rees, Keean Washkurak, Michael Simpson

Of that list only Halliday and Guenette would be the somewhat surprising cuts. Even then, Travis Green mentioned that after the 4 day mark of camp there is a big drop off where bubble players start getting fatigued. I thought Halliday was showing some signs of that so if he does get cut then it won't be that big of a surprise as he is just getting his feet wet in the pro game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Kleven with Yakemchuk, should be interesting to see how they do together.
Future 2nd pair. I am interested too.

I am glad they are going with such a light lineup against such a terrible opponent. Buffalo isnt even icing an AHL team tonight, its an AHL ECHL mix. I am kinda suprised to see both Addison and Kleven in and Donovan as the 7th guy. I feel like one of them may not play so that he can get one game in.

Yes big cuts after tomorrow which is good they gotta get the practices to one group.

After tonight this is what I am hoping is left.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Norris-Pinto-Batherson
Cousins-Greig-Perron
Gregor-Ostapchuk-Amadio
Reinhardt-Jenik-Macewen
Crookshank-Halliday-Gaudette

Sanderson-Jensen
Chabot- Yakemchuk
Kleven-JBD
Hamonic-Addison
Sebrango-Matinpalo
Zub (injured)

Ullmark
Forsberg
Tokarski

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
It could also imply that cuts have already been made. They may have not made official cuts but the coaching staff may have made decisions on a number of players. For example, here are the non roster players that are not listed as part of this group:

Jeremy Davies, Stephen Halliday, Hayden Hodgson, Garrett Pilon, Maxence Guenette, Tomas Hamara, Djibril Toure, Wyatt Bongiovani, Jake Chiasson, Philippe Daost, Oskar Pettersson, Jamieson Rees, Keean Washkurak, Michael Simpson

Of that list only Halliday and Guenette would be the somewhat surprising cuts. Even then, Travis Green mentioned that after the 4 day mark of camp there is a big drop off where bubble players start getting fatigued. I thought Halliday was showing some signs of that so if he does get cut then it won't be that big of a surprise as he is just getting his feet wet in the pro game.
Maybe, and probably a couple of tonight game. Bongiovani , I m surprised that he don t have play a game. He was good for the B-Sens when trade

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Maybe, and probably a couple of tonight game. Bongiovani , I m surprised that he don t have play a game. He was good for the B-Sens when trade
I think Travis Green and the coaching staff have been focused on using training camp to best prepare for the regular season and to waste no time doing that. They didn't give any games to the prospects they sent back to the CHL and so far they haven't given any games to prospects and young players who are likely to spend the entire season in the AHL. The only players that have gotten games have been players that appear to have been in the running to push for a roster spot.

We heard it was going to be a tough camp and the players who have gotten in the lineup are most likely only those that have met or exceeded expectations.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I am also interested in Matinpalo.

Anyone know where Andonovski? I was really interested to see how he played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad