News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It's pretty standard. I don't think there are a lot of examples of these stand alone services but Marquee Sports Network which basically is all Cubs, costs that much. At least with Altitude+ you get the Nuggets and Avs.

Hopefully you'll get the ability to start from start or rewind -- Marquee is really shitty about that. You can rewind a little bit if you come in late, but it's glitchy and half the time it shoots you back to live. For $20 a month you should be able to watch any way you want and have a few "DVR" features. Then again, whoever they get to make these apps are likely not in the same league as whoever does the major streaming apps -- and even a lot of those suck on certain platforms. I hope it works well for you guys nearer to Colorado.

Plus Dallas' service is free

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Yes, Dallas Stars and Anaheim Ducks fans are lucky at the moment, but I think that's just a stopgap so that they can have broadcasts at all. I imagine there will be a long term solution for those teams that's not free.

What I was referring to in regard to $20 being standard is for teams that have their own networks a la carte - not every streaming service there is. There is Marquee, Altitude+ and I think the Lakers and Dodgers had a similar thing at least for a while. There could be others, I don't pay attention to all that usually. It's not a common situation and with how complicated sports rights and blackouts can be, it's a good solution for someone like me who doesn't want cable or a streaming option that's basically cable. I don't mind paying $20 a month to see my favorite team if it means not paying $90 for Fubo, which has mostly stuff I don't need and a crap interface.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I pay 45€/month (50$/month) just to watch the Avs play. Of course there is a lot more content for the price also, but I rarely use it for anything else. 20$/month is nothing.

Reactions: AvBuff

Toothless Legend

Oct 15, 2021
Wheat Ridge, CO
Yes, Dallas Stars and Anaheim Ducks fans are lucky at the moment, but I think that's just a stopgap so that they can have broadcasts at all. I imagine there will be a long term solution for those teams that's not free.

What I was referring to in regard to $20 being standard is for teams that have their own networks a la carte - not every streaming service there is. There is Marquee, Altitude+ and I think the Lakers and Dodgers had a similar thing at least for a while. There could be others, I don't pay attention to all that usually. It's not a common situation and with how complicated sports rights and blackouts can be, it's a good solution for someone like me who doesn't want cable or a streaming option that's basically cable. I don't mind paying $20 a month to see my favorite team if it means not paying $90 for Fubo, which has mostly stuff I don't need and a crap interface.
Vegas's service is $10/mo.

I'd also expect the app to be super buggy these first few years.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
I watch all my NHL games on eson+ or whatever is on YouTube tv. I do get Avs Wild blacked out though which sucks and I don’t get nor will pay for balleys

If I still lived in Denver I can’t imagine how annoying the last 5 years have been especially since the Avs have been good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad