Pre-Game Talk: Official 2024/25 Pre-Season free for all

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sabres tonight

Tonight’s roster

Forwards (13): 44 Joshua Dunne, 45 Riley Fiddler-Schultz, 94 Konsta Helenius, 49 Mason Jobst, 57 Brett Murray, 54 Olivier Nadeau, 79 Viktor Neuchev, 36 Noah Ostlund, 63 Isak Rosen, 67 Graham Slaggert, 59 Tyler Tullio, 92 Anton Wahlberg, 42 Brendan Warren

Defensemen (7): 76 Vsevolod Komarov, 46 Noah Laaouan, 73 Zach Metsa, 91 Nikita Novikov, 6 Colton Poolman, 3 Jack Rathbone, 56 Peter Tischke

Goaltenders (2): 34 Scott Ratzlaff, 32 Felix Sandström

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sabres tonight

Tonight’s roster

Forwards (13): 44 Joshua Dunne, 45 Riley Fiddler-Schultz, 94 Konsta Helenius, 49 Mason Jobst, 57 Brett Murray, 54 Olivier Nadeau, 79 Viktor Neuchev, 36 Noah Ostlund, 63 Isak Rosen, 67 Graham Slaggert, 59 Tyler Tullio, 92 Anton Wahlberg, 42 Brendan Warren

Defensemen (7): 76 Vsevolod Komarov, 46 Noah Laaouan, 73 Zach Metsa, 91 Nikita Novikov, 6 Colton Poolman, 3 Jack Rathbone, 56 Peter Tischke

Goaltenders (2): 34 Scott Ratzlaff, 32 Felix Sandström
I know like... two of those names...

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Healthy or not I don't see Murray getting it back. He hasn't had a quality season since 2018-19, which is like 6 years ago now.
Also wonder if some of it is mental. He was good while being a tandem with MAF but not so much as a starter. Anyhoots, he didn't look great in the last game so you were right. I based my original comment on what Leaf fans were saying on their board, albeit, very few of them have any confidence in him either lol.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Korpi was the first star last night. I think if we will keep him , he would have be good with all the change Staois do this summer
If he ends up being really good with Boston, it will probably be for the following reasons:
1. He had laser eye surgery done in the off-season.
2. He has a new helmet where I'm assuming the sightline issues of the old one weren't repeated.
3. Boston's team defensive style of hockey.
4. Goalie coach Bob helps him address his shortcomings.
5. He's the backup, not the starter (at least that's the plan).

Reactions: DrEasy

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
My roster after these 2 pre-season games.

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Perron-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Amadio
Reinhart-Jenik-Cousins
Gregor/Crookshank

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Yakemchuk
Klevin-Jensen
Hamonic

Yak 9 games and then Jensen takes his spot, Hamonic/JBD for 6th/7th dman.
Chabot needs a defensive D to play with, not another offensive D. Similar types of players but on different sides. Plus, as good as Yakemchuk has looked in the pre-season, he stills needs a little bit of seasoning in the minors. TML vets all didn't show up for that game so really hard to judge what his performance will be like in regular season. No need to rush him, he still has a lot of things to work on.

My pairings would be:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Klevin-Hamonic
JBD/Yakemchuk as alternates depending on play and/or injuries.

I selected Hamonic based on his play in the 1st game, he looked like his old self. If that keeps up, I'd like to see him in at least 50% of the games alternating with JBD. He'll be a great mentor for Klevin..

I do agree with your 4th line, Reinhard/Jenik seemed to have a lot of chemistry. We'll see how they do tonight with Borgault instead of MacEwen.

Jensen is way more mobile than I expected. Pleasantly surprised.
I remember reading that his skating was one of his strengths. It seems that if he's paired with a good partner, he's really good; if paired with a bad partner, he struggles. Wonder which type Chabby will end up being.

Last edited:

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Norris - Pinto - Batherson
Cousins - Greig - Perron
Gregor - Ostapchuk - Amadio/MacEwan

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

Ullmark - Forsberg/Tokarski
I don't see them putting Amadio on the 4th line and Cousins on the 3rd. They're paying Amadio over $2 million, Cousins is getting less $1 million. Amadio can play on the right or left side. I also think they'll be trying Norris at center, not on the wing. He might be 3rd line center to ease him in. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Perron in the top 6 with Norris being on the 3rd with Amadio and Greig. Lots of possibilities with this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad