Official 2023 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
My stomach would drop if the 6th pick was made and Michkov was still there. I would take him, risks and all, but that’s easy to say as a fan with no skin in the game. With the war and the Flyers Russian goalie prospect, I’d imagine they’re wary. It would be interesting to see what they’d do. I’m glad it isn’t my job to make these types of calls

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
2E69327A-6219-481C-8445-AD7FCAC2D708.png

Attachments

• A7235E7C-6730-4D80-B83E-213DC38C93CE.png
    A7235E7C-6730-4D80-B83E-213DC38C93CE.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 7

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
If Flyers somehow draft Smith and Reinbacher in the first round, they did real f***ing good.
I know, the vagaries of these simulations, eh. Most of the time you get a choice of Benson, Leonard, Moore, Dvorsky or one of the D.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Man if we get Smith I will be absolutely Devastated. I said it a few days ago, but I personally believe he has bust written all over him.

Realistically I'm rooting for Michkov, Benson, Leonard, Dvorsky, Moore in that order

Last edited:
Reactions: RANKKA

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
If Montreal takes Reinbacher I'll start getting excited because Arizona would probably take Leonard. I'm not as sure that it's as likely to go in the inverse of that. If Montreal takes Leonard, Arizona is probably more likely to take Michkov, but who knows, Arizona needs a D

I can definitely seeing Arizona being quite hesitant about the Michkov situation.. because if there is concern about pulling him to the NHL.. what worse franchise to convince him to come over than themselves? and the talk of MTL being concerned about Michkov seems very real

Reactions: BillDineen

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Andrey Nikolishin told how Matvey Michkov is evaluated in the NHL.

According to experts, the Russian forward is seen as a contender for the choice in the top 5 in the NHL draft.

“For me, he is first or second in terms of skill [in the draft].

But in terms of character, in relation to teammates, coaching staff, management, fans - the person has now fallen very low in the eyes of all scouts, all managers. It has nothing to do with tragedy.

The information is collected about the player - about how he talks with partners, how he communicates with coaches, how he behaves off the ice. So Matvey…

You can reveal many nuances. I can show the chat when I wanted to meet him and, being a scout, ask a few questions, do an interview, how he answers.

I have never seen such disrespect for other people in my life, ”said Andrey Nikolishin, a former forward of the Russian national team.

Nikolishin said it on a live stream on YouTube channel “Skolzky led”. As a Rus citizen I can confirm that Nikolishin one of the most adequate experts in Rus hockey, he never makes a “black PR”

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For me at 7 a Leonard or Barlow pick would be awesome.

Barlow at 7? Do we really need another straight-line shoot-first one-tricky pony?

According to experts, the Russian forward is seen as a contender for the choice in the top 5 in the NHL draft.

But in terms of character, in relation to teammates, coaching staff, management, fans - the person has now fallen very low in the eyes of all scouts, all managers. It has nothing to do with tragedy.

The information is collected about the player - about how he talks with partners, how he communicates with coaches, how he behaves off the ice. So Matvey…

You can reveal many nuances. I can show the chat when I wanted to meet him and, being a scout, ask a few questions, do an interview, how he answers.

I have never seen such disrespect for other people in my life, ”said Andrey Nikolishin, a former forward of the Russian national team.

Nikolishin said it on a live stream on YouTube channel “Skolzky led”. As a Rus citizen I can confirm that Nikolishin one of the most adequate experts in Rus hockey, he never makes a “black PR”

Could he be tasked with putting out information like this so Michkov drops to a team like Washington?

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Could he be tasked with putting out information like this so Michkov drops to a team like Washington?
No I think it’s impossible. At least I heard the same things before, from employees of organization Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. Michkov started his career in their hockey school. And to be honest I don’t think scouts of Flyers or Canadiens watch russian hockey show

Reactions: BernieParent

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018

I have not heard this anywhere. I've listened to a lot of scout interviews and they all say that Michkov is extremely dedicated to the game of hockey and has a desperate desire to win. To the point where his teammates had to help him with calming down. Sounds like a very young kid who needs to mature, but sounds like a winner to me. If he's there, we should 100% be taking him.

Reactions: BernieParent

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not sure if posted yet...Button's top 32. Now this is a list of who he thinks the best guys will be in 5 years, not how he thinks the draft unfolds. Sale a #7

Full list. Not sure you can take much from it, but historically the Flyers board has been eerily similar to his. I don't remember what he thought of Farabee, but every 1st pick going back to Morin, he was pretty much the high man on. I think he's buddies with Dennis Patterson.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad