Prospect Info: [Official]: 2016 Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Andersson is really impressive, I mean composed, great first pass, own zone coverage and logs a lot of minutes. It's funny he looks like he is out of shape but like Doughty in a lot of ways, may e not as good but style wise maybe....

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So the Flames have a Keith (Brodie), a future Karlsson (Kylington) and a future Doughty now (Andersson). Oh, and a future Chara in Kanzig.

Flames' future defence is looking Hall of Fame-y.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
I'm content as long as we get Top 6-7, would be okay with any of the players. After that there's kind of a falloff.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Might as well know the rules before going out and moving top 5 picks. If we move the number 5 it would be for a young goalie and winger. I would consider something like:

5OA
Gillies

For
Mrazek
Mantha

Still I would just prefer to pick a forward that can handle Monahan and Gaudreaus skill off the rush ie Nylander or Dubois. None of this Ferland, Colbourne, Jones, Jooris top line fill in.
I stated outright the suggested trade was if our pick was in the 6-10 range

and the Wings won't be moving Mrazek, that is crazy talk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'm content as long as we get Top 6-7, would be okay with any of the players. After that there's kind of a falloff.

They cant finish any higher than 6th so yeah 6th or 7th is probably where they end up picking. I doubt that more than one team would jump them at that spot.

Matthews
Laine
Puljujarvi
Dubois
Chychrun

Flames will get either Tkachuk or Nylander...book it

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
They cant finish any higher than 6th so yeah 6th or 7th is probably where they end up picking. I doubt that more than one team would jump them at that spot.

Matthews
Laine
Puljujarvi
Dubois
Chychrun

Flames will get either Tkachuk or Nylander...book it

Nylander vs Tkachuk who is better pick? Nylander I think is more skilled and can do it on his own and plays RW, Tkachuk is producing more though and more "truculent", although some people question the production.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Andersson is really impressive, I mean composed, great first pass, own zone coverage and logs a lot of minutes. It's funny he looks like he is out of shape but like Doughty in a lot of ways, may e not as good but style wise maybe....

Andersson had a huge game. So did Mangiapane. Nylanders hockey IQ is insane. So glad I watched the whole thing.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I only caught about half of the Barrie/Miss game, but our 2 guys were always in the play. That's what you want to see in a game 7. That one rush by Andersson (in the 1st I think?) was a thing of beauty, and I'm getting pumped about his future.

Also, what did you guys think about Sean Day? I wasn't too impressed from what I saw, he was often out of position and led to goals against. Still I think it's a good chance that we use a late 2nd, or 3rd on him. We could afford the gamble, and it's one that could really pay off.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Need we need to get bigger, but elite talent is always a need as well. We are in need that just much as size for our top 6. I think whoever the BPA is, that's who we take.

Sure, that's why if you can get talent & size you take it. Both PLD & Tkachuk fit that bill. I really doubt we take Nylander @4

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Nylander has more talent in little finger than either of them do in their whole bodies.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Nyan Der looks good, reaalllyyy good, how close the others are to him may sway the vote amongst scouts. It may be that the other two are close enough that size and overall game may have scouts taking them instead.

I wouldn't be too worried taking any of them, but I still think we will luck out and pick top 3! ;)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I know we have arguments on this forum regarding losing/positioning.

But Calgary's managed to get themselves into a really good position come this draft. I'd love the first overall, but any of the top 7 are really going to help this team our moving forward, significantly.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Nylander would be a really good pick. He's the best offensively out of the three. I had him at 7 a while ago but he's passed Chychrun and Tkachuk. But PLD is a Blake Wheeler, Marian Hossa, Jeff Carter type. I don't know how Burliving could pass him up when they considered picking Nick Richie over Sam Bennett.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Nylander would be a really good pick. He's the best offensively out of the three. I had him at 7 a while ago but he's passed Chychrun and Tkachuk. But PLD is a Blake Wheeler, Marian Hossa, Jeff Carter type. I don't know how Burliving could pass him up when they considered picking Nick Richie over Sam Bennett.

I'm going to go with PLD is Jamie Benn lite.

I also think Puloevi could be better than Chychrun (Jbo).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Second time running this. DAMN, I'm good:

JdmEnh3.png

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Second time running this. DAMN, I'm good:

JdmEnh3.png

If CLB does get Matthews I really hope they go somewhere with that team. Build around Matthews and Saad for the forwards and Jones and Murray for the defense. They could have a really good future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad