Official 2015 tank thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
What does a small goalie have to do with getting pushed around? I don't get it.

I've never, nor will I ever, forget Miller being run over by Lucic. Not saying it was Miller's responsibility to fight back but I (yes, "I" and I know I don't own the team nor make the decisions) don't want a small team, goalie included.

If only Myers had Ennis' heart and spirit.....:) (or Gerbe's)

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I've never, nor will I ever, forget Miller being run over by Lucic. Not saying it was Miller's responsibility to fight back but I (yes, "I" and I know I don't own the team nor make the decisions) don't want a small team, goalie included.

If only Myers had Ennis' heart and spirit.....:) (or Gerbe's)

ok you can make the argument about wanting a big goalie in order to better save the puck, but a bigger goalie just to say the team is big is just dumb

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The issue to me is that this is the last year to purposefully stink. Next year we are (or should be) trying to win. With that said, we no longer should be looking at stop-gaps, etc. So you are either going with Enroth, as he's earned the right in Buffalo to be their starter, or not.

Personally, I'm not sold on him being a deep playoff goalie, nor do I think TMGM does too (again, I do not know him personally, it's just an opinion based on his "big goalies" statement.). I'd rather keep Neuvi as the backup and go after a starter, ala Neimi in FA.

As a Buffalo fan, I have a chip on my shoulder about being pushed around, so I do not want the "smallest" goalie in the NHL. He's been very good but he still leaves the top of the net open when he goes down. Skill wise, Enroth is very good but he's just too damn small.

I don't see Enroth as a long-term starter either, but Buffalo should have a decent goalie next season if they want to start winning, and the only one in sight right now is Enroth. "Tanking" this season is not worth being a lesser team the next couple seasons. If you want to keep Neuvirth, he's already making more than Enroth and he's not going to stay for less. If you want a more established starter through UFA fine, but why keep Neuvirth when he's probably the lesser goalie that will demand at least as much as Enroth to stay? You can keep Enroth for about the same price, he'll be better and already proven as a back-up, and his size (as a back-up) won't matter at all in your strange desire for having a big goalie.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Mike Harrington jumping the shark and stating sabres are under the ethical obligation to pull the rights to their games from WGR on account of them employing pro tank personalities. Otherwise the organization is tanking!

Holy wow. Just wow.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mike Harrington jumping the shark and stating sabres are under the ethical obligation to pull the rights to their games from WGR on account of them employing pro tank personalities. Otherwise the organization is tanking!

Holy wow. Just wow.

9/11 was an inside job!!

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

Holy wow. Just wow.

How is this guy still employed

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Never have I seen so much deeply misplaced self righteous indignation. I could respect guys writing columns saying this is a dumb way to team build. I just don't understand and can't get with a guy antagonizing half the fanbase, the organization, his media colleagues, etc. It's not a fight for the soul of buffalo, mike. Some people disagree with you about how to build the best team. And for what it's worth, nothing any of us do or say has anything to do with what happens. The last time someone did something to affect the tank was in August, when tim Murray finished his roster. were all just watching now, same as you.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Never have I seen so much deeply misplaced self righteous indignation. I could respect guys writing columns saying this is a dumb way to team build. I just don't understand and can't get with a guy antagonizing half the fanbase, the organization, his media colleagues, etc. It's not a fight for the soul of buffalo, mike. Some people disagree with you about how to build the best team. And for what it's worth, nothing any of us do or say has anything to do with what happens. The last time someone did something to affect the tank was in August, when tim Murray finished his roster. were all just watching now, same as you.

send this to him

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013

Holy wow. Just wow.

As the English would say "That guy is mental."

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I asked him on twitter why TBN gets free speech while WGR doesn't. No response as of yet

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I asked him on twitter why TBN gets free speech while WGR doesn't. No response as of yet

CklBxhA.jpg

:laugh:

Love that he thinks that there's a functional difference between sports journalists and sports talk radio hosts.

ADoubleD

Jul 19, 2009
Buffalo, NY
CklBxhA.jpg

:laugh:

Love that he thinks that there's a functional difference between sports journalists and sports talk radio hosts.

I think his point is that WGR is the official radio station of the Buffalo Sabres. Not that I agree with him or think it matters, but that's the dumb argument he's trying to make.

KennyFnPowers*

lmao... Harryontounge is a tool. nobody takes that moron seriously. one look at the guy and you just know he's a total bonehead. he's why the newspaper industry is on it's last leg (or rather the dummies that employ bums like him).

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think his point is that WGR is the official radio station of the Buffalo Sabres. Not that I agree with him or think it matters, but that's the dumb argument he's trying to make.

The "official station" just means they have the broadcast rights to Sabres games. Do you think the Sabres have sway over what the WGR shows (outside of Hockey Hotline) say? Anyone who thinks that is completely insane based on how much ridiculous bashing goes on over the WGR airwaves. The insinuation that the Sabres organization somehow promotes "pro-tank" talk on WGR is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad